1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning Bucc LF Advice

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by vampiredio, Mar 25, 2021.

1. vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    12:27 PM
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Howdy folks! I just returned to ML after ~6 months of break for school etc, & glad to be back.

In my break I left behind a 122 Bucc, of whom I have now returned to absolutely clueless on what to do next. I had never made it to mid-game (assuming early 4th job is mid-game) previously back in the day and this is my first time hitting 4th job on ML. I, generally speaking, have no idea what to do or where to go for leveling at this point; I've mostly just been hanging out at CDs for money and getting slow xp while card hunting in my down time. I have had some folks recommend 7F in Shaolin to me, but I only have 165 acc and I feel that my damage at 122 is pretty shit, all things considered, and wouldn't make me a helpful party member to any duo that'd be kind enough to take me. I'm a pretty casual player, I have no real desire to make a bunch of alts and mules; I'm not necessarily opposed to making a HS mule and leeching it to a useful level, but it's not something I'm itching to do either.

I have a few questions regarding Bucc and where to go next in my journey, if anyone is able to answer/provide a bit of advice that'd be poggies. My one thing is I will not leech, so please don't suggest it <3 I'll also drop my stats & equips in case that's of any use!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The questions I have are as follows;
    • Where should I be (attempting) to train?
    • Are there any essential equips I'm missing?
    • What kind of rates should I be expecting?
      • (as a note I've been dicking around in 3-4F and getting like .5%/minute)
    • Is making an HS mule worth it and what kind of expense would that run me in terms of funding / gear, given that it would really only exist to sit in FM and buff me.
    • Are there any lower level bosses I should be routinely killing for some extra xp/useful scrolls/etc?
    I think that's all I've got, but if anyone needs extra info from me to answer anything lmk!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I haven't personally done it on a Bucc but Ravana and Pap should be decent options for leveling. They're also decent money. Since Barrage ignores knockback requirements you can (probably) keep Ravana pinned and take no damage, making it a fairly afk experience. You just have to stay to the right of him and he won't be able to cast any damage dealing attacks. Only it requires 2 people to enter so it'd need either a friend or a level 70 alt.

Pap is good but I feel like not having 100% uptime on stance could make it a bit of a pain, as the left side top platform is generally where people kill him from when he's in the left corner, but you'll get knocked down without stance and that opens you up to annoying dispels and stuns.

At 125 you can start doing some cwkpq, one of the modern strategies is to use a bucc to knockback mage with Barrage to keep it pinned in place, so it's a decently valued position on a team. It also opens you up to looting Marks of Naricain, upgrading the Silver Deputy Star slot with up to 5 attack/6 stat/300 hp.

Bigfoot no longer has any iframes, but I hear he's more difficult to pin on melee now as he casts his stomp pretty frequently. I haven't actually tried on melee any time recently so it might be too difficult to get down properly. At least you won't whiff any demo casts against him. Just be weary of getting run over, and try to be smart with iframes to walk through him, and learn where his touch box is as well(the bandaged toe) as you can simply hop over him without taking touch.

I see you've started to add int, but I'd consider adding some more. Buccaneers tend to be fairly close to bosses, so they end up having to tank touch damage quite often, something ranged classes don't need to concern themselves with nearly as much. There's also no damage mitigation in the bucc kit, so unlike warriors they're taking the full damage of a boss. You should be safe to do almost everything with 14-15k hp clean(~16k for PB, but folks rarely get that far in the game), and my gut tells me it should be reachable with around 120 base int or thereabouts, along with some MP washing.

But most of all good luck on your journey, no leech is the most satisfying way to play the game and I'm glad others enjoy it too SlimeCool

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Thank you for the friendly advice! I'll give Rav/Pap a shot! I did all of the Pap preq's a while ago, but I'll get on the Rav preq's now! HP washing has been kind of controversial from all of the Bucc's I've talked to, some people say don't bother, some people say to go all out, which is why I'm staying pretty middle of the road with some light washing just to give myself a comfortable amount of HP; I will say that on top of my base INT (27) I have an extra 50 from some INT gear, I'll definitely keep pumping ~2-3 INT each level to help with the washing process. Thank you again for the advice! I really appreciate it ^_^

4. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    2:27 AM
    heyhey welcome back! I'm also a bucc who doesn't have an HS mule aside of storage mule to store skillbooks, scrolls, potions, etcetc. I fully agree with the post above and would like to share my view.

1. When I hit 120 I started to hunt cards for tier 10. The reason is cuz I didn't have any fund and was kinda bored of CDs map in taiwan grinding from 6x to 11x LMAO. While doing this I was hoping to get gachapon tix and hope the roll would be something that can fund my gear/whatever I wanted to do. I ended up with tier 5 and then started to lvl up as I already have the fund I needed (only one CS tho LOL). Then I started to train himes solo until like 130 while also getting leeched from my friend sometimes... I was getting around 7m eph (idr how much % is that per min at that lvl) kinda the same as CDs eph solo (yes, I usually play solo). At 130 I got invited to some CWKPQ runs and slowly lvling up while making some mesos (12 man 10 man 6 man any squad is fine). If I must say, it's basically CWK and Zak all the way from 13x to 15x or even 16x then u can go to 7f or even early 15x if u wish, I personally started grinding 7f at 13x while doing cwk/zak

2. I think ur gear is solid comparing with mine back then.
    a. Weapon: I had to use a poorly scrolled 86wa king cent until 14x LOL then upgraded to 99wa
    b. Ring: I didn't continue the monster book ring not until late 16x but if u wish u can get it early!
    c. Helmet: I was using 17str 27dex scar hat until 17x... LMAO I'm a cheap guy f3
    d. Pendant: This is prolly my biggest achievement ever, bought horntail pendant when it was still at 60m after I sold the CS I got. Pretty high dex stat so we can lower the base dex we have while still able to wear our gear and am still using it until now!
    e. Earring: 9dex single earring, bought for like 16m ish
    f. Face Acc: none :(
    g. Overall: 24str 4dex red belly duke! done wonder and carried my adventure until 15x
    h. Glove: red martier 9wa and something something str and dex... so ur 12wa is solid
    i. Cape: blackfist cloak from cwk! +300 hp and +3 to 5 wa based on ur luck
    j. Eye Acc: 2str 2dex spectrum goggle ofc, but u can get an accuracy raccoon mask instead if u need the acc

3. I don't remember sorry :(

4. I don't know either, ppl say it's worth it but like I'm just too lazy to make one ahaha but if u wanna make one go for it

5. Daily ravana/pap with a team is good exp/meso! also I'm a quester and there are alot of good quest that gives u good scroll as a reward, u can check guide section here on forum or look up redrebootz's youtube :D

tldr u can do whatever u want, bucc can do almost everything solo but having many connections is also key

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Bucc Gang pog!

Thank you for the advice and tips! I'll def try Himes, I remember it being pretty good xp, and at least a good change of pace from CDs. I for sure got lucky with my King Cent (scrolled it myself SlimeCool) and plan on using it for a long time! I'd love to upgrade my pend to HTP or MoN; I hear conflicting things about MoN not being worth the money since 5wa isn't a guarantee, so I think I'll settle for HTP first. I need some extra INT as is so I think HTP is my best bet for my next upgrade.

I'm a big card hunter in my free time since it's ez for gach and I enjoy seeing maps I don't typically visit/mobs I don't typically see. It's just a kind of fun hobby for exploring the game!

I will definitely give daily Rav/Pap a shot! I've never really bossed at all in old school so it'll certainly be a good change of pace & a fun new thing to learn. <3

6. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Personally, I like doing the Temple of Time kill 999 mobs quest. It's pretty good exp plus it opens up more maps for you in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:27 PM
    DMsRebirth
    You can bump your accuracy by quite a bit by getting a sad mask, scrolling some dex overall, scrolling an eye acc for accuracy, and scrolling some shoes for avoid. If you can get like like 220 base accuracy or so, 7F should be fairly easy once you have a good amount of points in dragon strike (gold monks require 275 accuracy to 100% hit, but there are only two spawns in 7F so it doesn't matter that much if you miss like a third of the time on them).

I wouldn't do pap on a bucc without max super transform. You can't really stay on the upper plats unless bubble is up and when you're on the floor, you'll get dispelled and stunned a lot. I killed one at level 120 for my TL quest and it was extremely annoying. I also wouldn't do BF without 12k HP to tank its touch damage; you can technically do it without taking touch damage but you'd have to do the fight perfectly. Ravana should be fine though.

If you don't want to do 7F, Temple of Time is probably the best place to level.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Thank you for the insight! I'll look into getting some dex stuff for 7F in the future ^_^

I have done pap once before with a DK friend of mine and it was still quite annoying, but definitely a fun experience so although it isn't the easiest fight I enjoy it nonetheless for the change of pace & a bit of a challenge. I've never done BF or Ravana, but I'm going to be doing the Rav preqs after I get sick of card hunting (currently at 191 sets!).

I at one point was doing all the kill quests for ToT (that were available up to my level) and I don't remember at what level I stopped, so I'll definitely head back to ToT at some point to check and grind a bit. Thank you again for the friendly advice! It really helps!

9. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    I was 100% caught up with the kill quests at some point, though I haven't done one in a while so I'm sure I've got a few more to do at my level, I had totally forgotten about those so thanks for the reminder!