1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Slightly Buff Legendary Items from Gachapon

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Ghost., Feb 16, 2018.

1. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    10:16 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    The recent gachapon nerf on legendary items has made them very sparse. I've recently owled for Pink Gaia Capes, chaos scrolls, and white scrolls and found <6 of each in the entire market. Furthermore, only one of the capes was 4 atk clean and it was listed at an unreasonably high price. Specifically, I'd like to hear from the staff on their point of view about whether they intend for these items to return to how they used to be, namely very expensive and hard to obtain, or if this nerf was just a test to see how the market would respond in an attempt to slightly increase the price. Thanks for your input.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. poompoombew

poompoombew Slime

Jan 9, 2018
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Marksman
    Agree. And it’s making the already broken RNG factor even more ridiculous :(

3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:16 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Upvoting this SeemsGood

4. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    4:16 PM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    To be honest I'd rather see these few valuable items be obtainable somewhere instead of being locked behind a hard to balance gachapon system. Doesn't mean that they should be removed from gacha, but instead of buffing the gacha rates we could put them in the game somewhere instead.

For example, imagine if Lyka had a 1% drop rate on chaos scroll. It would make the boss very relevant instead of the state it is in now, and also motivate people to get to high level and complete ToT to be able to have a shot at this.

There are more area's and bosses in the game that are very dead right now (another example would be GPQ) that could be used to free certain items from gacha jail and make these area's alive again.

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The nerf was done on the Cash Gachapon to reduce the Vote2win. I agree that mob gachapon need be further buffed to counter the recent nerf on Cash Gach.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Just pointing this out, but just about every nerf that was done to Cash Gach's legendary rate was compensated into Hunting Gach's legendary rates.
    It is, at the moment, really similar to our most buffed rates. Capes have gotten very sparse due to some of the past changes, but they were buffed in our last update.

I think the issue is more that there's a whole lot of people reaching the end-game and with a ton of mesos, so everyone's dumping their money into CS/WS. They've been coming out pretty regularly out of Gach, but they're all almost instantly bought out.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. HL5 Vendetta

HL5 Vendetta Orange Mushroom

Aug 27, 2015
    Male
    Venezuela
    HammerTime
    Paladin, Warrior
    Simplex
    I agree with piety I got a ws from 1 hunting gacha and got several whisp but didnt got a price I would sell for so I planned to save it for a couple of days then rollback happen :D

8. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    9:16 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Like HL5 VendettaHL5 Vendetta said, last time I received a chaos scroll from gacha I got many whispers of people 1)asking if I would be selling or 2) trying to merch and I quote "I will buy for 75mil. That is 5mil more than market price because I am feeling nice today". The xmas event added in another "chaosable" item which increased the price of chaos scrolls significantly along with what PietyPiety mentioned, that more and more people are getting towards end game and thus buying and actually using WS and CS on PGC and PACs. We are at the point that is almost the complete opposite of the 2nd anv event, when over 800+ people on (most being new) who were getting cs/ws from the event. Instead of using, they would want to make money fast since they were new. Chaos scrolls dropped to below 40mil during this time.

I agree that rates might need a buff (for hunting since cash would increase abusers) sometime soon if the backlash of the xmas event, along with more "end game gear" oriented people continues to increase!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nikolai

Nikolai Orange Mushroom

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    New York, NY
    7:16 AM
    Nikolai
    Warrior
    Basic
    I agree that there is a scarcity within the market for legendary items. One of the biggest issues is the end game people purchasing chaos and white scrolls along with att capes. They earned that right to buy these items and have dedicated themselves towards the game BUT I do believe that they're able to raise the prices where only a select few can and will continue to buy them. This will cause a division within the game and create difficulty for new players. Being someone who played Legends for years, the nerf's and buff's will continue to be needed with the increase and decrease of players.

Possibly a solution could be if average online characters reach X amount, gach will be decrease(due to more people gaching) or if the average decreases to X amount, it will be increased.(due to less people gaching) Therefor, there is a pattern to the changes and we as players see more consistency with the market.
    Secondly I agree that increase legendary drops from bosses could be a great tool to change the dynamics but like we've seen in the past, this often gets very monopolized and controlled without giving a chance to lower/newer characters.

This is a tough subject and will not be corrected with one update but maybe more transparency with why or by how much gach is changed will give the community better knowledge to why these changes occur.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    8:16 AM
    Paladin
    very nice comment piety nice work

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Never ever do scheduled nerfs/buffs. People will just hoard up all the tickets until there are buffs. I wouldn't be surprised at all if people are now hoarding already because I said **I** agree there could be another buff, even though it may not happen.

12. Nikolai

Nikolai Orange Mushroom

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    New York, NY
    Nikolai
    Warrior
    Basic
    My apologies:) Just throwing some idea's out to make things more transparent since they can't stay consistent.

13. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    This. I was never a fan of gachapon anyway; I think the whole system is riggediculous, e.g. one guy can spend hours on the game and get nothing, while another can spend less than a minute (note: he/she doesn't even have to be playing the game!) to get 100 mil from one vote-gacha ticket.

The downside of removing vote-gachapon is that it may reduce incentive for people to vote for the server (at least to a certain extent), but I really like your idea: perhaps put in a mix of vote-gachapon and boss drops for legendary scrolls/equips? Or even better, make the rate of getting valuable scrolls from one vote-gacha reallyyyy low, but low enough that there's still a chance (so ppl like me who don't even grind still find incentive to vote), while also allowing bosses to directly drop these valuable scrolls/equips, at a higher rate than vote-gacha. This keeps people voting (for those who do not vote specifically for hp-washing/cosmetics nx) and regular mob hunting-gachapon unaltered, which I believe is currently fair and balanced.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  14. OP
    OP
    Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    This was the logic behind adding hunting gach tickets that have higher rates for scrolls and legendary items and whatnot compared to nx gach tickets that have a higher rate for junk like potions. It was an incentive to reward players that actually played instead of people that voted for months, logged in, and gached. I think the staff is against adding items to certain mobs since it kind of goes against GMS-like drop table and makes them too easily farmable (ex. them deciding not to add chaos scrolls to drum bunnies drops).

Another issue related to this thread is that people are hoarding NX to HP wash instead of gaching. People know voting gach is wasteful most of the time and would prefer to spend their NX on AP resets, cosmetics, pets, smegas, and NX clothes. I could be wrong, but I think that's the general decision among majority of the players. I think this is leading to far less people gaching in general, and a lot gach items are coming from mostly hunting gach tickets. I'm all for having voting gach being worse than hunting gach, so I think slightly buffing hunting gach should always be top priority when considering gach changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I mean, now that we have poof.ml as a database small changes to the droptable don't seem like a big issue since they could easily be added on there along with a announcement. I'm absolutely fine with just buffing hunting gachapon tickets, however if we could combine the unused content and the lack of gachapon items to give players more options for things to do in the late game, that would seem like a nice and fun solution that benefits everyone.

Also small disclaimer: I'm not saying that random monsters should give these items now, I would be looking more at some high level mini bosses (like my Lyka example in my previous post) and perhaps GPQ bonus stage drops. Also rates should obviously be low.

16. OP
    OP
    Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    No I mean I think they wanted to keep the drops GMS-like instead of custom, not that changing the tables would be difficult or cause any problems. Also a problem with adding them to mini bosses is that people would camp them even more than they do now.

17. OP
    OP
    Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    [​IMG]