1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:02 AM
    Moderator Post
    The time has come, the feature that not many are happy about, including partly myself

It's time to talk about Gachapon as a community, or rather create an official poll with things. What is your current state of Gachapon and its unique items/scrolls/etc

I am giving here a bunch of poll options and you vote what you want to happen. I give an "Other" option so you can provide what you want to happen instead.

Most likely my poll options are not specific enough, so if that's the case, describe how YOU would like it to work in Legends.

Poll options:

A: Make all unique items/scrolls available by means of PQ or Farming so the way to get these said unique items is based on time involved on gameplay rather a very limited vote2win based slot machine*
    A2: Apply A with keeping the Gachapon system the same
    A3: Apply A with keeping the Gachapon system but tickets only obtainable by mob drops or bosses, or other special ways such as (GM hosted) events so vote2win is no longer involved* *_*
    A3B: Not applying A but make Gachapon Tickets only obtainable by mob drops, bosses, or other special ways, such as (GM hosted) events *_* *~*
    A4
    : Apply A with removing the Gachapon system completely *~*

B: Leave everything alone and instead try balance/tweak Gachapon even more then how it is now (chance rates, where stuff appear, etc)

C: Leave everything how it is now

Other: Describe as user as deep as possible how you would like it to be. Do note that you do this for EVERYONE and not only yourself. Don't be selfish and think about all jobs and all ways.

* I am aware of a lot of things. This may be unfair for new users since they can't "vote2win" and mobbing skills. There's ways to balance this out so rates are balanced for all jobs, or some maps with lots of mobs and some with fewer and strong mobs, etc.

*_*: When tickets only drop from mobs the chance of junk will most likely be reduced (a lot). Once again ways will be figured out to balance this with the AoE based ultimates, so its balanced for all jobs. Removing Gachapon tickets from the Cash Shop will remove the vote2win concept of Legends, and instead reward users by actually playing the game.

*~*: What I am personally afraid for this one is that the amount of items will be even more lacking then it currently is, unless we make the item availability high by gameplay.

B: If you vote for B, what would you like changed from Gachapon? Example, increasing the chances, distribute unique scrolls/items in more Gachapons, etc.

I most likely forgot things. If you have things to add, let me know.

WARNING: This is a very heavy topic right now in MapleLegends. Your opinion may be different than the other. You are free to discuss everything and you are also free to reply to other. HOWEVER, do this in a respective way and do not insult each other's opinion. Let's show everyone that we can have mature discussions about gameplay changes.

I am aware this topic is a mess, and I am sorry. A staff member or a user that actually has skills to write proper topics is free to edit this.

I also may have forgot things.

NEW EDIT:
    If you want unique items to drop (A2) AND Gachapon tweak changes, vote for A2 (or the other) and reply in this thread what you would like changed from Gachapon.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Keep gachapon the way it is but have everything available through mobs/PQs at low rates.
    Maybe even for repeating JQs?

If you remove buying gachapon tickets completely people will have little use for their NX. Possibly meaning less votes.

FYI I never gach but I also know there's people that don't hp wash.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:02 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I'm not saying I disagree with leaving gach and vote as it is and adding drops through PQs/mobs but "little use for their nx" when you can buy cosmetic look changes, safety charms, weather buffs and most important of all, HP washing? I've been playing for over 8 months and I've never had extra nx, note that I haven't gached more than 30 times or so.
    Leaving the option to gach through nx should only be considered in terms of helping new players, there are quite a lot of thing that you can use your nx for ;)

4. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    9:02 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    I vote A2, my opinion on this is fairly well known, but I do think that gach could even be nerfed a bit more than that it is now with the implementation of A2.

edit: did you forget to add A? KimberlyKimberly

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yamato

Yamato Mushmom

Aug 16, 2015
    Male
    Puerto Rico
    5:02 AM
    Firion
    Dark Knight
    Vigilante
    A4- COME AT ME MapleF5 JK.... A3

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    A and A2 are identical. A is just to describe the action.

7. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    3:02 AM
    Paladin
    what if A2 and B combined? PogChamp

• Like Like x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Do what B says while voting for A2

9. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    The people who are currently voting to remove gachapon entirely or making them only achievable thorugh bosses, events are the ones who abused gachapon by voting on multiple accounts and use it as an advantage. Removing it will only make the newcomers quit and let the old well funded players be able to play this game. It doesn't make any sense at all doing that, that'll actually help the high level funded people since all the NX would only be useful for AP Resets for their HP washing needs and the people who don't wanna HP wash, vote for NX so it can rot in the Cash Shop and don't take any advantage of not HP washing like the others.

I know people are gonna rant about my comments, however It's the truth. The people who just started playing need gachapon tickets to make their game just as good and fun as yours, disabling gachapon or making tickets only achievable from bosses or events would only make the funded people even more stronger and the newcomers weaker, this shouldn't even be a option, in my opinion it seems like a very selfish option.

*I'm not even lucky at gachapon, I used about 200k nx at kerning and barely got 40m out of it, so I'm not saying this for myself.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    i voting for A2 <3

11. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    This is what makes the addition of gach only items as mob drops the best option in my opinion, but even if gach was removed completely and replaced by mob drops only as a solution it would still be better than the current system (gach only)

12. DrDrexel

DrDrexel Stone Golem

Aug 20, 2015
    Male
    America
    2:02 AM
    DrDrexel
    Buccaneer
    Project
    Isn't A2 and C the same? lol....

13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No. A2 adds all unique items in a different way obtainable then Gachapon, C is leaving it how its exactly now, Gachapon only.

14. Betwixt

Betwixt Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Feb 16, 2015
    Betwixt
    Night Lord
    Salty/Demure
    B. I'd personally like to see the 'junk' items either removed, or increased in quantity. I don't know about anyone else, but, getting a single-digit worth of power elixirs/warrior elixirs/elixirs in general is a bit of a slap to the face at least if you gain 10-30 or something like that, you get a small bit of use out of them, and when they start stacking it doesn't feel as bad as, I don't know, two. :V Other than that, I don't have a large issue with how it is right now, but that's because I don't support gambling. (Totally not because my luck is absolute shit, nope.)

• Like Like x 2
  15. DrDrexel

DrDrexel Stone Golem

Aug 20, 2015
    Male
    America
    DrDrexel
    Buccaneer
    Project
    I personally don't have a problem with gachapon, its all luck and RNG. you can't always get what you want. Its fair the way it is now, everyone has the same chance whether you are lvl 45 or 175.

16. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    How do you justify this? I can farm 30% spear att scrolls at Wolf Spiders but people who need gun 30% scrolls can only obtain them from gach?
    Just curious not bashing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Only one person that voted B has described so far what he/she would like changed. If B is voted and nothing get posted I most likely don't take the vote in account, unless you leave the tweaking to us.

18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:02 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    A2 please, but please have the drop rates be appropriate (for example, make Gun30s at its specific mob drop at similar rate to Claw 30s and Dagger30s at Nightghosts).

19. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I knida want A+B combined.
    Make tickets earnable by grinding and hereby slightly increasing the scroll rate, yet still have the possibility for new players to vote-to-win to get a good start on the server.

Edit B-> Cause I feel like some items are distributed to few and some to many

Pgc pacs etc

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shaved

Shaved Mixed Golem

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Ceylon/Shaved
    Night Lord
    Fairy Tail
    A2 + ur B would be great !

• Like Like x 2