1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some balancing suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nicholas, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    4:23 PM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Hi,

I just wanted to propose a few suggestions to accommodate more diversity in play-styles.

My first suggestion is with respect to luck mages.
    There is effectively no benefit to making a luck mage, as the magic attack gained through the Elemental Staffs 5-8 is less than the amount of luck needed to equip them. Moreover, most things one might scroll for luk to avoid using AP are scrollable for int, often with additional magic attack. Thus this is a pure loss in magic attack. It could be argued that this is fair as luck scrolls are much cheaper than intelligence scrolls. However, for all mages money is quite easy to make through selling leech service, and it is easy to obtain good equipment by higher levels (such as level 163).

My suggestion is this: If it is possible, make it so the mage classes receive more avoidability from the luck stat. I imagine this is possible as the buccaneer class receives a massive avoidability benefit from adding dex---its secondary stat, and I think this could be a great opportunity to give luck mages a boost in survivability in bossing and knock-back resistance when training.

My second suggestion is on balancing weapons for future end-game content.
    There is a lot of talk about pink bean eventually being released on maple legends and therefore the timeless weapons becoming available. With other end-game content such as Neo Tokyo, there have been new weapons released which serve as the end-game weapons for many classes, however for the Dark knight class (as an example) the sky ski remains the strongest weapon, despite being only level 85, and higher level weapons are easily out-damaged in bossing. These higher-attack slower weapons sometimes have a benefit when grinding, as doing more damage can lead to fewer attacks needed to clear mobs, but this is heavily dependent on your current gear (i.e it is usually the case that a sky ski and Faltizan of proportional attack will take the same number of attacks, but the ski will attack faster). Regardless of this point. I think it is time for this class to receive a new end-game bossing weapon, which should be the Timeless Alchupiz if this content is to be released. If possible, I think reducing the attack by a sizeable amount (like 10) and setting the attack speed to Normal, would be fair.

My third suggestion is on balancing 2 handed axes and 2 handed blunt weapons.
    In the case of the 2 handed blunt weapon it is sufficient to consider that the Speargrave 2 handed blunt weapon has less average attack and is slower than the crushed skull 1-handed blunt weapon, which is the same level and much easier to obtain, and does not provide the benefit of accuracy. It is clear to all players that axes (as an entirety) and 2-handed blunt weapons are so much weaker than their counterparts that they're not even on the table as a "cheap alternative." We should also note that these are only cheap because they are not viable weapons in the first place (so that they're cheap isn't really an argument). I again suggest that future content provide balanced weapons for these types, e.g letting their Timeless weapons have Normal attack speed and still maintaining a high attack (as they cannot be paired with shields), and potentially buffs to their respective damage multipliers.

I do not see these suggestions as unreasonable (unless they are impossible), as in the case of luk mages and axes and blunt weapons, I am asking only to buff very weak set of play-styles to be more playable. These raise the bottom-line of a class, and do not make more powerful those play-styles which are already well-balanced. As for the suggestion for future spears, this request is proportional to the benefits other classes expect to receive from obtaining new end-game weapons.

Update:
    Another possible change, in the event that it is not planned for reverse/timeless weapons to be introduced, is to just outright revamp NT weapons to have the desired re balances (i.e lowered attack but normal speed). There are relatively few players (if any) who use NT spears, and probably no players who use NT blunt weapons or axes, so it is certainly feasible to make this change and modify existing weapons.

One specific suggestion was to set speargrave spear to have the same speed as a sky skii, but with ~102 average attack. Moreover, for those players using scrolled NT weapons (again, few), they should be given the option to trade their old NT weapon for a newly-balance and equivalently scrolled NT weapon. For example, if you began with a NT weapon which was 3 attack above average and it's scrolled +5 with 2 slots on 30%/10% scrolls, you should be given the choice to exchange it with a 3 attack above average newly balanced spear which is scrolled +5 with 2 slots on 30%/10% scrolls. I imagine the GMs have the power to make this happen, and I definitely think these changes are well-merited.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    11:23 AM
    Having viable alternatives to Sky ski & Purple Surfboard would be nice *Cough* Buff Crimson Arcglaive *Cough*

429734728514535425.png

• Agree Agree x 1