1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent earrings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    11:03 AM
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Half of the year is gone. For something that has stats and has cost the amount of mesos is has, every bit of time is important. Another compromise would be for them to expire from the time of the actual nerf, as people have suggested previously.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    And I think that is a fair thing to suggest. My whole thing was to take the conversation away from:
    1. Keeping the items in the game period.
    2. Compensation that brings more money into the economy which, yes, will hurt how things are bought and sold.

I agree, people should be upset and question the choices, but as we have seen twice in the past week, that doesn't happen. With the Agent gear gone, the game still makes room for min/maxing for bosses and other forms of endgame.

3. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    No, it actually doesn't make sense and it doesn't even equate to each other either.
    You buy/make an item with the purpose of using it to better your character, with the idea that it will stay permanent because it is permanent. Fast forward 2+ months from the event ending you conclude that the item is staying the same, and therefore is ok with spending a large amount of money on purchasing one.
    Fast forward another 4 months all of a sudden you're told that the items will expire and not even 1 year from the delayed announcement, but from the event date instead, therefore instead of it being "1 year", it's actually 6 months.
    But hey, you get nx/donor as compensation which you can use for cosmetics... which do absolutely nothing for you. Of course it's not "good enough" because it doesn't even equate to the amount of effort you put in, or the purpose you spent so much time for it either.

This was an extremely delayed decision, with no reason for it. This extra backlash could've been prevented by announcing this decision in the first 1-2 months after the event ended.
    It's not as if it was a hard decision, in fact this could've been fixed during the event or right after.

Maybe this could've been avoided if there were more GMs that actually played the game actively SeemsGood
    EDIT: also I remember seeing something about being too busy for Christmas event so it got delayed
    Maybe focus on broken shit that's actually in the game first?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Also the demise of Agent items is hindering the return of my love, FrancoFranco .

This upsets me more than the actual issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    haHAA (so glad i didn't buy an agent earring)

6. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    You guys really aren't though. At the first sign of negative feedback and outrage, you guys delete comments and shut the thread down instead of disputing legitimate points being made. This has been going on for years. It's absolutely authoritative. Why even have a forum if we can't express our opinions about things? And I know, the typical "you can express your opinions if you're mature about it" comment is coming, so what constitutes a "mature" comment? Point me to an outline or template to follow. Ffs I can't even rate posts on the forums anymore because I've disagreed with the staff too many times (I'm assuming, I wasn't given an actual reason and can't find which exact rule I violated).

What kind of reaction did you expect? Everyone saying "wow great job staff", "excellent decision", "keep up the good work!" at a decision that was made with absolutely no feedback or suggestions from the community? Honestly, the event shouldn't have even happened in the first place as it was clearly unbalanced, and you guys are just now addressing the fallout HALF A YEAR LATER. What took so long? Any active member of this game could scan the market, see these earrings were clearly overpowered, and changed them to be temporary within a week. They flooded the market like mad. And not just the 25+ stat ones, even the 12-15+ stat ones were everywhere. And now, people have sold their once valuable 10-12 stat earrings for dirt cheap, invested in these earrings thinking they would last, and now they're screwed. Not only are they losing their earrings, but they lost the money they spent on buying the agent earrings AND the money they lost selling their earrings for far less than they were originally worth before the event.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  7. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    buying petri leech haHAA

8. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Don't think I can sum it up any better than this, maybe I could say this nicely/nicer (so I don't hurt any feelings) but this seems about accurate

9. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Wanting to buy Time Machine for Kimberly!

10. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    It's called a wipe :blackalien:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    A time machine would be useless they'd just do it again. f1

12. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:03 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
  13. Ezeke

Ezeke Mano

Jan 27, 2018
    11:03 PM
    Ezeke
    Few things that I feel that should've been done:

1) Lower the stats of the earring. E.g +4 earrings w 20 Luk be nerfed to 12 instead and make them untradable.

2) Nerf the chaos scroll that have been used for the earring. E.g Maximum stats only +3/-3 per scroll

I think it will make the game more balanced in a way.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    From what I'm seeing, the only posts that were removed from the thread were your ''reaction'' comments and a post about someone selling their item. Your issue with your status on the forums isn't what's being discussed here; I'm sure you know who to contact about it, but this isn't the thread for it.

I'd appreciate if we kept this thread for suggestions; we are more than aware that the announcement was way too late and that we've fucked up in that regard. Ragging us for the tardiness on it doesn't change the current situation.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Is that all you took out of my comment? My point is some form of compensation needs to be made for those that are being screwed over instead of just having their earrings expire. And also to stop adding things to the game without considering balance first. I think both of those points are 100% relevant to this thread. Please address them.

16. Haidaniel

Haidaniel Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    1:03 AM
    HaiDaniel
    Hunter
    DANK
    I'm aware. I mean if the item isn't tradeable then the percentage it is better than other equips doesn't matter. All that matters is the additional stats you have, which can also be obtained through 4-6 levels as I said.

However if something is tradeable, it's value is largely based on the availability of alternatives that serve a similar role.

Hopefully that makes sense

17. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:03 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    4-6 levels is not an insignificant amount at higher levels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    And I get your point, though you haven't made an actual suggestion as to how we can compensate for it, which is what this thread's OP made it for.
    Unless I'm much more air-headed than I thought I was, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a major fuck-up item-wise since these. I've mentioned it before, but we have most definitely been pretty careful about it when thinking about new additions and event items.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    The constant changes made to gachapon? 4 atk capes going from 250m to 65m, chaos scrolls going from 200m+/non-existant to around 40-50m? White scrolls going from 200mish to 60m, and now back up to over 100m+? Bottomwear dex 60%s going for 25m+ until gallos made them 1-2m? The list goes on, but I digress.

The staff also hasn't suggested compensation. All we've been given is that they will expire and those that own them will receive nothing, which is obviously a terrible decision from an active players standpoint. Honest suggestions:

1) Don't make them expire, but make them untradable like OP said. At the same time, don't nerf the event because that would obviously be unfair. Make people earn them on their own instead of buying them.
    2) Make them expire and formulate some type of compensation meso-wise based on the stat of the earrings. I think Franco's 1.5b for his 27 stat earrings is a good guideline to base that on.

Bottom line, please quit adding unbalanced content to the game without considering the repercussions. Look at what happens with Castellan Toad. And now the agent earrings. Making a post about major content changes and allowing the community to make feedback before implementing it is a hell of a lot better way to go about it then just doing it and then changing your mind later.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:03 PM
    Moderator Post
    The problem with you, Ghost, is that you're a big hypocritic person. No, you didn't just 'react too much to a staff member' You spam disagreed posts totally unrelated to you, you started to disagree support posts, you started disagree this, that. Obviously you abused the system and now you put the victim flag and cry about it.

All you've been doing is spam the shoutbox, all you've been doing is make sarcastic posts, all you've been doing is posting XatEmo's on shoutbox over and over and over and over until you get a reaction and cry about it. You want the truth? You are for past months an awful contribution to the forums as well as the shoutbox, and that's why your forum status is getting worse and worse.

You've got so many warnings to stop and you just refuse to do it. You want it even more clear? I guess, since you STILL do it.
    You don't want censorship like 99% of the other people on this forum? Start act like a normal human being instead of your childish behaviour.

I already expected the backlash like I said. However, like I said in the thread I rather do have backlash then keeping those item in-game. Whanever a compromise is made like suggested is yet to be decided and if one how.