1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

zero funds and don't want to play mage wut do?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by yoppyx, Feb 27, 2018.

1. yoppyx

yoppyx Blue Snail

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    9:28 AM
    yoppyx
    Beginner
  2. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    2:28 PM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    The only classes that will help you fund another char is a mage. Unless you manage to get to Horntail level.

3. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    You can play a class that doesn't require funding. Those include; Hero, Buccaneer, Corsair, Paladin.

4. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    They don't need to wash that much due to Battleship mechanics. You just need some points pumped into INT.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    That really depends on how you want to be funded.
    Mages provide a steady funding by providing leeching services, and being one of the easiest to farm NPCable or even sellable equips.

There's various ways you can fund yourself.
    • Lookout for events (Currently you can try farming roses and selling them for about 500k-1m)
    • Doing important quests (The ones that give 30%'s)
    • Low level farming spots, (Crows for Shoe Jump 30%, Nightghost for Claw 30% etc.)
    • Gachapon (Hunting and/or Cash)
    • Scrolling (gamble tho)
    • Winning Events (Event NX can go for 3k/10m and up)
    I listed some ways, so yes while mages do have a steadier time funding yourself.
    You are absolutely by no means limited by your class to become funded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    This.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    Any Warrior/Brawler, since they're good at grinding.

8. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    OnionPerfect

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    6:28 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    This server being 1x on mesos definitely makes this the most challenging private server. I chose to play an archer because the range will help you save so many hp pots at the start which is crucial. Selling fame or joining a sexy guild like Twice/ who provides so much support for its members will make the levels until you can gachapon more enjoyable. Warriors I don’t recommend because they run through potions so much and if you do decide to go wash, you should save it for a dk where it really matters.

10. Alonp600

Alonp600 Pac Pinky

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    4:28 PM
    Beginner, Camper
    I think u can make a hero or paladin. This jobs doesnt requires hp wash is only a bonus. So u can save your nx for gach.. Its a really nice money

11. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    9:28 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    Don't expect too much or be too ambitious with your character if you're not going to make a mage first to fund it, doing things like going low dex warrior. Just remember that AP resets are a thing if you manage to play to a decent level that can start funding itself, so remember to keep voting.

12. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    I made a drk for my first char and I really enjoyed it. Its a long journey but fun imo. Hp washing isnt an issue as long as you put 40 ap into int asap (like level 8) then you dont really need int gear besides zak helm at level 50 and other easy ones. The downside is using all ur Neckson cash for ap resets so if you dont want to do that go for hero, paladin, or bucc. Also shad does not hp wash I believe.

13. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    4:28 PM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    Go dark knight and save nx for ap resets, you wont earn this much money from gacha its worse then hunting gacha and the server is not wait to win means the nx gacha is bad

14. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    Keep in mind that, even if you do start as a mage, you will still have to work for your meso. As you start off, focus on your Party Quests; they will help you get started money-wise. If you're planning on grinding, I'd recommend getting a pet with loot equips and loot everything. Don't waste your money on things you don't need and try to save up as much as you can. The only times you'll need money is for a zhelm at level 50. After that you shouldn't really be spending money on things other than potions and average equips. By the time you're between level 70 and 120, you'll have saved enough money to start funding yourself. Just remember; it'll take a while to get equips that you're satisfied with. For instance, I'm about to hit Lvl 180 and I'm still trying to improve.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:28 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    1 thing is for sure, don't start a NL or an archer without funding and proper int gear. High level archers need enough hp to survive shit even more than NLs since they have 0 defensive skills

16. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    3:28 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Shadower dont have to wash and are plenty fun. Im a 139 shadower and i dont have a mage. :)