1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scrolls Not Being Dispensed by Any Gachapon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nanop33, Nov 21, 2015.

1. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:16 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Sorry if this is not in the right section.

As I've noted multiple times before in different threads, there are some scrolls that have seemingly disappeared from Gachapon since the Leap update. It has become apparent over time that these scrolls have completely disappeared from the market because their supply from before the Leap update has dwindled to the point where people are holding onto them rather than selling. There is also no new supply of these scrolls to replenish the rapidly disappearing stock because for some reason people aren't getting them from Gach anymore. I'm fairly certain the rarity of these scrolls isn't an intended situation considering there are literally more White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls being dispensed than these scrolls.

The two scrolls that I've noticed this happening to are Dark Scroll for Bottomwear for DEX 70% and Dark Scroll for Shield for Weapon Atk 70%. There may be other scrolls in a similar situation, but so far I'm only aware of these two.

If the staff could look into why this is the case and fix an error if there is one, that would be great.

Thank you.

EDIT:

List so far
    - Dark Scroll for Bottomwear for DEX 70%
    - Dark Scroll for Shield for Weapon Atk 70%
    - Dark Scroll for One-handed Sword for Atk 30%

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Taeo

Taeo Slime

Aug 26, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    4:16 AM
    Taeo/Yuto
    Hero
    Skyfall
    Include 30% 1-handed sword as well OnionConfused

3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    4:16 AM
    These scrolls are already in gach.

4. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    9:16 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    [rant]
    This sentence doesn't mean anything. Just because there is a possibility of obtaining these items doesn't mean that the rate is anywhere near acceptable. (this goes for most scrolls currently)

I feel like the gach revamp would have been a good thing if it was paired with the addition of applying these scrolls as drops from mobs (and would still be balanced of this was implemented). Some jobs are still able to farm for their scrolls while others are left to pay ridiculous prices for scrolls that should not be the price that they are at (which is a direct effect of the almost non-existent addition of new scrolls of said type)
    That said, I have already voiced my opinions on this matter so the decision is left with the staff.

note:
    This should probably not be a quote to you bulba since I can see how your post could be to just acknowledge the possibility of the drops rather than responding to the chance of that happening.
    [/rant]

• Like Like x 4
  5. OP
    OP
    nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Then the dispensing rate on these scrolls should be raised, considering it's lower then White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls.

One would think that it's ridiculous that it's harder to obtain a 70% scroll than a White Scroll or Chaos, no?

6. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    4:16 PM
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Maybe they are in some of the gacha that no one uses.

Since showa gives out shield luk/str/magic attack, theres a chance it gives out shield weapon attack as well.

I think CBD and Sleepywood gacha also don't get used all that often, maybe they're there?

Or maybe they're from Nautilus KappaHD

7. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I've gotten shield attack 70% scrolls from showa gach after the revamp

8. OP
    OP
    nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Maybe I'm wrong in my way of thinking but it's been a while since the Leap update and there's been nothing in the market. I quite literally can't remember the last time I've seen a BotDex70 or Shield Watk 70 in the market. If they were still being dispensed even at some random location then at least some should be popping up here and there, even if less people are going to these locations.

Besides, in the case of BotDex70, it doesn't fit the theme of the revamp in re-distributing items to class-based cities. Thieves and Warriors (and Buccs?) need them the most yet they're not from Kerning or Perion, where people Gach frequently. Even more apparent in the case of 1h Sword 30.

I wasn't sure where to post this thread initially since I wasn't sure if this was a bug or a simple matter with rates. Since the staff is acknowledging that it's rate and potentially location that is the source of the lack of certain scrolls, then the purpose of this thread can be reworked to a suggestion to make the scrolls identified in question more accessible and more adherent to the re-distribution theme from the Leap gach revamp.

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think the dark DEF scrolls have completely disappeared as well. If they were cheap enough I would buy them and save them to scroll stuff for my priest, but I haven't seen a single one in a long time either.

10. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Yea usually people who get these garbage scrolls just drop them right by the gach machine... just keep track of people gaching and im sure you will find alot

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    10:16 PM
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    Can't we just have a poll about monsters dropping scrolls, it's so annoying having to rely on gachapon...

• Like Like x 5
  12. tyys1337

tyys1337 Master Chronos

Jul 7, 2015
    Male
    tyys1337
    Assassin
    Decent
    I really would love that ! cause this would give some ingame value... . I feel like at this point of the game its so useless to play. Just sit on your meso and wait for scroll from gatcha -.-

• Like Like x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Nobody stops you from creating one

14. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Feedback is appreciated and a good thing. Making false statements (based on I don't know what) is not. Chaos scrolls and white scrolls are the rarest items in gachapon.

I would much rather see that progress is made through game-play and not luck and/or voting. Ideally for me gachapon is a lottery that you're not dependant on. That being said, I don't think we should tweak those rates again and again but rather look elsewhere to get things balanced.

• Like Like x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Look I'm sorry, but do you actually read any of the stuff I write???

I posted in this section I have no idea if this is a bug or some error or whatnot, but it is very clear that there is something wrong with the rates with the scrolls I've mentioned above. Everything I'm noting is based on mine and other people's observations in the market. I scan the FM 3 times a day on weekdays and around 8-10 times a day on the weekend.

Yes, theoretically White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls should be the rarest items in the game. So how can you actually possibly say that nothing is wrong and everything is intended when a White Scroll and Chaos pops up in the FM every 4-5 days but a BotDex70 and ShieldWatk70 don't show up for a goddamn month?

You say you want to see that progress is made through game-play and not luck/voting. You do realize that there is no other way of obtaining these said scrolls right? If they dropped from certain mobs I would be happy to farm them. But there is no possible way of obtaining these scrolls otherwise and at the moment, no way of of obtaining these scrolls at all. There is a very distinct difference between "hard to obtain" and "literally bloody impossible to obtain."

How can you accuse me of making false statements when it's obvious you're not even aware of certain aspects of your own game?

I'm not saying to raise the rates for these scrolls above their intended values, I'm saying raise to their intended values because at the moment they're not being dispensed at all. People are definitely getting White and Chaos Scrolls more often than these scrolls at the moment.

16. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    By "would like to see" I am pretty sure he refer to when it ever get changed/updated. Basically, he give his feedback on how he would like it changed, if it get changed.

17. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    can u make bottom dex 30/70 dropped from a mob ?

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We are already (still) discussing a lot of things behind the scene related to scrolls and gachapon, that's currently all I can say.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Did you take that apology bit out of your post kimberly? That's not fun :(

• Like Like x 3
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You know, I've just got to say that even though you claim to listen to our feedback... I know you've already said you don't care about poll results.

And every time you say that you're privately discussing things with your little clique (whoever it is that make up staff I guess) it just makes us feel left out. I know you probably want to avoid the shitstorm that is normally trolls and people being rude posting, but with the mechanical responses we often receive from your public representative, it doesn't feel like we're being heard at all.

It's like the players are the american people, the staff the US congress. We pointlessly partake in elections. We protest and make demands. Then congress goes behind closed doors and usually winds up screwing things up more.

• Like Like x 5