1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

curious

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pina, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    10:56 PM
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    don't flame me, don't question it, just please give me an honest answer.

I've been playing this server since the doors first opened and the og squad pulled through and at first it the server the was going strong and everything was getting done, but now whenever I log in it almost seems likes something went wrong somewhere. I've been trying to figure this out now for months as to why this server to me has felt like a crumbling mountain. I asked myself, maybe its because im too high of a level now and i'm just burnt, or things like is it just me, am i stressed? I've had multiple rants about Kim's lack of progress in this server and I don't want to flame her for it, but in terms of "stuff" what it happening? I'm genuinely curious as to where the server stands in progress.

my opinion : I've come back and played for a bit and I've noticed that the Gachapon System is completely ruined for some reason and just to get one rare item we have to go through 100+ tickets? We only get 5k nx a day. I've read posts on the forums too about monsters holding some of the scrolls that we all wish for (30%'s) and are those being taken into consideration? The ToT update came out and I was happy to see that and the moment I entered and found out that the fire mobs at the end of ToT were not even weak to ice. Probably the biggest let down to myself and all my fellow i/l mages. Somewhere in my mind i'm questioning Neckson, but I'm sounding selfish now. I don't even see that many players in ToT too. I thought it would be bustling because of the high level the monsters had. The spawn was bad and was increased, but still no one goes. Now I'm back to skele's, oh how lovely these things are. I get it that v62 isn't suppose to have that much content, but this isn't GMS. It's a related version of it that you call MapleLegends. You have the power to increase the amount of content given to us, yet we hardly receive any. I understand that you and the Navi need time off and coding all day would not be fun for anyone, but its been seven days past December and yet not even a sound or lick of a Christmas event. I told myself to trudge through this and hope that the Christmas Event would bring back that smile I wish I could have while playing this game. I'm not demanding anything anymore, but all I ask is that you could maybe show us something a sign or anything to get hyped about. I feel like you're just leaving in this limbo state constantly and were just playing a stale game. I don't feel the spice anymore.

As I said before at the top of the post, don't flame me this is just how I see it and I am genuinely curious.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:56 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well let's see... right now there's still a thanksgiving event going on. You might want to try participating in that before whining there is no Christmas event. Or better yet, participate in it before whining you were gone and didn't get a chance to.

And ToT is no letdown. The fact that Oblivion mobs are not weak to ice has been common knowledge way back when and could easily found in databases. It can't possibly be a letdown if you could research the truth yourself in a matter of seconds.

But yeah, otherwise I'd agree with everything else. Updates/fixes are slow, what the staff plan or discuss isn't transparent, and this is nothing to say of recent incidents we have with banned dupers, vote abusers, and scammers found guilty yet items inexplicably not returned.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    4:56 AM
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Never forget #INTGate2015?

Also, people here have real lives with real responsibilities and work.
    I'm not trying to sound rude, but whining about someone who does this shit for free is a bit fucked.
    Nobody here owes you anything.

However, it's not like I don't see that there are some issues that need to be addressed to improve the server and I'm sure they're being worked on somehow.
    Or I know for a fact they are, but you just don't hear about it.

• Like Like x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    I tried the Thanksgiving Event, I should have put that in there too, but I was never a fan of it even in GMS just cause the hype wasn't there but Christmas was always a big time cause everyone was cheery. I'm not doing this to completely say "fuck this sever" , but just wondering what's happenin. I just feel out of the loop always.

and don't give me some sass back on how I should enjoy everything I get and not whine when I don't like something.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I believe your feelings about this are correct. You see, like you probably realize by now there has been a relatively low progress in release of things, atleast from my last few days of observation(some days before announcing my return as well), and yes, it seems like things are kinda slowing down.

But for me, that is not a problem. I think what it currently has is enough to keep me personally entertained(especially at my low level), but as a 150x I/L mage(assuming what you put in your profile info is true), I can understand your frustration/lack of new things to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    Isn't it natural for things to slow down if there are fewer things to fix?
    The problems they're dealing with aren't just in the programming.
    I've heard there have been inflation problems and general fundamental issues with the current economy. That shit can't be dealt with in one patch afaik.
    Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I personally dont see this as broken, unless as a rare item you mean a 30% scroll for example. If gacha would be handing choas and pacs puacs pgcs and all sorts of good items that would ruin the game in my opinion.

Edit: Yes I would love to see abit more scrolls and more distributed but beside that I think it is fine...
    This: http://forum.maplelegends.com/index...ng-dispensed-by-any-gachapon.6697/#post-60716

• Like Like x 1
  8. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    11:56 PM
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Trying to devalue their opinion by making them sound entitled is a really, really low argument. He is simply explaining his feelings about the server as it is right now. It could be argued that while they don't owe us, we as a community do have the right to reasonable expectations. Until the day we see announcements on the resignation of the dev team, or the closure of the server altogether, I would say its very reasonable to expect some form of content from them, or in the absence of content, some communication.

I'll just note here that chaos scrolls are likely much healthier to the economy than 30/70% scrolls are. I've seen this posted numerous times before, and I think this has a lot to do with the relative rarity on GMS back in the day.

I'll save the theory crafting for a more relevant discussion, but chaos scrolls will almost always have the highest potential for end game items. Having them as a relevant part of the economy draws higher level/wealthier players towards them, devaluing many of the scrolls we currently see being extremely expensive. They also don't boom items, so even extremely good items could get onto the market.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Good point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cohort

Cohort Timer

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    3:56 AM
    Cohort
    Thief
    Not only there may seem core Staff Kimmy and Navi slowly doing their work, the GMs themselves are pretty much there in game to host an event and ban a hacker... When you ask a serious question about something related to the server no answer is followed and later you find them talking in fm. Pretty proffesional. Appart from that it may seem that Kimmy is always on someomes stream, but when asked a question "sorry im at work" bullshit. Sorry to flame guys.

In order Legends to revive and succeed there should be a big update , especially towards gacha, it doesnt matter if it has to go down for a month, if you rewamp and fix everything, work toward GMs attitude in game. That they are not only for afking and chilling in game and work their arse off for the community. Advertise accesively to get more people. People will stay strong and be welcomed here.

I apologise if i offended anyone from staff, but i just had to let it out, as in my eyes this is the current situation in Legends that I love.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Its not natural until you let it slow down on purpose... *shrug*

Its more complicated than you think. And it depends how you look at it. I will just state the truth and the truth is, they cant please every single player on this server. If you have complaints, dont be so keen about it because you're not the only one. If I were among the Admins myself, I would worry about what concerns players the most, and that is the lack of new content as far as I have seen - although I might be wrong, because its hard to tell precisely what it is.

12. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    I wish gacha would be fixed because I think we're all tired of hearing about it/complaining about it.

Maybe my standards are low, but I've played a TON of private servers and even though this one doesn't throw a bunch of events in our faces, it is by FAR the most put together, clean, old GMS-reminiscent experience I've had. Hardly any glitches or NPCs that don't work. LOL. There are some servers that you can't CC without d/cing. Or where 90% of the NPCs are un-coded and will never be coded. There's a lot left to do and explore in game other than getting godly fast, getting rich fast, or constantly having event updates.

You don't have to stay at skeles. Make some friends or regular grinding buddies and party up at ToT or other places. Make or join a guild and participate in bossing daily or weekly. Try to help new comers to the server as well if you have the resources. This should spice up your experience and kill two birds with one stone. Help advertise the server in some way.

Instead of putting all the pressure on the staff I think we have to put some pressure on our MapleLegends veterans (like you and I) to keep the game fun and exciting.

• Like Like x 8
  13. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Yeah, for me what attracted me the most about this server is the smoothness it has. There are few(if at all) glitches, bugs, or quests that dont work. I like how they made sure every quest works, and made quest exp at 3x to encourage questing.

14. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    IMHO just remove gacha or make tickets cost meso instead of nx. Make exclusive scrolls drop from mobs & bosses and make party quests and low level long quest chains have real rewards. I'm not sure if it changed much between my experiances around v38 and v62, but the reliance on gacha to move the economy forward just feels unhealthy to the game. Gacha should be a way to obtain extremely rare and unique items, not a way to make money. When one of the best ways for most players to make money is to simply vote each day and hope for a good roll from gacha, rather than participating in the game itself, something has gone wrong at a very basic game design level.

As for high level content, that's simply a problem with the original GMS having very little high level content, coupled with our higher rates. If anything, adding additional/more rewarding low level content to encourage older players to play new characters and mingle with newer players may be a better option than shoehorning in higher level content.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    I'm not trying to devalue his opinion at all. I'm merely saying that I don't agree with people expecting constant new content. Unless you feel comfortable paying for their work (regardless of us being a community) you shouldn't be expecting anything. It's as if some people think ML has this huge programming team who are ready to bend over backwards for them.

In response to the communication thing I have to say I slightly disagree, but I see your point. The team is very active in the suggestions section from what I've seen, but yes it could be a good idea to post a public to-do list with some updates about what's happening behind the scenes, what the staff are working on etc..

16. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I dont think anyone's expecting anything, we realize(or atleast I hope people around here do) that merely running the server, keeping it stable and performing well etc, by itself isnt an easy thing to do. Anything that they add further than that(new content, pq's, events, etc) are just bonuses they're giving to us. There will always be greedy players who want more and more and more. Hell, I do too, and you do too, and everyone here does. But the difference between me and others is that I'm smart enough to realize you dont always get what you want in life.

17. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    If only we were as smart as you, Kosem ://// No, but honestly I don"t even want more. ML is perfect to me atm, but I understand why people want things like gacha fixed.

18. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    I had a great talk with Kim a few days ago. I asked about drops from mobs and gacha rewards and the gist I got from her was that it wasn't the difficulty in implementing any changes, but rather the staff deciding what to do, if anything. This makes sense, most changes I see requested for economy balance are simple SQL changes, no coding involved, but the staff is worried about the reaction from the community. This applies to why they don't commit to anything on the forums as well.

This was posted hours after one of Kim's posts, and still hasn't got a response. Not because it would be difficult to implement, but because the staff don't have a direction they want to go, and thus keep the status-quo.

19. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Gosh I wish I was as smart as you :/

• Like Like x 1
  20. Freddychanyo

Freddychanyo Slimy

Nov 5, 2015
    Male
    Norway
    Freddychanyo
    Assassin
    Demure
    That is a fair point and completely understandable from the staff's side. I''ve just been here a month and I've already seen plenty of shitstorms against how the staff deals with things from the community.

Which is why we probably have a lot of polls.......