1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I am quitting, and what I think is wrong with MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Hito, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    8:46 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    I really do not understand how I'm supporting your claim below when I'm trying to tell you there is another work around for ranged class to gain xp.
    Why do i need to compare the xp gain when ranged class can gain easy xp by killing boss and self-leech with mage class instead to have hard time to kill mobs???
    You are talking with no sense here.

Why do i need to care about the weakness when it already has be covered by self-leech? Do you still care about an error when it has been fixed with confirmation?

2. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    9:46 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    i told you the weakness of NL should be mobs(or slow exp). the low hp for ranged classes is so other classes have a part in boss runs (hb,def,..), its a weakness but its one that lead to cooperation.
    i told you to check it yourself and see the best exp for ranged classes will come from self leech(and even in crafting you better with good mob skills) . in other words boss runs isnt everything.
    i think you dont get that NL need to have a weakness. im saying that hpwashing and self leech take those weaknesses away and by so unbalance the classes.

3. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    2:46 AM
    Sarina
    If you call walking left and right and pressing a button to mass hit the whole map a lot of effort. it takes very little effort for a bishop to farm scrolls, kill zakum arms, etc. try doing all of that with a job class that doesn't have a full map hitting AoE skill.

Mostly every bishop has a nice spot in the free market overstocked with all sorts of scrolls, other job classes struggle to even make meso.

They can nerf leeching by reducing the amount of exp gain in a party between level 10 ~ 120 (if the level difference is high or 120+)
    They can progressively* double the exp rate for players 10 ~ 120 to completely eliminate leeching (the exp rate is reduced if the level diff is very high or 120+ in a party)

progressive means while solo you gain double the exp to a point where it gradually reduces back to regular exp rate after you reach high level. (or in this case level 120+)

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. oohyoo

oohyoo Horny Mushroom

Mar 3, 2018
    Female
    sunjoo/sappho
    i see your point. mages do boom maps easily. however, i'm talking about the process it takes to get to the point of "walking left and right and pressing a button". most mages (myself included) started off by grinding, pqing, etc. the ease they have at 4th job is part of their class. and how is it different from a hero spamming brandish, an nl triple throw, or a bm hurricane? it seems unjustified as to why so many people complain about their aoe + leeching when that's the main feature of a mage. each class offers something differently useful, and a mage's ability to boom maps is why they are played (at least to my knowledge).

and "mostly every bishop"? some of the richest players i know don't make their money using their mages or don't have one at all. please don't generalize a player's wealth based on what char they play lol. just because there's a perceived notion that mages have the easy rich life doesn't mean it's always true.

i guess my point is- i'm not saying leeching is without its faults. but if you're so against leeching, don't get leeched. i don't see why some people fight so hard for a class's ultimate to get nerfed on the basis of how fast another gets their exp.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    3:46 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    4th job is a evolution, which means that is a addition in the actions, powers and skills, its pretty natural a evolution comes with new adaptabilities than they pre-evolution. SO ITS NATURAL to expect new skills overcome old ones, because thats how the evolution is, if the new adaptabilities are better that the old ones, you re going to use em more often to obtain more benefits.

And leeching: As i see the leeching is legal, in many online games i played, ppl pays others persons to level up them by killings mobs in their stead, and.. ofc those online games have AOE skills which are used for this purpose. so its not a feature that only applies to Maple in all stead. So really i discard leech as a motive to say the game is wrong. Leech is part of the economy of the game, cuz we arent all so patient to farms scrolls of so, there will be always people that wanna to progress this way, and the money they make to pay for this services is legal, obtained via/farming, selling items etc. so Leech is completely legal and not a unfair thing cuz in almost every old MMORPG this feature is.

Washing: I really undestand you point, i dont like those 1-Year project of intlords, Intmaster (All the Int-likewise that are here). But its a fact that the washing things makes the game more durable, this means to be a long and durable game itself. so its like a obstacle that you need to overcome to be a good player. I have nothing to regret by this point, cuz as i understand and hear, old GMS has the same feature, and its need real money to charge/credits and points to but ap-reset and things thats makes low-funded people like me, almost imposible to overcome, so the getting the ap-reset by voting, making it nopay2win is just really good. but again im not fanatic of washing cuz its frustrating still but its a maple feature that was always there and coded like that. nothing to do against that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. vw1274

vw1274 Slime

Mar 8, 2018
    Male
    MEv2 / vectory
    I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    There are plenty of ideas / solutions for how to fix maplelegends here, some better than others. However these are all symptoms of the same underlying problem at the end of the day - despite Kimmy's and the staff's efforts there's simply an imperfect balance among the different classes. And of course all these classes are all built around different concepts, whether it's a focus on AoE for mages or single-target damage for BMs or tankiness for warriors. Notwithstanding the foregoing, that imbalance is still there and causing plenty of problems. So it's becoming clear through all this discussion that we're finally all getting to the same answer, and the only answer that will truly save MapleLegends: nerf nightlords.

As we're all in agreement on this point, and I'm sure our wise staff will come to the same conclusion, we look forward to this change in the next patch. Thanks everybody for playing a vital role in this discussion and helping solve our biggest problem - it's great to see what we can do when we all come together as one MapleLegends community.

• Great Work x 8
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Make all nightlords quit right before pinkbean release, good idea SeemsGood

8. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    11:46 PM
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    EDIT: disclaimer I am drunk

Oh we complaining in this thread?

Count me in.

Okay for me the problem was not quitting at an early level like I planned to when I first started the game, two things stopped me from doing so. The first joining California (thank you Julian) and the second was R-N mother fucking G. I won a chaos scrolls which then allowed me to stop begging for pots and dex/acc gear to hit shit.

So I never planned to HP wash, BeCAuSE hP wAShiNg iSn'T NeEdED.

Having to either pump base INT or buy INT gear (sometimes both) in order to boss at early as possible without dying all the fucking time was garbage in GMS, and it still is now. You guys ever get these weak ass dudes who can't hit shit or do damage in your PQs because they can't self leech themselves so they end up being useless? HP washing is a problem, not classes needing more hp, but pumping INT and buying it is.

Increase the amount of MP each class gets per lvl, shit make it so that you get at least 2 or 3 wash per level regardless of INT or class. That way new players at least don't have to worry about having to remake their night lord or sair because they find out that they can't take a gust of wind hitting their lil chest. Which still does not make washing mandatory it just gives you the option to do so later in your maple life if you want to.

I really won't speak on leech because well I kinda like and dislike it.

Mules are annoying when they hold channels and it's "toxic" for me to kill them and "Steal the channel"

I hate @mapowner ruins some of the nostalgia, I wonder how much more fun it'd be to see grown ups big mad over a 2d game with near unlimited smegas.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    i think most people dont have problem with mage skills, but only with leech. the bump in exp mages can provide is just too much. new players who know about this will exploit it, and they will start with a cleric. while new players who dont know will only regret it later when they find out.
    at least that how i see it when talking about mages and leech (leech makes other problems that dont involve mages).

i dont agree with this. leech shoudnt be part of the economy. while i agree mages should be the best at farming meso/items/exp, people dont need to depend on them for exp. every character should be able to level up the most efficient way by playing this character.
    with the right balance mages will still be worth for their farming/bossing abilities.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  10. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Even if you dont aggre; the plv is part of the majority MMORPG not only for this one, leech its not a unique feature of maple, there was always people that makes gold leveling up other people, so its very legal, and part of economy even if its look so bad. its a fact that is present everywhere. I have to confess that i was always against to the plv bussiness, but nothing can do for it, people still doing that and living that way ingame so well. Im not defending the leech because the hard grinders seems to feel they efforts be nothing, because i know many feel that the person that have the mesos progress more faster than one that its really spendng the time grinding... but that reality is again everywhere in the majority of MMORPGs..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  11. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I dont think nerf NL is the best idea to save legends, I see the NL as a Bossing class. they re bad grinders you know?, so you re going to take their strong spot, i dont think that is wise. even tho they re not strong alone, they rely on sharp eyes. so really NL are fine how they are, better dont move them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    You simply cant quit maplestory,
    Its About time you will find yourself playing it again

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    1:46 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I only hate the part that the whole economy is depending on NLC potions which I don't know about its existing back in 2017 when I first join. I decided to leave Ludi PQ at lvl 42 and grind for a bit to see how things turn out then I found myself broke with 0 meso left (it was 1,5 mils which I spent to buy all mana elixir at ludibrium town) then I have break for a year.
    So in assume the potion seller in NLC killed all rest potion seller all over mapleword and turn them into almost obsolete npc.
    And the droprate system is built based on that one npc only...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    11:46 PM
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California

Attached Files:

15. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    yes, what

16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    This is what saddens me, and it's correct. Crusader/Hero is the epitome of garbage class, you're stuck until lvl 130 with shit brandish... or still with monotonic slash blast, there's no real speed as you need a pig to run around, your buffs are basically garbage in comparison to a onyx apple.

This I can understand, but I feel like you went too much direct into leeching, you just have to surpass it and play the game for what you intend to do of it.
    Me for example I leech when I know I'm damn too tired to play the game, and as my objective is get at high lvl... efficiency kicks in and leeching is a way to support new players for mesos, and help others gain lvls.
    Of course self-leeching 60-200 is pretty toxic tbh.

Y E S

I'd stop the sentence there.

It sucks the drive out of playing, as you know you have to pump APs into HP ( as a Warrior ) and, if you have no NX, you'll be fucked because you can't get those APs back into STR... meaning your damage is just garbage.

A thing that saddens me is that you picked Hero, it might be the best class in the game... but it's the most horrifying one when you're tempted to HP wash it even a bit, to make it tanky.
    You're just soaking too much DPS and that just ruins the fun of being a Crusader/Hero... aka the high dps memelord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.