1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The crafting system needs an overhaul

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Slavahere, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Slavahere

Slavahere Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    Male
    11:13 PM
    ConfusionTX
    Ohana
    as the topic suggests, in my humble opinion I think the crafting system currently is underwhelming and there's no incentive into investing in crafting other then crafting end game daggers and DEX dragon sleeves in Leafre.

when I started playing MapleLegends a year ago I tried making a level 25 claw, and I remember running and collecting all the required materials in order to create it, once I did (took me forever to collect it and paying hundred of thousands meso) I felt I achieved nothing since I could find the exact same claw in other vendors such as Korean folk or NLC, needless to say I haven't touched the the crafting system again and accumulated hundreds of gems and crystals along my journey and i feel as they are nothing more then a couple of side meso that I can sell at the vendor.

I believe if we had the same crafting system (or close enough) as the original Maplestory that included mining, and collecting leather in order to create some unique armor and weapons or even scrolls that would give more value to crafting materials in the Free Market and would give the motivation people need to invest into crafting.

I would love to hear the opinion of the community and staff about this suggestion,
    Regardless if it will pass or not, I appreciate your consideration and time to comment and reading the above suggestion

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    5:13 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    I believe you're referring to the profession skills that were added during the Chaos update since you mentioned mining although i am unsure on whether its compatible or possible to implement as its quite far ahead from a v62 server MapleF6

3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:13 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea profession skills is probably too far off but maker skill would be nice for several reasons. That's probably been suggested before though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    1:13 PM
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I mean it makes sense that the lower level items aren't worth crafting as you can obtain them either through npcs or mob drops. The only things worth crafting are lvl 110+ (dragon, NT, and Reverse/Timeless) as these aren't obtainable unless you kill the bosses. Yeah most ores are pretty worthless and should just be npced.

I seriously doubt that adding the mechanics of mining for professions is possible in this version of Maple. Instead I would like to see something like an npc where you can trade your unwanted ores for ores you do want (might be a broken system tbh) or better yet have it be similar to the exchange quests like in Crimson Wood and Showa Town where you raffle etcs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:13 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Maybe making crafting for low level weaps give an slight bonus?

6. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    1:13 PM
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    They technically do. Any weapon that's not bought from an npc has a watt/matt range varying +/- 5 from the average. Using a stimulator when crafting will give you this range while crafting without it just gives you the average stats. But again it would be easier to just get the equips from drops. Unless you're thinking of another kind of bonus? Even still, I don't feel it would be worth the time investment and in OP's case, the cost of hundreds of thousands of meso.