1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Server Daily

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zeretius, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    11:07 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Quest NPC found in FM somewhere:

This NPC has a quest 1 time a day any level can pick up.

The quest will be something like kill 99 of "Random monster your level".(this would obviously have to be adjusted for some1 in the high levels like 160+, not sure if there is monsters that level. So you can maybe tune the quest for anyone higher than 140 or w.e to just train at monsters 100-120 range)

Reward:

Reasonable amount of exp for the level of the user who picked up the quest.

the point behind this daily quest is to help people who don't know where to train or not sure what quests to do... this could potentially lead to players finding new training spots so they can continue the grind XatSmile.

2. Charles

Charles Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Ga
    Normally I am opposed to things like this, but with the right amount of tweaking, I could see the potential benefits. It would take a lot of work on the staff's end to come up with monster ranges for every player, daily, without repeating too often. But it would be nice for unfunded new players, people who like exploring, and people who enjoy questing more than training. As long as it isn't too OP, I am open to the idea.

3. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    What is the difference between this and most/all of the quests that come with the game?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Or..someone who is knowledgeable on all training spots for all level ranges make a guide. If someone asks either redirect them to the forum or tell them yourself.
    There's no reason to put the admins to extra coding work when a much simpler alternative can be made.

Or a command taking your level range into account and answering it for you. Not quite as much coding. Simple if s

Say....level 10 mage...
    @training
    HH1, Slime tree (obviously with map names)

5. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    There's a crap-ton (<- that's an official term of measurement) of quest in the game already, I see where you're coming from but there are resources everywhere to find out where to train/ quest/ etc. So I don't see the point in spoon-feeding information.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Latte has a point. I take back my idea on the command. There is always obtainable information. If you can't get it that way, then ask. =/

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    8:07 PM
    NSFW
    I disagree completely. This sounds like a great idea, but all the servers that have tried something like this (sorry Adam!) haven't pulled it off.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    10:07 PM
    Wot lol, Kalyb/I have never done anything like this. ._.

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I'm thinking of the monthly scavenger hunt

10. Dysmia

Dysmia Mano

Apr 6, 2015
    Lunar Space Station
    5:07 AM
    This could be kind of fun. There are many possibilities. Although, I have to say that "beat up 100 of these things" quests are not so fun. Jump quests are probably my favorite. I think that a lot of time would need to be dedicated to make this work well. It makes me feel like like this is much better off as one-off monthlies or even bi-monthlies that go for a day or one week. I guess I have stepped into the territory of events, so I'll just say that I do not think that dailies could be kept fresh enough to warrant the creation of such a system.

Also, it would be nice if any special quests that are added to the game involve the community in some way. I didn't play in Royals for very long, but I enjoyed their GM events while I was there.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  11. SdwSlyr606

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    That has worked though, for nearly 2 years now lol. At least it's gone fairly well throughout that time, it wasn't even intended to be a routine thing until the robot became the event GM back in the day. ._. Though one thing that could fall under your example would have been the last 2 revamps of the event bosses that the robot did, we both can agree that shit didn't work out so well lmao.

OT: Idea sounds interesting, it reminds me a bit of something similar that was done on a now defunct server years ago. Though considering how Kimmy wants Legends to be like, I'm not sure how far this idea will go since that particular idea would be in the custom territory.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Most likely it isn't something that will be done daily, but there have been considerations for potential limited time periods in which certain daily activities can be done to earn some additional reward like game cash.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Abamita

Abamita Mushmom

Mar 30, 2015
    12:07 AM
    Abamita
    Chief Bandit
    Would you be willing to exchange the picture for a black outline and call it "Who's that monster"?

• Like Like x 1
  14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    The main thing that I was referring to about the scavenger hunt was that it just felt like an annoying grind that people did just for the rewards. But we can build on that and mix it in with a mechanic from later versions of GMS, like v75 or some tits like that. Gonna tag @Navi@Navi on this so he gets pinged.

It would be interesting to see something like Adam's scavenger hunt, but you hand in the items to the event NPCs in Orbis, Henesys, Lith Harbour and somewhere else. But instead of doing a boring grind on boring monsters, you could make it so all monsters have a certain chance of dropping one specific item, and you need a handful of them to hand in to the NPC. Maybe it could be something super rare, where you have to collect 10 of them in the whole month or something like that. That could be a good idea so that it doesn't take up so many slots of your inventory.
    In order to stop people from just grinding at HHG with mob skills in order to get all the items, we could combine something from the later GMS versions, that they used for medals: You could make it so only monsters within a few levels of you (+/- 5? 8?) will drop the item when you kill it.
    It would also be interesting to see the drop rate tied with the monster's HP/DEF to EXP ratio. That way people won't be deterred from grinding at high HP/high EXP monsters.

Just my 3 cents.

15. SdwSlyr606

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    Fixed. OnionMuha

• Like Like x 1