1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loon

Loon Slime

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:11 PM
    Krypton, Oink
    Hey I have an idea how about you stop making these posts that barely make any sense and stop derailing the thread?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    There is no think farming/mobbing is imbalanced, there is only:
    Farming/mobbing IS imbalanced.
    Whoever thinks otherwise is about as dumb as a ton of bricks. The most highly valued items would make the easiest/fastest training spots the hardest to get to, if each area has the same droprate/chance because the more enemies at the map, the faster and more likely you'll be able to get something good.
    The only way to make this fair is to put a cap that's fairly easy to get to each day/week for all classes. Scratch that, this idea would end up having people make low level accounts just to farm more. Instead of that, break the levels up into different tiers, the higher levels can farm more tickets per day or whatever, since it will take a longer amount of time to create higher leveled characters. This will cause less abuse. Perhaps tickets should be all lvl tiers added up meaning, the more characters you have, and the higher leveled they are, the more you can farm. Then again, you could just keep deleting and remaking characters like this.

3. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    No idea who this was directed to, but at least I am personally responding to posts with explanations. I am not trying to derail the thread. People have responded to things I have typed, and it would be very rude to not respond.
    My posts make perfect sense. I just can't believe that people could be so ignorant in reading my posts. I think we all need to take a minute to go back to school and actually learn some things.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:11 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol ok so now you think lower level chars farming mobs is broken too, even though that means they don't have "game breaking" ults lol what is this I don't even...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    You don't understand at all. You are basically saying that, I should just create 5 accounts and then get on low level characters. With the new gacha system implemented, I would be able to farm as many tickets as a higher leveled character at my level. This means, if I have 5 accounts, I could earn five times as many gacha tickets as you and you would be totally fine with that. At this rate, we might as well make the cap for new implemented gacha system infinite. I mean, that's not going to cause inflation at all. #sarcasm#
    I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. I was referring to a system for farming for gacha tickets and I was noting the benefits/problems you could have with it. If you make it character locked, then you can keep making new characters and deleting them getting an infinite number of gacha tickets a day. If you keep them account locked, you can keep using different account to farm more gacha tickets. I consider every possible outcome and solution as I can when coming up with an idea. This is ON TOPIC to the thread.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The idea of limiting how many valuable items a person can get on one character is completely asinine.

Higher level characters are supposed to be stronger than lower level characters. If there is no benefit to leveling, if you just punish people for making their character strong there is no point in even playing. Ideas like these will only kill the server. RIP

• Like Like x 2
  7. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:11 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Andyman, crow isn't always alive, and even if it were, you have Grimm Phantom Watches. I myself had to grind with crow in map or at other places because when I was at the himes level crow was almost never killed, I grinded to 94 at gs2 because there were very few attacker parties for WS or Vikings, it's not about not being able to do it, it's about not being willing to.
    Stop crying and go grind.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    So you're saying infinite gacha tickets all mages get 5x gacha. I will literally make a mage if this happens. The purpose of limiting the amount of gacha is to stop inflation. What is the point of playing the game if everyone has everything maxed out? The server will literally be dead in a few months if you don't limit the number of gacha tickets a player can get. We are referring to gacha tickets in this case. I'm not sure how you think the idea in asinine. I for one, am not going to let anyone get several gacha tickets ahead of me because of unfair advantage. The only response you could come up with (well you should have made a mage then). That makes so much sense because I totally wanted to play a mage... That's why I was making a HERO... Heros are mages right? I don't know how stupid you would have to be to not understand what I just typed. 5 times as efficient for getting tickets, that's going to piss me off. If I told you that you had to spend two hour to get 10 gacha tickets and if you're a mage and you know you can farm 50 gacha tickets. Which one are you going to play as? The mage obviously because you're going to hog as many tickets as you can. This is going to RUIN the game by making people farm for these gacha tickets unless there's a limit because there will always be those one people who are going to rule the MARKET because they'll have even more money from gacha.

9. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    This is v0.62, mages are op for almost everything except bossing... just make one already and stop complaining if you think its game breaking..

how come almost every time some suggestion like this pops up it always ends with Bishops are soooo op... we already know this.. just make one ffs.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I am not crying, I am telling the honest truth. I like to play the game efficiently, not inefficiently. I believe I get 3 times as much xp on average training on dreamy ghosts then I do training on wolf spiders. It's that much more efficient. Why spend 6 hours for one level when you can spend two? I just fail to understand why you would prefer to train at 3x the length of time. Btw I'm not sure how long it takes since I haven't played in over a month because I was burnt out on it. You literally have no idea how long it took me to make around 300 mil +. I farmed the money and drops to sell, I did almost no gacha since I spent all of my nx expanding my inventories. I tested different theories on money making to see which is the most efficient way for me to make money. I have it hidden somewhere on the forums here. I would have to check through my posts which I really don't care to do. All I recall is Gold Teeth > or = Leprechauns > Heartstoppers. I considered the drops (equips/scrolls) on the leprechauns, the meso rate, and the charms themselves. Unfortunately these are selling for a really cheap price now, or at least they were when I quit playing. I probably sold around 1-2k charms more or less.

11. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    If you play efficiently you would know making a bishop to leech your main char is the most efficient way to level. Why spend 2 hours to level when you can spend 30mins?.

Yes, attacking at skele with a bishop leeching you is the best possible exp ... but i'm talking self sufficient here.

12. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    Sooo if I'm understanding this right, you are currently arguing against A3B, which is one of the least popular of the options. What is your point here? The most popular opinions don't include making gacha tickets available by mob drops. I'm not sure you why are so adamant about this and are veering so far off of the topic, which is Gachapon, not the farming abilities of mages and certainly not your ability to level your character. (this goes for a few other people posting irrelevant replies to your posts)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I realize this. Because I didn't want to make a bishop. I would have to create another account to do so and leech myself. I didn't want to even create another character. I don't find spamming ultimate's exactly a fun way to play the game. I don't think Maple was intended to have one hit ultimate attacks that kill basically everything back when Wizet owned it before Neckson bought it. I acknowledge I could be totally wrong on this, but it's what I choose to believe.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    A2 states:
    A: Make all unique items/scrolls available by means of PQ or Farming so the way to get these said unique items is based on time involved on gameplay rather a very limited vote2win based slot machine*
    A2: Apply A with keeping the Gachapon system the same
    From the sound of it, it seems as if Farming is going to play a MAJOR FACTOR especially since I voted for it but I would like to see some sort of restriction to keep people from farming certain areas. I mean, all we need to do is adds pacs and puacs to skeles and then we'll have a real mess there. Have fun trying to grind there. They should make these rare drops in stupid locations that no one ever uses so that people who want to train, can train, people who want to farm items, can farm items. I already stated how this could be a problem by saying that certain classes will have an advantage over other classes which we have discussed several times.
    PQ would be the fairest thing but there are different ways to implement it and I had a great idea of how it could work. besides, what PQs can you do after you hit 101? Certainly not CWKPQ since that doesn't exist, nor does APQ.

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I don't know why you seem to think gach tickets or other gach-exclusive items would drop so often from mobs. 10 tickets in 2 hours? Seems way too high. People could normally get 5 tickets a day through voting.

Consider if after 5 hours of non-stop, you get 3-5 tickets 99% of the time. That seems more reasonable. Now let's say you kill pianus, crow, or bigfoot. 90% of the time it will drop a gach ticket. A party takes down zakum. A single zakum kill usually yields 4~8 gach tickets.

Again. A big part of what needs to happen is to add things to boss monster drops as well. Yet you keep whining how you have to split drop and oooh no you can't find one! I'm sorry but no one takes you seriously. It just shows how utterly inept you are at the game and blinded by jealousy.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Unfortunately I don't think you have the slightest clue. My recommendation is to raise the price on gacha ticket nx. This will make people spend vote cash on other things.
    You have to be, the BIGGEST JOKE of all time. You don't know what exaggeration is or what an EXAMPLE is. You thought I was SERIOUS when I said 10 gacha tickets in two hours or grinding. That was something called an EXAMPLE aka something to show you the difference in class efficiency. The whole idea behind the point of making the cap on gacha tickets a day, is so that no class could have an advantage over another class. The whole point of us changing how gacha works is because people can just vote, buy tickets, and get gacha for doing absolutely nothing inside the game. Five hours a day for 3-5 gacha tickets would significantly RAISE the prices on scrolls/armors because of the fact rarely anyone would be gaching at this rate. Do you understand (probably not but hell, what do I know [except for the FACT I am a freaking GENIUS])?
    I don't know why you're mad at me for stating FACTS. I was only using 10 gacha tickets in two hours as an EXTREME EXAMPLE (I have to state this twice, otherwise your puny mind won't be able to understand it and it's probably still above your head). I stated that CERTAIN CLASSES would be able to find about 5 times as many tickets on mobs. What's wrong with this statement? With your example, it would take another class nearly 25 hours to find 3-5 gach tickets. If you just made a character, you are more likely not going to find any tickets within your first 5 hours of gameplay because if you recall (you can only target one enemy at a time starting out). Certain monsters, have ridiculous spawn times. Would you be willing to wait X amount of hours to maybe or may not find a bigfoot or headless horseman. More importantly, would the headless horseman even drop tickets? Hell, let's just have all of the bosses in the game drop gacha tickets and have people use tele rocks to farm the bosses (GREAT idea). With my idea of having a limited number of gacha tickets that are somewhat easily obtainable for all classes, it would make the game better then what it is.

http://www.basilmarket.com/id/andyman99999/players
    I like the part where you said I'm inept at the game and blinded by jealousy. I think I know Maple fairly well since I've been around, a long time.
    Let me explain what happens when you fight bosses solo.
    No boss, no boss, no boss, no boss, no boss, no boss, congratulations, you just wasted your time achievement get. Other times it might be, boss, boss, boss, boss, boss, boss. But then there are some people who talk to their guilds and are like: Well, the bigfoots should be spawning soon because I know when I killed them, let's all mark down their time, and then we can kill them again before anyone has the chance to get to them. (Good thing I was at work when bigfoot spawned, because that totally doesn't give someone else the chance to kill it [EST US AND CANADA]). Then we'll use our VIP tele rocks to get to the other bosses, Pianus and the such to get more tickets. Do you know what happens to the people who can't boss yet? It's really simple, they're forced to struggle or waste their time looking for bosses. You can not, and I repeat you can not waste your time if you're grinding for tickets in a training area. As I have said before, giving people the ability to grind for unlimited tickets will ONLY promote people to take over grinding areas.
    This is how the Tier system would work:
    Tier 1: Levels 35-59
    1 Maximum Gachapon Tickets From Farming/Bosses/PQs
    Tier 2: Levels 60-79
    2 Maximum Gachapon Tickets From Farming/Bosses/PQs
    Tier 3: Levels 80-99
    3 maximum Gachapon Ticket from Farming/Bosses/PQs
    Tier 4: Levels 100-119
    4 Maximum Gachapon Tickets From Farming/Bosses/PQs
    Tier 5: Levels 120 +
    5 Maximum Gachapon Tickets From Farming/Bosses/PQs
    The tier system could be edited for balance reasons.
    This is per day, every day. It would prevent spawn killing bosses (What would be the point if you hit your maximum amount of tickets for the day)? It would prevent people from making 100 accounts to overflow themselves with gacha tickets. Higher level players would be able to have an advantage over lower level players for actually playing the game like it should be. You could add Tiers, subtract Tiers based on what the players want. I hope this wasn't too difficult for you to understand. Have a good day : )

17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:11 AM
    Moderator Post
    There will never be a feedback topic in Legends that won't be about Bishops, 0r topic changed to Bishops.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
  18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:11 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Andyman99999Andyman99999
    I don't think getting a daily cap on tickets is a good idea because it will "force" people to play until they reach their cap and then lose motivation because no tickets, and also reward the people making multiple accounts. Adding tickets as mob drops is a silly idea anyways.

Also you are quite rude, try to relax a little.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    9:11 AM
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Can we try to keep the thread from turning into yet another bishop discussion? Also, Andyman99999Andyman99999 you are getting personal with some of your comments. Calling people "dumb as a ton of bricks" and "the biggest joke of all time" isn't nice. Please try to keep things civil and level-headed. Thank you.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I only fight fire with fire. Did you miss this part:
    "It just shows how utterly inept you are at the game and blinded by jealousy."
    That's some pretty big statements from someone who doesn't even know me at all. Are you denying the truth in my words? All I basically ever said that it is complete bullshit to, "Let me quote dragonball z here to show you how it feels. "Work so hard, for so little". If you know you've spent much more time then other people doing something, don't you think you deserve to do about the same, if not better? You should be more or less equal in some way to that person. I don't think that it's too much to ask for. I have NEVER said that all classes should play the same. All I have ever said is that certain things are greatly unbalanced. There is no maybe, it's the truth. Having someone better you in three aspects does not equal to you being better then they are in one.
    You would still have to level a character and get it to level 35 to even gacha, and you could only get one extra ticket. This could be raised. Have fun leveling a character to 35 each time to get one extra ticket. Adjust the first tier to level 50. That way they would have to create a character, level it to 50 before they can even get extra tickets. Shit if you're really that concerned about people making accounts, 120 + are the only people who can get these extra tickets. I was only trying to help the lower levels and give them a reason to play some.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.