1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadower being lackluster

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Hyuga, May 25, 2015.

1. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    1:35 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    So...i finally became a shadower...yay! But as i started using my new 4th job skills, i realized that our boomerang step delay is still extremely long. I hear in future patches they actually fixed that and lowered the delay slightly to make this job something less lackluster during late game (esp with bosses like HT). Shadowers weren't a popular pick in GMS/EMS due to this, so i was wondering if it was possible to remove this restriction and make shadowers slightly more useful as a class? I'm not exactly sure how long the delay was reduced to but it definitely made a difference.

Thank you for your time! :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    2:35 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    If I recall correctly Shadowers were meant to combine skills to achieve optimum attacking speed. I thought this was something like Boomerang step into Assassinate? And other combinations ofcourse.

• Like Like x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Atm the delay is so long i have to use 2x BoT or 2x SB between every BS. In future patches i noticed the delay was reduced by around 1/2 a second which allowed them to do 1x sb/BoT before next BS chain. It doesnt sound like much but its actually a huge gameplay changer.

4. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Ah, I did not know the delay was this bad. In that case, I'd say lower the delay so that Shadowers are mechanically still the same (with the delay between Boomerangstep) while improving their usability.

5. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
  6. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    In v62, Bstep alone isn't good in any way and requires BoT, SB or Assassinate in between to be somewhat efficient. What also works is walking a bit to reposition or Assaulter. In v72, Bstep delay is reduced to 1.5 seconds IIRC, and in v86, it drops to <1 second.

For bossing, the reduced Bstep delay isn't very helpful (since Bstep>Nate will still outdamage the fast Bstep), but it does help grinding for sure. It's still possible to grind on Shadowers with Bstep, though, even if it's slow (Taunt works wonders, too).

7. Segovia

Segovia Orange Mushroom

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    8:35 AM
    Meme
    Fighter
    buttstoof

This might help with some of the things Shadowers can do with their kits.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Oh yeah I remember her. Too bad she macros lol, bstep jumping isn't as easy as that without a programmed macro. I remember discussing it with her. :)

I might add that this is easily done without jumping, too; I'll upload a video from another v62 server about it, if you want.

9. OP
    OP
    Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    XD chaining skills is easily done, jump bstep is also very easy - as easy as jump meso explosion. The issue is due to that extra 0.5second delay, efficient mobbing whilst grinding is hindered, sure i can spam 2x BoT between every BS, but this is completely unnecessary.

10. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Jump skills must be different here then. It's not unnecessary to spam BoT between every Bstep; it's how v62 works and you have to change your playstyle accordingly, it won't make that much of a difference. If you want Bstep without delay, play a higher version. :s

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Delays from skill attacks are unfortunately done by the client, and needs reverse engineering client sided, which is something we cannot do.

12. OP
    OP
    Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    The issue isnt about spamming skills between BS, the issue is the delay isnt optimal for max dps. The o.5 delay forces u to do 2x BoT instead of 1 per chain which means less damage in general. Optimal dps has always been chaining BS with another skill, but the issue im trying to point out is, the delay is too long.

13. OP
    OP
    Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    I just died a little inside :(

14. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    Don't worry, you will still be useful as seduce mule on HT <3

• Like Like x 8
  15. OP
    OP
    Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon

16. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Optimal DPS on a Shadower, you're funny. Go play Sairs or NLs. :p

But yeah, I get what you mean.

@Autoassemble@Autoassemble Shads can do more than that!

17. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    Yeah don't forget smokescreen!

18. Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    2:35 AM
  19. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    I'll add another video of myself to the collection:

Taunt doesn't work there so I can't use it, otherwise I would. ): It's at ToT, but it's applicable at other places like Skeles, too, ofc.

By the way @Hyuga@Hyuga, you'd be surprised how little the difference is between a 2-second delay on Bstep as we have it here and a 1-second delay on higher versions. The utility of your other skills make up for it so that the difference is slim; I tried both and I maybe got 1% XP per hour extra, if not less, on the Bstep with short delay.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:35 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I never played a shadower so I could be wrong but... doesn't boomerang step have invincibility frames? I thought one of the main benefits of BS was that you could time it just right and avoid a whole lot of damage.