1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Server Advertising and You

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:09 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

During the 4 years of MapleLegends, I've always noticed the same pattern. People are having a blast, they notice a new hype server coming up, advertise it, and then eventually come back here if it ends up having problems or not fit the requirements of the user.

While it's great people come back, I still feel the need to make this announcement as my official standpoint on talking about other MapleStory Servers.

The reasons why I want to make an official announcement where people can look at, is because in-game a lot of misinformation gets tossed, especially by those promoting new servers.

Example, they say to users that tell him/her not to promote that 'talking' about upcoming servers is completely fine, even if you blatant list the features in attempts to attract other to said server, and quitting MapleLegends.

When playing MapleLegends, you've likely met friends, enjoyed the game, as well as supporting the server in any shape or form.

We would really appreciate if you do not use our platform in anyway to promote, advertise, shit talk, or generally talk about upcoming servers. This includes whispers, guild chat, alliance chat, or any other messaging system within the game.

The reason for that is simply because it's disrespectful. You attempt by doing so hyping other users quitting this server and taking a hit on our userbase.

No, I am not saying you are never allowed to play other servers. We are asking if you could do it outside the game. Example, Discord DM's. That way, you talk about it to your friends and not everyone that is an example in a guild.

Now when people are making statements in-game about promoting servers being allowed you can link them to this thread. If you catch anyone blatant advertising you are free to report them in our Report Abuse section on the forums.

Thank you. Especially if you listen to this simple request of ours.

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Conjuring

Conjuring Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    12:09 AM
    Honestly I never understood why there is a rule against server advertising. I'm not talking about smegas.
    We are not a small server. could someone explain me?

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:09 PM
    Moderator Post
    Thought this topic was locked, but I still want to answer. It's basically like the real world. You wouldn't go to a fast food restaurant and talk loudly about how this place doesn't have x and y and that there's a competitor having it. It's pretty much same for MapleStory Servers, or any server in general of any game.

It's disrespectful when being in-game or playing a service and trying recruit users away from it by talking good about a competitor. Especially when you already left the server and only login with the intentions of getting as much as users away from our service into the new server, which unfortunately some users are doing.

This topic is basically made because people were saying in-game we have no problems of users trying recruit users away from this server to another, which is just wrong. Now, people have an official place to look and tell other users not to do what they are doing. It's been happening for 4 years now and the cycle keeps going. Yes, I could just let it be going with a mindset of 'They will stay in ML anyway if the new service sucks' but imagine if you are new to the server, and you see a group of people trying recruit you to a new server and nothing gets done. Would you think something is up with the server or something? Because personally I would.

In short, like any other server (afaik) we do not allow the promoting and advertising of servers, especially upcoming ones. Upcoming ones are infamous for getting advertised to dead because of the 'wipe hype'. It happens over and over.

If you have any further comments feel free to message me. I will keep this topic locked since it was meant to be.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.