1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

(Un)offical work and school thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xAznAce, May 29, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    11:35 AM
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    dream big boy!

2. Scotty.

Scotty. Horny Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    2:35 AM
    iamscottyc
    Hermit
    I work as a lead sales associate at a grocery store, while helping run a local arcade on the weekends, and DJ'ing on the side. #boringlife

3. OP
    OP
    xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    That really sounds the opposite of boring tbh

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scotty.

Scotty. Horny Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    iamscottyc
    Hermit
    Let me put it this way... customer service sucks when dealing with stupid people. But I guess free arcade games and being a rock star make it better.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Krobi

Krobi Red Snail

Jun 5, 2017
    5:35 AM
    Beginner
    Well I'm a construction worker who specializes in steel and iron (the hardest part, but easiest for me :p). I'm currently 24 years of age, and as of today I now know that I'm going to be a pop(officially), wife just went in for our first ultrasound today and I got to see it for the first time:DDD! I know that might not be relevant but it's just so exciting :D

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    [​IMG]
    Ran out of power last week so we just went to chill on the studio's rooftop for a break. This city's pretty nice sometimes. c:

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    This looks great! What country is it?

8. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Cool idea bro! I am an electrical helper getting my license in less then a year. Also starting school back up in the fall, full time for business management or marketing. Sky's the limit baby. Unless maple ruins this all lmfaoo

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Montreal in Canada.
    I'm pretty much in the middle of the island, not too close from downtown. There's a small mountain (right in front of me in the photo) that's pretty nice to chill at!

• Like Like x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    Adopt me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zildijian

Zildijian Red Snail

Nov 1, 2016
    Beginner
    N/A
    26 from the Army

Nice to meet all you guys

12. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:35 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I just quit my job as a barista dude few days ago.
    Gonna take a "world tour" around europe at the end of the month and when I come back ill probably work again at the same place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Awesome dude! Good move to do things like that before u have a wife and kids :) how u planning to get transported? Drive or hiking?

14. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Unfortunately by driving with a rented car which we have to pay in every single country, since the trip isn't that long.
    It's for like 4 weeks..
    But im sure that will inspire me to hike in the future with a partner for quite some time with no rush at all :)

I also read your commment, do you have anything special planned for your family?

15. Geepek

Geepek Blue Snail

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    4:35 AM
    Physics Bachellor starting next month my masters in Fusion plasma physics and low temperature plasma.
    No job for the moment so living la vida loca right now... which means playing legends lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure

Well it sure sounds awesome to have 4 weeks on the road just doing, and experiencing whatever you want to!

I actually had a little fun experience when it comes to hikers. My EX had to move far to the north in norway to study for a year, and i drove her up there with all her stuff. Its a 13-14 hour drive each way, and when i was about to start on the road home again i told her that i wished that there would be someone hiking so that i would get company. I didnt really expect that to happen since its not very common with hikers in Norway. What was funny is that 5 minuters after i started driving there were two guys with this paper sign saying they were looking for a ride. It was a French couple that had been hiking through whole Europe, we shared stories, laughed and had a real good time for about 450km while driving in the night! It was so awesome!

Personally we wont be doing much next years, kid is young, GF is still studying for one more year so the economy will be pretty tight. But I have really wanted to go to Japan sometime, and i also got my GF interested in it. So we have planned to start saving up for a 3 week trip to Japan and experience everything there is to see there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    3 weeks is a tad excessive for Japan. I actually went to Japan earlier in the summer for that length and towards the end everything started feeling a bit repetitive to me. But I did also travel alone so it was efficient to go through the bucket list.

18. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I see :) Well, I was thinking 2 weeks might feel a bit to rushed. Would want to be able to relax as well as getting to see everything. If im first going to a country with a culture that is so upside down to where im from, I would like to check it all out :D Robot Resturants, Shibuya Crossing, Maid cafees, Manga tower, One piece world, Seeing a temple, public bath + + + + But i have ofc never been there, so u might be right :D

19. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Don't have to worry about temples haha, temple fatigue is a real thing.

If you have the time, definitely check out Miyajima. It was one of my favourite parts of the trip.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Thanks for the tip man! :D Definitely a place i would like to go! (I googled it..)