1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for changing the shop of Jane the Alchemist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Redwop, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    10:28 AM
    Jane is an NPC who can be found in Lith Harbor.

[​IMG]

At level 40, players can visit Jane to complete her quest — 'Jane the Alchemist'. Once you complete her quest, she allows you to interact with her as a potion seller.

She currently sells the following USE items:

[​IMG]

I've never come across players who say they bought potions from her because what she sells can be bought anywhere else.

I read here in a post on Instiz (a Korean forum) that Jane had sold different items.
    (W Ramen was also mentioned, but it was said to be sold as an item in the Internet Cafe.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] White Potion - 310 mesos
    [​IMG] Honey - 1500 mesos
    [​IMG] Elixir - 2500 mesos
    [​IMG] Power Elixir - 5500 mesos

Except for White Potion, the rest are all %-based potions.

Changing the items in her shop to the ones I've listed would make sense considering her quest is named "Jane the Alchemist", but I don't know the impact it would have for players in this server.

. . .

Last year, prices for various potions were changed and the feedback from the discussion was also considered.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 6
    • Great Work x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:28 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I love the idea of see do Quest to unlock buy things, craft things, make potions, etc, agree

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Isomeride

Isomeride King Slime

Jun 29, 2023
    1:28 AM
    Bumping this as it would encourage doing quests in this server

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    5:28 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I made a similar thread because I missed this one. I think it's a great idea but I don't like the prices for power elixirs, I think it's too low. What if she sold NLC pots? The convenience of not having to go to NLC would make the quest worthwhile!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Isomeride

Isomeride King Slime

Jun 29, 2023
    1:28 AM
    I think there is a way to put a ceiling on those Elixirs without having a huge market impact, like how people can buy Summoning stone from Alcaster at 7.5k mesos after completing a series of quests. FM price is way below that, c.f., Bathrobe premium. Maybe people grinding are more budget conscious than people scrolling. So I think it would be nice addition for those who have frequent Elixir demands.

It may have an impact on the miscs to complete the questline though. Full disclosure - I have no hoarding of those as a casual player playing a sole character.

6. Alvin

Alvin Slime

Jan 20, 2016
    Male
    2:28 AM
    VAPORWAVE, snakewave
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Viclock players buy potions from jane :cool:
    from my point of view, this seems overpowered... at this point who even needs NLC potions? besides, i like the rewarding part of collecting all these elixirs only obtainable from grinding

7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:28 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet

I think the only way to stop it being abused/muled to hell is to have a high level requirement and/or limited sales per reset. Would help bossing capable players stock up (stock up couple days preparing for HT/PB etc but not enough to hurt/flood the market of elixirs/pelixirs

8. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    3:28 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    Why a playboy bunny exist in this game

9. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016