1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Level to Fight Zakum

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Jelkan, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    2:39 AM
    A friend (60 Spearman) and I (68 cleric) are playing Maplestory together when we both are online. We're both pretty interested in getting a Zakum helmet so we've been saving up money to pay for a run, but I was wondering what it would take for us to duo Zakum. I'm guessing even suggesting that at this level is kind of laughable, but I've never fought him. It would be nice if this would be possible in the semi-near future so we could save the mesos for other upgrades.

I'm not aiming for a well done or fast kill, I'm just wondering what kind of level/accuracy/other factors would be necessary for this to technically be possible, even if it took us a couple hours to kill him. I've heard he does around 2100 damage/hit, but between hyperbody and magic guard it seems like we are both already capable of surviving if we're on our toes healing/using potions the whole time. I'm going to guess that the real problem here will be hitting Zakum. Would we even be able to hit him at our level? Is there a time limit on the fight? I'm thinking this idea will be a no-go but I figured I'd try picking the brains of some veterans first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    7:39 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    At least 4th job, even it would take hours and hours

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    11:39 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Bishops cant attack really, only your friend would be able to attack and as Madiba said, even if you were 4th job with godly gear it would still take hours.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    6:39 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    There was once a lvl180+ Hero in TMS that took 3 hours to solo zakum back in 2007.
    Survival for you guys at this point of time is one thing but you'll probably not be able to take it down as a duo until you add in about at least a hundred more levels for both of yourselves along with equipment upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    5:39 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    It's all about teamwork, not individuality, you don't need to be able to do everything, you just have to play your role well, where a squad is willing to take you in, and fight them as a team.

Gear up, team up, and roll!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5p-7grpLo

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Alright, thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. We'll finish saving for zhelm runs as I'm not planning to wait 70-100 levels to get a helm >.>

Edit: It looked like it double posted so I deleted one of them and both disappeared. Posting the response again heh.

7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    5:39 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    save some meso and you will get to buy one at lvl50, zakum helmet is only 40m market price

8. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    TBH, My friend (14x archmage) took 3-4hours to solo zakum. So it is actually doable for you and your friend. Once you get to 4th job and learned genesis. You should do alot of damage during arm stage. and the rest should just mainly Angel Ray and your friend killing zakum. I would say it will take around 3 hours as well for you 2 to duo zakum. But regardless of anything, 4th job is definitely required by both of you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    "only"

10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I had 50m by lvl 50. One can easily get this much by voting and completing quests.

11. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    10:39 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Took me and FrancoFranco around 2hrs(?) to duo zak 2yrs ago, this was at 15x. Drk tend to have more dmg than shads so maybe you'll pull it off around 13x in the sametime if geared :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    I have a much better idea on when it might be feasible for us to take on Zakum now. Thank you for the responses.

13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Please don't forget how costly pots are and that you cant solely rely on healing so the run will likely be much more expensive than just buying a zakum helmet. GL :)

14. OP
    OP
    Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    That sounds crazy. 40m worth of pots would be over 10,000 Ginger Ales, which restore 75% HP and MP each. Could two people even carry that many?

15. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    4:39 AM
    I think the appropriate level to do it in a reasonable time (no more than 2 hours) would be 140+ of course not solo/duo etc but at least a party of 6 made up of different classes. Having Sharp eyes makes it a lot faster. Time also depends on zak's behavior though i.e. how frequently ot casts weapon attack cancel.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    800 cheese per hour X 8 hours X 2 persons X 4500 mesos = 57,6M and thats not counting all cures, and this is just 1 run, its probably gonna take a few tries to succeed if its your first time trying zakum.

17. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Also, i forgot to mention this but you need 6 people to register to enter the altar. The other 4 can just register and not enter the altar

• Like Like x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    You've all shared a ton of information with me. I thank you all for the help and awesome response time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    5:39 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    yeah honestly, even if you took it to the time limit (4 hours), with only your bishop/dk duo you would probably need until level 140-150 to do it safely

• Like Like x 1