1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Several issues with Maple opening

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Lunar Light, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Lunar Light

Lunar Light Mano

Jan 28, 2016
    Female
    1:08 PM
    AwkwardTina
    Crossbowman
    Reticent
    After installing OS X El Capitan, I have been having some issues with starting up Maplestory. I saw others had the same issue in an older thread and after implementing the change I was able to open it up yesterday.

However, today, I was barely getting a response from trying to launch the game. After several attempts, I finally got a pop-up saying "The application 'Maplestory' can't be opened" from that Finder's goddamn happy face. That's all. Not sure what exactly was wrong. I know the MapleLegends.exe file has gotten deleted for others, but not sure if that happened with me... don't know how to check?

Since I still had the zip file, I ended up just expanding it again, creating a second Maplestory and have been able to open it now, but I thought I would write about it anyway.

Attached Files:

2. versachie

versachie Mano

Aug 18, 2015
    Male
    versachie
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    it might be ur exe is being deleted my ur antivirus kimberly made a post on how to fix it i think

3. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    4:08 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Haven't gotten this error myself and I'm still on OS X Yosemite, Wineskin is problematic at times though. Highly doubt it's antivirus unless you have one installed and running. You can check if you have the .exe file by right-clicking MapleStory > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > drive_c > Neckson > MapleStory. Whenever I get any 'weird' behavior I just dump the app and unzip it again, and it always works. Mac troubles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Lunar Light

Lunar Light Mano

Jan 28, 2016
    Female
    AwkwardTina
    Crossbowman
    Reticent
    Ah I see. Thanks for your reply/help. I checked and I do seem to have the file, so it's not that. I actually just had a really weird thing with the second Maplestory I unzipped. I was in KPQ, about to drop my pass at the end of stage 1, and Maple completely crashed. D/Ced, and two popups containing one or two Korean (I think?) characters came up... as well as what looked like an internet explorer pop-up as well, within Maplestory. In the upper left corner of the screen I saw a tiny image of the login page. After I closed all of that, I got the same pop-up I attached saying the application couldn't be opened. When I clicked again, I got that pop-up once more, but now it seems to have loaded properly. Unfortunately, did not get any screenshots. Thought I'd report an update.

5. stanley

stanley Snail

Jul 10, 2016
    Male
    4:08 AM
    which exe file need to delete?