1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Agent's titanium receiver

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Else, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    12:35 PM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hey there,

i've been trying to get all the agent's perm items these few days and i find getting the earpiece is a bit unfair.

first of all, the drop of those is really rare from normal mobs in pq, and only 2 dropped from boss (which makes a lot of fighting and rage about who takes them (in lpq for example, when 6 people jump on that)).

secondly, after lvl 100 u only have out the hene pq to require those, and i've heard of people doing 10+ runs without seeing even one of these.

thirdly, getting a 100 of those with those rates is almost impossible.

my suggestion: either reduce the amount to get the titanium receiver's, or increase the ways/odds of getting it.

(i am going to get it anyway, just dont wanna put up my efforts just to get it reduced later on, so some clarification about this would be great~)

• Agree Agree x 12
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    7:35 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I do agree with you my friend! It is supposed to be a fun event, but, with these rates, is getting really annoying and unfair/notFunAtAll to get those 100 scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    3:35 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I totally agree with you. Compare this agent equip with the other ones, this one is the most unpredictable. You could simply invest some time and be patient to get all other agent equips, but this one is not the case. For those who have slower internet or slower reaction, it's very hard for them to get any.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:35 AM
    Beginner
    I don't know man. At the speed I was getting them in ppq it would take me only 4 hours.

EDIT: Just finished this quest yesterday, took no more than 4 hours.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    Some statistics i gathered myself and from friends:

Moon bunny - 2-4 doc per pq - 10 min (time for 100 - 6.25 hours (avg))

Kpq - 2.1 doc per pq , 8 min (been doing a lot myself, really low drop outside guranteed 2 from boss (time for 100 - 6.3 hours)

Ludi pq - 2.2 drops per pq, 25 min (18.9 hours)

Orbis pq - havent been doing those yet ,(would be glad for some info) i think its about lpq time

Pirate pq - been talking to some people doing those, a lot of mobs, i think boss drops 2 as well. Avg - 4 hours.

And my biggest issue is the fight over the doc, all the times listed here are times if ONLY YOU are taking the docs.

Multiply it by 3 for hpq,kpq, and by 5-6 for the rest and it becomes an absurd amount of time.

That's why i think that if its possible to implement the system that let people only pick up certain items and drop 2 for each player at boss it could fix it

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    it would be awesome some pronunciation about this..

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So basically suggestion here is to up the drop rate?

• Like Like x 1
  8. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    yup, i think it is the easiest approach. either this or reduce the amount of scrolls required to get the perma earrings

9. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, it depends on pq as well. For pirate pq which has a lot of mobs the drop rate is oke I think. But the other pqs have less monsters and for those it is a pain to get to 100 docs. Also on a sidenote, the monsters spawned by Lord Pirate in the bossrunpq event sometimes drop these docs as well (think this is a bug)

10. OP
    OP
    Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    The suggestion is doing something.

1) increase the drop rate

2)make it less docs overall

3) same thing as maple tree, each drop will be x1 for each player (so there wont be fights for each doc, this way it increases player doc gain by a lot and encourages people partying with each other and not x2 mule at moon bunny)

Idk if (3) is possible, but anything would do.

*we dont want it to be easy, we want it to be reasonable. <3

11. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Ideally every pq should be looked at adjusted accordingly because they all have different lengths, mob spawn rates, and number of party members. At this time, some are definitely easier than others. But I assumed that's going to be quite a lot of work...so yeah, one or more of these 3 could do.

12. OP
    OP
    Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Honor
    *Bump* any gm wanna relate to this? Some players are waiting for answer to know if to grind out those long hours or wait for something to change.. There isnt even one person diagreeing with this thread and most of the server take it as quite tedious

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:35 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's either Yea or Nay. And preferably soon. If you are considering making it easier, it would be pointless if the event is over by time you decide to make a change.

14. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    7:35 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I kinda feel that changing the drop to being a shared one would be the best in my opinion as it eliminates the need for everyone to fight for a piece of the pie.
    Although i can't recall if shared drops were implemented before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    9:35 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    I think the drop rate should be increased AND each party member gets their individual document from the boss of the pq.
    By lowering the amount of documents required, you're still going to have everyone rage and fight over the documents. Doing lpq rn (over 35 times) I have gotten only 3 documents (all from stage 4 dark rooms) purely because of people fighting over them.

By doing this it guarantees people get at the very least 1 scroll per pq and 100 documents before sept. 3rd seems a bit more doable.

Also I think there may need to be a little bit more clarification on how the event works as well. There are so many individual events I feel half the players don't even know what to do. If someone could make a guide it would be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I have never seen shared drops in Maplestory, but one way to go about it is to have each person receiving the document when they exit the boss room to the bonus stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:35 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Could be at the end of a PQ you are awarded one of the etcs you need for the quest? Just tack it in right after they grant you the normal reward or whatever. That is one way to guarantee each person getting a document without a lot of fancy coding.

18. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    7:35 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    MapleStory does have a similar mechanic for shared drops actually, its the instance drop mechanic where the item will drop for every player in the map and is only visible and pick-able to the player seeing it.
    E.g. Resurrection Flames

19. zerorequiem

zerorequiem Blue Snail

May 10, 2015
    Male
    6:35 AM
    Hamburglar
    Brawler
    Can we get an update on this? Right now to me it seems like the staff is promoting greed while pqing in order to actually finish the quests. After doing hpq since lvl 10 and then lpq about 40 times, I'm only at 48 total documents because I didn't want to be greedy and take the docs from the boss every single time. The amount of docs you can get from pqs definitely needs to be increased, whether from increased droprate or sharing the ones that drop from bosses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    After doing some PPQ myself, I have to say that the amount of documents you can get from it is way more than any other PQs, which means that people in lvl55 ~ lvl100 have a huge advantage over others (don't know about pq beyond lvl100 though). That's probably one of the concerns. They can't simply increase the drop rate because that will make documents too easy to obtain in PPQ.

• Agree Agree x 1