1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

When did you start playing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireMushroom, Nov 30, 2016.

1. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    12:47 PM
    Whether it was years ago or recently? Also in the beginning, how did you hear about Maplestory?

I first played somewhere around 2007 and I found out about the game from an advertisement on the back of a magazine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:47 PM
    Moderator Post
    I started surprisingly in 2008. I was playing a game called GunBound and the owner of a server invited me to a MapleStory Private Server called LocalMS. This was the first, original LocalMS, which was the second Private Server (first being OdinMS). From there I learned the game a bit, but not really well. I had a longer break and I wanted play again. Again I played a Private Server since the official went big bang and even more confusing. I played ClassicMS where I learned more, and then NobleStory where I got to 181 before it got shut down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    5:47 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    The year was 2008...
    I was a young lad. I miss clicked on an advertisement as my hands were too small for the mouse and booooom. here I am boys.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Don't know the year but it was when EMS was really new, like 'no-3rdjob' new MapleF6
    Cousin introduced me to Maple (like to 90% of other games I ever played). We started at GMS cause EMS was still in beta or something like that.
    I was playing I/L mage at first but then I made cleric. It was weird playing 80+ cleric without HS MapleF12 Also 4th job came out when I was like 130+
    Made it to 156, made BM, 13x lvl, then Big Bang happend and I gave up on this shit.
    Even found an old ass shit screen from guild meeting in fm (FM hoe life was real) - I'm on top - AveSatan.
    If Neckson fixes their site I still should be in rankings - AveSatan/iAveSatan MapleF3
    [​IMG]

After years decided to find good old school pre big bang maple server, and my brother found Legends. So here I am OnionHi

Also wanted to mention that thanks to Legends I found my good friend from EMS times - Kicia - She was my 1st polish friend on EMS (except my cousin) but we lost contact after Big Bang happend. I'll never forget how I was leeching her at Mysterious Path 3 for few hours cause she went afk for a 'moment' MapleF3_Origin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    11:47 AM
    I started in 2006, I think in august or something. At first I didn't understand the game at all, however, soon afterwards I started to play it with rl friends and I began to get what the game was about. I couldn't play that much because of school though, so everytime I played there was new content. I could play more frecuently since 2009 but I got the feeling that I couldn't keep up with the updates. The last time I seriously play GMS was in 2012 when I finally made my way to 4th job (thanks to the new experience curve :p) I believe the game was still playable at that time, but that's another topic.

Talking about private servers, I have only played two: ClassicMS in 2013-2014 (I couldn't even get to 3rd job RIP) and MapleLegends since may 2015 :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    10:47 AM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    The year was 2004, we were but teenagers venturing into a new world called high school. New friendships were to be made, and new games were to be played!

We knew it was coming, we were excited! We had seen the videos. We fumbled around on a version of the game and clicked random buttons which looked like they did something in a language which we were all too familiar with, but couldn't really understand! I'm looking at you, anime. Our brief fling was but a taste of what would become a much deeper love.

Finally, at the height of springtime on May 11, 2005, it arrived. Who cares about school and studying for finals, there was much fun to be had! The game was up, the dice was being rolled! I was on a mission and my first character would be... the most intelligent warrior the game had ever seen!

And so began the mistakes, no, the adventure! We learned and we explored, hunted and made a name for ourselves! Guilds were made, friendships forged, and wars waged endlessly to control the maps!

We knew the game, we are seasoned and experienced. We know what was good, and what made it better.

We were young, we were inspired, we were alive.
    OnionCourage

It all remains true to this day, except now I make hella real life mesos too ye ye ye $$$$$$$OnionSmartOnionSmartOnionSmart

• Like Like x 5
  7. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Pretty confident this was in 2007, back when I was but a mere fifth grader.

I had recently gotten to know my best friend IRL, SignSign , and we had been bonding over Super Smash Bros Melee for a few months every day or so at my house. Then one day I decided to go to his house and, upon arriving, I found him playing this mysterious game I had never seen. At the time he was a level 35, maybe 36, assassin and was doing CPQ. All I really remember is thinking, "Woah, that game looks so cool! I HAVE to play it!"

Luck would have it that my dad bought me a laptop not long after my exposure to the game as a makeup present to me and that, my friends, sparked my ~9 year long addiction. I remember my first character, Damon909, got to level 10 and wandered into Sleepywood, died, and kept dying every time I tried to get him out. So then my DK, Damon109, was born. Whether it was coincidence or whatever, SignSign , better known as Jay, accidently deleted his assassin and no longer had any items or money. So we both started from the bottom together. Originally he was going to be a DK and I was going to be a Hero but, after a spur of the moment decision, I hard trolled him and picked DK so we were both DKs. This was after he bought me a present for hitting level 30: a cutlus. Rip his mesos...

But yeah, I was a DK until right before BB launched which is when I made a Shad and, after playing that to 165 and getting a BM to level 15x+ I got bored and decided to quit GMS. Then after a few months of no maple, right on my 16th birthday I believe, I discovered a 1x/1x/1x v.062 maplestory server which, after playing for about 6 months, lead me to the ever popular server that is 4x/2x/2x and, after playing there for about a year, I returned to the original server, got to level 125, and heard that Legends launched and instantly left for this server instead. So here I am. Tada!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Doctor

Doctor Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    7:47 PM
    Electrified
    I/L Mage
    All the way back in 2006, GMS, can't remember anything except never making it past level 50 lul

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    MapleLegends, I started mid April. I think...

As for Maplestory itself, I think it was late 2005? Maybe 3rd jobs had just come out then? I don't know, haha. But I hadn't played it continuously, mind you. It was more of an on and off thing. Eventually get bored.. come back, try a different character, etc.

I also used to play on a private server called NSMS. I even tried Royals a bit too. Lots of people there, but lots of bugs too! Bugs are my enemy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Too long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Benjy

Benjy Snail

Nov 29, 2016
    Male
    12:47 AM
    Started playing maple story 13 years ago (2003) and all hell break loose. Got really hooked into the game and now I'm yearning for some nostalgic memories which the current maple story couldn't provide

• Like Like x 2