1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some feedback in regards to the gacha revamp

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Autoassemble, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeo

Taeo Slime

Aug 26, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    2:12 PM
    Taeo/Yuto
    Hero
    Skyfall
    Price levels for rare items/scrolls will drop only if the supply exceeds demand but then, demand for these wouldn't decline due to the fact that there are many rich individuals snapping it up instantly and the amount of mesos flowing through the economy will still be the same.

Thus a meso sink should be implemented alongside the increase in supply of items/ scrolls to lower price levels and the amount of mesos in circulation. Mesos in exchange for NX items could work but who can possibly say that anyone might actually do that? Cause I wouldn't pay 1m to get a gachapon ticket to gamble

There are many ideas already floating around so I'll just add 1 more - how about 1m mesos for 100NX because you just so happen to have 3k NX and don't want to wait for another day's vote to buy an ap reset (should be in the other thread I know)

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    1m for 100 NX is pretty steep. You said you wouldn't pay 1m for a gash ticket.. this works out to 10m. Ok, so the point isn't to use it consistently to buy NX? Just for a small boost? I don't think it would see much use anyway. Most people would probably rather wait rather than get ripped off.

Just got to lower the price is all. Cause if no one bothers utilizing said feature, then it's a failure.

3. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    11:12 PM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    IMO sinks in general aren't a bad idea, but done incorrectly they can hurt the community much more than they help the economy which is what I'm mostly worried about. Honestly, we can't resort to a gacha revamp if prices are the problem. People are proactively saving 100k+ nx just waiting for the good drops to come back, but when they run out of nx, the prices will inflate and those who had the opportunity to prepare for it will have a huge advantage over those who didnt. NX is free, meaning the mesos gained from it takes literally no effort. However, if we allow players to purchase secondary NX with mesos with the limitations I stated earlier, we can avoid the issue of having to worry about gachapon spamming. We could try implementing permanent cash shop items for 4x the price of the 90 day versions. Generally this appeals more to the people who can afford to spend mass amounts of NX and want the luxury of never having to purchase the same item twice.

If you truly believe real sinks are the answer, then how about a custom store that sells untradable custom player-designed luxury items? They're just status symbols and don't affect the game dynamics at all. Players usually want exclusive access to items so maybe we can limit how many of each item are sold in the shops and price them high enough so that only the richest can afford them. It'd be like a donator shop, except it takes mesos instead. Depending on the success, it could even be auction based. Real meso sinks would give the player what they want and completely erase monetary value which tradable items such as equips or scrolls can't do.

For those who don't care about appearances, I'm having a hard time seeing why AP resets shouldn't be sold through mesos considering they're untradeable and don't do anything other than give people more HP. Are we trying to kill players with low HP to keep them from being proficient bossers? FoxF6

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    These luxury items won't work. You ever notice how it seems many people run around completely NXless? Yeah. Items that are merely "status symbols" but offer no real benefit won't have much appeal to the vast majority of the playerbase. What most players want is to make their character more powerful one way or the other, and the only way to do that is through their scrolls and gears. Yes, this means if players are able to buy/acquire scrolls and items one way or another through mesos, it gives "monetary value" to mesos. That is the whole point of meso sinks. You can't just offer players rubbish deals that give them nothing for giving away all their mesos and expect it to accomplish anything.

You know, HP washing was a "feature" that was never even intended by Neckson at first. At least, doesn't come off that way. Everyone can survive the end game bosses if they just get high enough level and receive Hyperbody. Maybe even earlier with gears that add HP instead. Nothing here was meant to "keep others down". Not even the rich players! All the meso sink discussion is trying to do is bring value to the mesos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andy

Andy Horny Mushroom

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    11:12 PM
    Blackberry
    Cleric
    Basic
    If that's the case, Legends is very limited in options. On one hand you can increase RNG for gachapon which the entire community can benefit from, but at the cost of less player activity. On the other, you can implement drop table edits which forces players who want to make mesos to farm, but give the stronger players an advantage.

While I'd prefer to avoid both scenarios, it seems the staff just has to decide which is better. As for HP washing, wouldn't you say selling AP/SP resets for mesos is intuitively the perfect meso sink because they're always in demand and have no meso value? It encourages the sale of int equips and combined with an increased droprate for those scrolls, could actually resolve the problem fairly quickly.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, selling AP resets would be a good idea... but I still think that in addition to that, selling gash or flat out selling NX is a better option. If players can also gash with their mesos, we're killing 2 birds with one stone here.

If we want to bring back any form of "equality" between newer and older players, we need to fix this gash item issue. It's pretty unfair that before mid october, earring int 30%, shield matk 30%, glove matk 30% were all available and purchasable. Now these scrolls are hard to find in the FM and are ridiculously priced. But the same goes for many other 30% scrolls and highly-sought-after gash-only items as well.

7. JustLikeFM

JustLikeFM Slime

Oct 25, 2015
    Male
    8:12 AM
    RiverSong
    Assassin
    Misfits
    Seems we've got a conclusion. Now it's just waiting for the moderators to pitch in. I mean. They might think that there is no problem at all. Who knows?

8. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    8:12 AM
    I'm going to close this thread because we're now rocking on the Abyss update, which has a re-balance of the gachapon revamp. Which is what this thread originally was about. Furthermore, the Abyss-update-fixes should bring more stability to the market.

Although we can not control the prices, theoretically the changes should mean the prices will drop and make the economy more healthy as more mesos will flow. In some time we'll see the effect of the current changes and re-evaluate from there, re-iterating on the suggestions here.

:)

• Like Like x 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.