1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh spamming control or command key

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by ossimbrian, Jun 7, 2017.

1. ossimbrian

ossimbrian Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2017
    Female
    5:05 PM
    Tentacles
    Warrior
    Hentai
    In windows, i can hold down alt or control to jump or attack continuously without lifting my finger. On mac, it only jumps or attacks once when I hold down the command or control key. Is there any way to configure the keys to behave like windows's control and alt where i dont have to repeatedly smash the keys?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    8:05 PM
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    This!! I was thinking the same thing I thought I was tripping lmao

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    ChrisChris pretty sure he has a solution to this one

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    I tried plugging my own keyboard in to the USB port no luck

5. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Pretty useful if you don't want to spam pots placed in those hot keys f3

6. Jaket

Jaket Red Snail

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Hands
    Assassin
    I was wondering the same! Any solution?

• Like Like x 1
  7. CupOfJoe

CupOfJoe Blue Snail

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    5:05 PM
    CupOfJoe
    Cleric
    Kingdom
    As a cleric and mac user, when I grind at GS2, I put my heal key on F, and swipe up on the trackpad with 3 fingers. This will allow me to keep attacking until the limit of attacking at the same spot (I believe 100 attacks) is reached. Not sure if this works with command and control keys, though I can try it when I get home later today.

Edit: I tried this with command and control keys and it doesn't work. In general, I would avoid putting anything on those keys because they can be used in combinations with other keys resulting in undesired effects, e.g. command+Q will close the program.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  8. Jaket

Jaket Red Snail

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Hands
    Assassin
    As an assasin and Mac user (well soon to be assasin I just joined the server yesterday) I have lucky seven key set on "A" so if I'm standing in one spot and just spamming the A key I can hold it down and not worry about mashing my keyboard. However if I am jumping and attacking, then choose to hold the key to spam my attack after a jump, there is a lag after I land, and I will have to press the key again (and there is a delay before I can attack on the ground) if I want to spam lucky seven rather than holding it down after my jump (sorry if this is hard to follow lol)

Pretty much if I jump and start holding down lucky seven after I jump and before I land, once I land I can't spam it without having to wait for the delay and then click "A" again to spam.

I came from Royals and when I played on a Mac there I didn't come across this issue so maybe there is a work around that I am unaware of!

Only a small issue but if anyone has a solution or fix for that it would be much appreciated :)

Side note: so far loving this server though! Very happy I made the switch

9. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    The only thing I know of is that if you go into system preferences > keyboard , there are options for keyboard delay/repeat but if this issue only happens with Legends this may not be the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. henriquenxl

henriquenxl Red Snail

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    9:05 PM
    Beginner
    I just donwloaded the game on my mac and faced this problem.

Already did the terminal command to enable key repetition, still "command" and "control" keys don't spam. Although the terminal command allowed some keys to repeat ("a" for example) and i'm able to assign this key as my jump or attack key, the collecting loot command (z) only collects loot when i hit the key, no matter what key is assigned to.

I was really looking forward to play the server, but this all makes more difficult to play... Did anyone came up with a solution? :(

[EDIT] I realized collecting loot works better in other keys and my jump and attacks/skills are working fine on some keys even with the repetition command from the terminal disabled :D

Conclusion: Some keys keep the rhythm and others don't. I had to try some but in the end I'm playing very well :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019