1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of Work do you do for that paper. $$

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Grandma, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Grandma

Grandma Red Snail

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Boston
    1:49 PM
    Grandma
    Warrior
    What's up guys.
    I'm just wondering a general question, what do you guys do for work?
    And the follow up questions-
    Do you like it? If not, what's your dream job?
    How'd you end up working in your field?
    Final Question-
    Are you happy?

So I'll tell you my work life.
    I started working when I was 14. I worked at a little breakfast joint outside of Cape Cod, MA.
    Around 16, I moved to Boston, MA.
    I worked several jobs there, I did plumbing for a private company, Worked an electrical job before. I did Landscaping outside of Boston when I was 17 and then after that I was a manager for the customer service department at a grocery store called Stop n Shop.
    That fucking sucked.
    But during all those jobs from 16 to 18 I want to say, I worked at several little restaurants on the side.
    I love cooking, and I always have ever since I was 12. It's what I love and want to die doing. I put an incredible amount of passion and caring into my dishes. It makes me happy just talking about cooking.
    So now at 19, nearly 20. I work at a 5 star fine dining restaurant in Boston, and work with a 3 star Michelin chef. I also met my boyfriend in the cooking industry.
    Am I happy though?
    Hell yes.

And also on the side note, sorry if I rambled on a lot. If you have any questions for me about my work or personal life or even cooking, feel free to ask.
    -Grammy Grams Gram

2. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I lived on Cape Cod til I was 20!

I currently live in PA doing Sales for a internet company. I am happy. Ive always worked in Sales since I was about 22 (I am 27 now) and luckily this job fell into my lap.

3. OP
    OP
    Grandma

Grandma Red Snail

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Boston
    Grandma
    Warrior
    Mashpee, MA here. 8)
    A nice, good for you man. Do what you love.

4. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I'm from Wellfleet, but lived in Hyannis for a few years til I moved out of state.

5. tubs

tubs Slime

Jun 6, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Tubs
    Warrior
    I'm just wondering a general question, what do you guys do for work?
    I'm 20 and a junior at my university. I'm studying electrical engineering. My first real job was at a car factory doing parts inspection. It was pretty tough waking up at 5am, coming back at 6pm, but i actually enjoyed it. I met some real cool down to earth people. During the semesters i work at the cafeteria making food, mostly phillycheese steaks made to order. It's actually super fun and it weird how quickly you become good at something. The perfect amount of steamed green peppers and onions, how to cook and chop up the steaks in a certain way. Cooking is hella fun.

Do you like it? If not, what's your dream job?
    I don't know what being an engineer is going to be like. Is it going to be an office job where I look at a computer all day? Will I get hired at some power plant and get to look at all the dangerous equipment? Will I get a job in texas working for the oil companies? I dunno. And it freaks me out sometimes. I really should get an internship....

Are you happy?
    I'm scared mostly. The whole job thing and the career thing. I also worry about my parents a lot. And my sister. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it's hard to connect with her sometimes. She's become a completely different person. eh. nice thread

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thozies

Thozies Red Snail

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    1:49 AM
    Thozies/Thoz
    Hunter
    I'm 20 this year, but I haven't started university yet. In Singapore, almost every male citizen will be conscripted (it's called National Service) and serve two years. For me, I was lucky enough to be enlisted into the police force rather than the military. I'm even more lucky as one of those who were posted to the police military band after completing our training.

I do love music, and it was initially fun. Initially is the word, because right now I just cannot wait to finish my NS and move on with life. I'm thankful that I had this chance to experience music as a 'career' full time, and it's definitely something I wouldn't want. A hobby it shall stay.

When I finally get out next February, it'll be a good five or six months before I commence university. I'll be reading law as an undergraduate degree (I think it's a post graduate degree in the US?). Kinda apprehensive though because the two law schools in Singapore tend to be filled with people from the few elite schools and I'm not one of them. Yes, I got through the interview and test but I'm worried if I can survive in such a pressure cooker environment. Time will tell I guess.

• Like Like x 2