1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Super Chair: Something for the campers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by codiacs, Sep 1, 2020.

Tags:

Should we give players a chair for collecting all the area boss chairs?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. codiacs

codiacs Horny Mushroom

May 5, 2020
    3:38 AM
    Codiacs
    Shadower
    Nani
    Hi guys, first time posting here MapleF2

Ever since I started playing on this server, I fell in love with how certain area bosses had a chance to drop you an untradeable chair unique to that boss. MapleF11

Now, as I was nearing the end of my area boss chair bucket list, I had an idle thought.

What if you got a chair after collecting all of those other area chairs? Some kind of king of chairs that you're only eligible to receive after spending hours on end slaying area bosses en masse for all those other chairs?

I think it'd be a nice way to reward players for dedicating all that time to waiting on area bosses for a chair.

Plus, some people would do that anyway even without the reward. MapleF2

It would make collecting every area boss chair kinda like a side quest of some sort, kinda like the monster book ring. Which I think would be awesome.

Suggestions for the completionist chair:
    -A tall stack of chairs
    -A variation of the Sky-blue Wooden Chair from lith harbour
    -A variation of the Relaxer from Maple Island
    -A throne
    -A tent? (different from the green tradeable event one)

Area Boss chairs I believe should be eligible for the chair quest:
    -Deo (Both or one of the chairs)
    -Seruf MapleF2
    -Timer
    -Eliza
    -Mushmom
    -Jr./Crimson Balrog (Not sure if crimson balrog counts as an area boss, but from my understanding, Jr Balrog does)
    -Manon
    -Leviathan (Both or one of the chairs)
    -Spirit of Rock MapleF3

In my opinion, I think that raid/expedition style bosses (e.g: Papulatus, Zakum, Horntail, Neo Tokyo) and cwk's seal chair shouldn't be included in the requirements for the chair quest, because they're not area bosses.

For most people, progressing in the game (especially closer to late game) will give them opportunities to get those raid boss chairs. On the other hand, most people really have to go out of their way to clear area bosses, especially if it's not a particularly profitable boss in terms of other drops.

I feel like bossing as most people know it, and hunting for area bosses are a completely different experience, which is why I believe those two categories should be kept seperate.

Plus, arch mages would pretty much either be left out entirely, or have a hell of a time trying to collect raid boss chairs, unless you've got some really patient friends. MapleF2

(Also I think it'd be amazing if we named the npc you get the completionist chair from Chairsley. We could put him/her in Henesys to honor the traditional Hennyhoe, or in the FM)

Anywho, looking forward to everyone's feedback on this. I'd love to see the master chair exist someday.

-Codiacs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    3:38 PM
    21blvck
    Interesting idea