1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Standardizing Owl of Minerva Interface to Regulate Economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ahartmann, Apr 7, 2017.

1. ahartmann

ahartmann Blue Snail

Mar 3, 2017
    Male
    7:21 PM
    Beginner
    Honor
    I know that you can buy packs of Owls to search for specific items across the FM. If people could use this item as many times as they want they wouldn't have to scour the FM for specific equips, etc. While some of the charm of the FM was having to go store to store, you would still need to if you were shopping around for new items without a particular one in mind. However, being able to search (and use this great interface) will eliminate some of the real estate competition in the FM as well as provide more accurate prices for all items. Essentially it would function the same as the Auction House in World of Warcraft where people can see average prices and price their items accordingly. This will keep pricing a bit more constant and overall increase the quality of gameplay for many players. Let me know what you guys think.

• Like Like x 1
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    5:21 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It's not like it's free though.
    It costs NX.

And what if I wanna search for a specific item instead of "shopping", and look at the cheapest price? do I really have to spend time searching for that?

We should keep it as it is.
    Atleast we should be thankful that it's not abuseable (you can't use 1 owl and write down all the locations of the stores)

3. OP
    OP
    ahartmann

ahartmann Blue Snail

Mar 3, 2017
    Male
    7:21 PM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Thanks for your reply, but I think you're missing my point. I'm saying there should be an owl NPC or something in the FM to replace having the buy the item, allowing you to search for specific items, without spending NX, as many times as you want. I want to use the functionality of the item and make it a permanent addition to the FM.

4. John

John Dark Stone Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    12:21 AM
    Bocc / ImMrLuckless
    Dark Knight
    Hogwarts
    I reckon by having an NPC for owl's would have both good and bad results.

• It would definitely make positioning of fm stores in fm rooms somewhat obsolete.
    • And there would be less people looking through the shops one by one and making some items become much harder to sell. (there's a shopping list theory when people go to the store for example: Milk is a shopping list item where you would go to the store to buy some Milk however RedBull is a non-shopping list item where you would go to the store with the aim of buying Milk and see the RedBull along the way and decide to buy it on the spot. This very much applies to Maple as well since we have both shopping list and non-shopping list items in the market)
    On the other hand
    • It would make things very convenient (maybe too convenient for now) when you could buy an owl and look up the item you want without losing any NX cash and
    • It would make the positioning of fm stores somewhat obsolete, even a store in a different random channel would be able to sell their items
    All in all i think the way it is now is perfect where the price you have to pay to buy an owl is not too convenient for players but not too expensive either. And I don't think with the population of the server, it's not too difficult to surf through fm.. Only around 12-13 rooms are filled at max. Maybe in the future it would look more necessary when more rooms are filled easily.

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    6:21 PM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    Keep it the way it is! If you add an npc it would make owls totally useless. The convenience of searching for an item is a privelege and should come at a cost. It shouldn't be free imo.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:21 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    They should just make owls a lot cheaper. That way searching for a specific item is much more accessible to everyone, but it's still not free so you may just browse through shops normally.

• Like Like x 1