1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scepter’s Somewhat Spectacular Travel Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Scepter, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Scepter

Scepter Timer

Feb 20, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    4:06 PM
    Sceptre
    Buccaneer
    Shinsoo
    Hey everyone, I’ve played this server for more than a year now, and I figured I’d share some travel tips and tricks for both new and experienced players. Most importantly, I’ll cover travel guides on getting to locations many newer players are unfamiliar with, such as Malaysia and key areas in Crimsonwood Keep. Besides that, I’ll also be covering shortcuts, hidden routes and other tricks to get around the Maple World just a tad bit faster (and for some, more convenient).

Don’t want to drag the introduction too long, so let’s get started!

How do I get to ___

Head to Kerning City and walk to the Kerning Subway. Talk to Tito and you’ll be transported to Ximending instantly at the cost of 2,000 mesos.
    [​IMG]

To the east of Kerning City stands Irene. Pay her 20,000 mesos for a ticket to Singapore CBD. It doesn’t really take that long though, the flight time’s only a minute, and you can enter the waiting map any time before the flight takes off.
    [​IMG]

Once you’re in Singapore CBD area, just keep going all the way right to get to Boat Quay Town. From there, the right-most portal will bring you to the Malaysia’s Metropolis.
    [​IMG]

I’ll spread this out since there’s a few places people need help getting to.

From the Haunted House map, take the door up the staircase to your left. You’ll appear in a “Where am I?” map. Again, climb the staircase up, and the portal there will bring up to a disorientating “Where are you?” From there, just head right until you see a single-portrait, and it’ll teleport you to Sophilia’s Bedroom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the Haunted House map, head right to the Bent Tree. Take the bottomright portal to get to Haunted Hill. Again, head to the bottom right portal, and you’ll appear at a Crossroad. Move TWO portals right and you’ll reach the Twisted Paths. Watch out for Bigfoot here, and walk right all the way to the end. That portal will bring you to Lukan’s map. Watch out for the Elder Wraiths here though, they’ll home into any player in the map, making it difficult to talk to Lukan without killing them / auto HP / dark sight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This will be broken up to two sections. For those WITH and WITHOUT the Map of Phantom Forest.

From the Haunted House map, head left to the Swamp Bog. Press up at this shrine rock thingy to get to a Crossroad map. At the same spot, press up again and you’ll instantly appear at the Forgotten Path. Just head to the top left portal and you’ll reach the beginning of the Jump Quest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get to Dead Man’s Gorge from the right of the Haunted House. Take the teleport to the right after Joko, and you’ll reach the first Twisted Path map. Walk all the way to the last portal on the right, and you’ll get to the 2nd Twisted Path map. After that, just go two portals left (count to the 2nd portal) and you’ll reach the same Crossroads as those who do have the Map of Phantom Forest. Take the left portal and you’ll reach the start of a series of platforms, where you’ll have to go counter-clockwise to the top-left to get to the Jump Quest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Map Teleports & Shortcuts
    In this section, I’ll cover some map teleports that are relatively unknown, or aren’t being made used of as much.

This saves just a bit of time for newer players. But instead of just walking right after spawning at the boat, you can take a small little detour to the left and teleport directly to Olaf. This will also help save a bit of time on the way back for you to take the taxi ride to the other parts of Victoria Island.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Players coming back from Leafre via Ellinia can take this pretty unused tele spot to get to the Taxi very quickly. Just jump down after the portal and the taxi will be to the top left of the screen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ever wondered what was the use of the Return to New Leaf City Scroll? Besides saving you one click from the Crimsonwood Keep, it’s also very handy in skipping one subway ride. For some reason, Amoria is considered to be in the same continent as New Leaf City. This means you can use the scroll to get to New Leaf City instantly. Of course, this doesn’t work the same way back, but cutting down the trip by half sure as hell helps!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There’s a hidden teleport at the town hall that sends you all the way to the right of the map. This works both ways, making it easy to get from one end to another.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I’m not sure if this is considered glitch abuse (I remember doing this pretty often in the old official server). You can hold right over here and jump to fall into the water. The auto-unstuck system or something will send you to the left of the map. This is pretty handy to get to the left in an instant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There are hidden teleports in both Mysterious Path 2 and 3 to help you get to the Ghost Ship faster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Others
    There’s also some general tips and tricks I’ll share here. Besides the obvious use of Return Town Scrolls, there’s two ways you can get around maps quicker. I won’t show that many p pictures here since there’s just too many maps for this.

Channel Changing / FM
    Certain maps will send you all the way to a specific location if you change channel or head to FM and out. This is mainly for the Orbis Tower and Eos Tower route, where it can instantly get you to the top of the map when you’re climbing up the tower.

Another notable place for this trick is Maple Island. For the beginners and Islanders out there, a good number of the maps will always spawn you at the left whenever you change channels. This can help reduce traveling time by a significant amount. Some more notable maps includes Amethyst and Maple Road: A Split Road.

Channel Surfing
    Some maps will always send you back to a previous map once you change channels. To circumvent around this, you can always just go to FM first before changing channels. As of now, the only maps I'm aware of that you can do this with are
    - Haunted House
    - Sleepywood Dungeon (the maps towards Sanctuary)
    - Zakum Altar & Dead Mines

FM Teleport
    A neat little trick in the server. Thanks to the FM button, you can get around the map pretty fast, especially in places lacking map teleports. This trick is just taking advantage of the fact that you’ll always come out of the actual FM portal in towns. Some notable maps you can use to get around faster includes

- Perion
    - Singapore CBD
    - Singapore Boat Quay Town
    - Malaysia Metropolis
    - Korean Folk Town

: My most used one, going to FM here will quickly get you to the right of the map.

[​IMG]

Conclusion
    That about sums it up for all I've got! There's still a couple places which I haven't taken screenshots of yet, so the guide will be updated whenever that's done. If you have any suggestions to improve this guide let me know. Many thanks for reading and I do hope this helps!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    4:06 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  3. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    1:06 AM
    Now this is what I needed. Me and all the noobs. Thank you ScepterScepter!

4. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    11:06 AM
    Danix
    Beginner
    Thank you for creating this wonderful guide. Didn't know about that hidden portal in Ellinia :eek: