1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: NX Rewards for enormous effort.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Stas., Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    5:22 AM
    I believe in having more ways of earning cash early in the game. Hence I supported the idea of an achievement system.

An achievement system by definition means you reward players for an achievement. Is reaching a certain level an achievement? Sure. But it's also part of the gameplay, and getting new skills/jobs/hunting grounds is all part of that process already. Sure, you can add a little bonus to it, but it's already rewarding itself. Same goes for killing a boss, this should be rewarding enough already, why else would you go kill it?

For me, a nice example of an achievement would be killing all the area bosses of a certain region. Ofcourse, there are a lot of questlines involving this, but for as far as I know there's no global reward for doing this. Ofcourse this requires some time to get around with it, but busy person A can do it in a few days, and hardcore gamer B just does it in one go. But in the end result is the same, both A and B gained the reward (note, not saying Cash per se) in an equal amount of time.

An other reason why I dislike this suggestion, where you gain more Cash in a later stage of the game, is because by then Cash has become a luxuary. You do not need that buy that pet anymore, you do not need to buy a decent hair/face style anymore... All your options to use your cash (especially Vote Cash) have become luxuary, where early in game you crave for that little extra Cash, later on you'll just have an abundance. Lets face it, HP washing is luxuary and shouldn't come cheap at all.

In short, for me this suggestion will just create an even bigger gab between veteran players that have been enjoying more favorable vote rewards over new players. It will do so by discrimination others based on their free time. Gaining levels is already rewarding enough, as @Bulba@Bulba mentioned.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:22 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I think this is a good idea and its not "Rich get richer" because you don't need to be rich to get levels, you just need the grind factor.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    11:22 PM
    Snail
    Ew. Not by levels, please. I don't like it....The vet players already hold a majority of the meso in circulation, making the gap that much bigger.

• Like Like x 4
  4. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    Maplestory is not the way how chemistry works.

5. Nice

Nice Slime

Apr 19, 2015
    Life
    Assassin
    It doesn't have to be by level right?
    I thought the idea about killing all area bosses was a nice one.
    It's fun to do and it's nice to see some rewards as well.
    Maybe make it so that u have to kill bosses in a party? This allows players to get in touch with eachother as well with things other than pq

6. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    I agree with this opinion but there are MUCH nicer ways to say this. This is pretty inappropriate and unprofessional coming from a staff member.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I still fail to see how 5k nx a day is not enough. The entire cash shop is a luxury.

• Like Like x 8
  8. Nice

Nice Slime

Apr 19, 2015
    Life
    Assassin
    How is cash shop a luxury? I wouldn't stand all day in FM to sell my stuff. If something like the merchant wouldn't be avaiable I'm pretty sure the playerbase would drop dramatically. It has just become a part of the game

9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:22 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Hmm after reading this again when I'm not completely tired as fuck, I've decided that my opinion on this is that it would be nice to get some extra ways of obtaining NX.
    This is only due to me HP Washing, Which I understand is my own choice and my own waste of NX, but as a thief its kind of required if you plan to go late-game. Although you are
    adding some NX items to donor shop, I'd prefer not to pay for every NX item that I'd like to have, same goes for the hair/eyes.
    So to conclude...
    I do agree with you to a point @Stas but on another level I can see where they are coming from with the "its a luxury".

Just my final input, agree or not... all good. :)

10. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    5k nx a day is MORE than enough, imo.

I could understand if clearing area bosses gave like say a one time nx award or something, and can only be done once or whatever, but having it as a continuous reward would blow up the economy. If it's a one time reward, everyone has an equal share to get it, it's not repeatable so no overloads, and probably shouldn't be enough to really matter (I mean like 1k, or preferably just a pre-determined nx item like a traveling merchant, notes, item tags, or safety charms.

You don't NEED nx to get meso. It's just more convenient and people who don't farm and don't sell their items want the nx to balance it out. I'll be blunt, so hate me if you wish: it's a crutch.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    5:22 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    From what I've seen from the admins on this server i suspect this idea/suggestion will be denied. This is a perfect example of rich get richer. That's the bottom line.

12. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

13. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    5:22 PM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    Haha. Pretty much. Except not because i said so. I'm just playing captain obvious here and pointing out... well, the obvious.

14. OP
    OP
    Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    6:22 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I already had my answer in mind, but I was looking for opinions. I absolutely am against this idea mainly because I believe in "everyone has the same powers, same rights, same priority". The more rich people already get more mesos due to way how higher lvl'd equips give more mesos, as well as having more powers because they can sell leech, kill more mobs, merch, etc.

Don't get me wrong though; the loyal people keep the server going. However, if new people hear that old users got a much more powerful boost than they do, it demotivate the new users to even decide to play. The correct thing also is that early game is much, much more difficult than the later game, once again because mesos is easier to get later on, and you have more source of income (ex: merchants).

This idea is rejected for now.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.