1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low visual bug for monster drops

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by somiena, Sep 1, 2019.

1. somiena

somiena Brown Teddy

Oct 15, 2015
    Canada
    10:16 AM
    Caelestia
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): kinda hard to capture a vid or ss of it but the occasional drop is showing on the screen as a bag of mesos but when you go to pick it up it's actually a monster drop. I only noticed because obviously you can loot mesos even if your inventory is full but I kept coming across bags that would send the "Can't get anymore items" message
    What is supposed to happen?: The image of the item should match the item that was dropped?
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Nest of a Dead Dragon
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Go to map, kill mobs, see if any of the meso bags are actually monster loot (probably easiest to see if you don't have space in your inventory for the monster's drops because then it won't let you pick it up until you make space)
    Extra information (optional): the only item I have specifically noticed that did this is the Broken Horn from Skelegon

2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Are you by any chance using an item filter or used an old item filter before?

I would try clean downloading again (uninstall and redownload the full files again)

If this persists even after downloading let us know.

3. OP
    OP
    somiena

somiena Brown Teddy

Oct 15, 2015
    Canada
    Caelestia
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I haven't used an item filter since I wanna say the anniversary event because someone said it was causing issues and Jason stopped updating it iirc. I'll try that when I'm home and see if I notice anything.

4. imsteven

imsteven Mushmom

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    Shines
    Night Lord
    I also have this problem. It exists everywhere and the problem seems to be that the picture of the drop that comes out of the monster is not actually what it always seems to be. In her case, it was the mesos this time but it has been other things for well as well. I have never used the item filter before either and I have fresh new files.

5. OP
    OP
    somiena

somiena Brown Teddy

Oct 15, 2015
    Canada
    Caelestia
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I actually was farming gold teeth at Dead Mine II on my other computer that has never had any of the filters and fresh files as well and had the same thing come up where it showed as mesos but wasn't. (Also not a her xD)

091219-01.png

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    Just posting here to let you all know that we are aware this is a confirmed issue, likely also connected to the case of 'I picked up a Monster Book card but it didn't work' issue. We do not know exactly why this happens yet, or which update started create this issue, so if anyone has a nice timeframe when they first saw this issue occur it's useful!

7. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    10:16 PM
    Promise
    I first encountered this bug after the latest event patch, if this is the timeframe you're asking for
    Similar to everyone else, I had a gacha drop and it showed full inventory when pet tried to loot but turned out to be a mushroom spore

8. OP
    OP
    somiena

somiena Brown Teddy

Oct 15, 2015
    Canada
    Caelestia
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    My first time noticing it was after the patch at the start of the current event as well^

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    So when event launched? Or one patch after?

10. OP
    OP
    somiena

somiena Brown Teddy

Oct 15, 2015
    Canada
    Caelestia
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Uhhh I believe I first noticed it really early on the morning on Sept 1st (sometime between 4am and 8:30am ST) - I was leeching my friend at skeles when I noticed it and I know I reported it pretty quickly after I found it. So for me it was after the patch AND after the maintenance on Aug 31.

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:16 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I don't know if this is related, so if it isn't - just ignore. I made an @GM report about a Monster Card not working about a month ago. I would like to add that in the last 4 months of Card Hunting on different characters, I have occasionally run into a weird happenstance of picking up mob drops and out of nowhere I see the "Monster Card Pick-Up" animation triggered. The card was most definitely NOT there! But I'm not going to complain about it...right? I just figured it might have been an anti-botting program or something. But yes, several times I have casually picked up mob drops and an invisible Monster Card happened to be in the mix. As far as the "wrong picture to drop" problem - that I have not encountered yet.