1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] More exp from quests?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StarLoveS4, Sep 13, 2017.

1. StarLoveS4

StarLoveS4 Snail

Sep 12, 2017
    9:36 PM
    StarLove
    Assassin
    I'm not sure if somebody has already suggested this before me, but it could be really nice if we could get a bit more exp out of quests, instead of 3x we could get 4x or 5x.
    I guess it wouldn't be gamebreaking, after all, most quests take really long to complete.
    Well, it's just a suggestion, anyway, thanks for listening.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Goron

Goron Red Snail

Aug 15, 2017
    Male
    2:36 AM
    Goron
    Fighter, Page
    Disney
    Lmao what? I'm a quest hoe and 4x or 5x would be gamebreaking. You're just not used to leveling according to old nostalgic times.

It'd be gamebreaking. Fine as it is atm because the grinding for the quests also gives exp.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gappi

Gappi Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Smashardt
    Dragon Knight
    Raisenhell
    Hmm the problem is propably that questing exp decreases in relevance the further you level. FoxF6

1st job
    Questing gives huge chunks of exp.
    Admittedly, everything gives huge chunks of exp at this level but you can easily breeze through to 2nd job just by exploring the world.

2nd job
    You can still advance your character pretty well by questing and exploration still feels very rewarding.
    Most of the partyquest action also happens during 2nd job.

3rd job
    Here it really starts to slow down...
    during those levels onwards the reward for completing a quest will be barely noticeable on your exp bar.
    Luckily there are some quests that are still worth doing, but most of them don't pay off.

4th job
    Unfortunately I don't have any experience there myself, but maybe someone else can confirm my suspicions that you could just as easily remove quest rewards at this level and it would make absolutely no difference.

The 3x exp works great on lower levels and no buff is needed there.
    But the further you go the more the gameplay changes from "quest-oriented" to "standard grinding slog" and some additional incentive for questing would be very welcome there.
    Don't get me wrong, I still love doing quests from time to time and explore new places.
    It's just that there is always that nagging feeling that all I get for completing some comlicated, hour-long quest could have been just as easily accomplished by 10 minutes of grinding.

I actually hope that somebody can prove me wrong.MapleF3

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    8:36 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    i too fear the day when i will be forced to join this evil machinery we call 'grinding'.
    inb4 someone tells me that its my fault for being lazy Onionthehehe

5. Goron

Goron Red Snail

Aug 15, 2017
    Male
    Goron
    Fighter, Page
    Disney
    To be honest I think that's part of the game. On higher levels you'll have to make yourself 'relevant' by doing bosses. Bosses and grinding will be the main source of exp.

I think if you're willing to do all quests up untill level 100, you've already done a shitload of useless quests. Maplestory has never been good with quests for higher levels and never will be. 4/5x exp won't solve this problem tbh. You'd have to invent complete new quests and that'd take way too much time.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The problem is more that some quests (ex: defeat 1000 drummers) give a complete worthless and crap EXP, while some quests actually give good exp (with the 3x).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goron

Goron Red Snail

Aug 15, 2017
    Male
    Goron
    Fighter, Page
    Disney
    Some quests are just for lulz shits 'n giggles though, like said quest above. It's for the diehards. UNITED WE STAY STRONG

8. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    There are not too many quest at that lvl anyways, and the only relevant ones, are either for skills or for the ToT questline, which give a pretty good amount of exp (in my case at least, no idea for other jobs on the skill ones).
    Is tedious, but rewarding with the actual rate, but even that, there are not too many as i said.

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I've gone all the way from lvl 1 to 80 from questing. It only gets slow in 3rd job in my experience.

What would I do about it:
    Let lvl 69 and below quests stay 3x exp.
    Buff lvl 70+ quests to 5x exp.

10. Gappi

Gappi Slime

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Smashardt
    Dragon Knight
    Raisenhell
    This seems like a good suggestion, maybe pushing the viability of questing to 9x or even 10x.
    v62 propably wasn't designed with people in mind who are dedicated enough to push their chars to mad levels. so it's fine if a level 19x doesn't gain all that much quest exp anymore. OnionMuha

I must admit that it isn't such a bad thing that the focus of the game is shifting several times during a character's career.
    questing/dicking around -> party questing -> grinding -> bossing -> optimizing
    However it would be a nice thing to have multiple viable options for advancement at each level.