1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add a Mano Spawn every 2~ hours on Maple Island.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Qwyl, Jun 12, 2017.

Would you support a Mano spawn on Maple Island?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Other (Explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    11:23 PM
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I know this will probably be a hotly disputed topic but it's something I'd personally like to recommend. I was hoping we could get the islander community around this idea and have a positive, interesting change on the island. By adding a Mano spawn every 2~ hours to the map Snail Field of Flowers you allow islanders to boss and get new rare scrolls which will increase the amount of activity on the island. It gives us something new to do without making some new over-powered grinding area or changing something drastically.

This is something I've seen on other servers and has been mostly supported by the Islanding community. This addition doesn't break any of the current islanding mechanics as Manos experience payout is very low already. I'll leave a poll open to gauge support and resistance. If you do vote I would appreciate your reasoning behind your vote below, let's try not to get too angry :p

Something I'd like to point out to Islander purists is that this is a private server and we're already given non-vanilla treatment by having access to custom events that would have never happened on GMS.

• Like Like x 3
  2. transmition9

transmition9 Blue Snail

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    12:23 AM
    Octa
    Islander
    Amherst
    I agree with this idea 100%.

3. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    7:23 AM
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    How long would it take to kill Mano? If it's rather short, wouldn't this lead to islanders only focusing on killing Mano and nothing else, meaning that the islanders are only online when Mano spawns? How big of a problem would that be?

I'm not part of the islanding community so I wouldn't know the answers to this lmao but I thought it might be nice to dicuss lol bye

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    People are always suggesting let's add X to Maple Island. Let's give beginners special items and treatment. Let's bend over backwards and make all the events dull so that even islanders can participate in them.

The thing is, regardless of if it's GMS-like or purist vanilla, islanders are islanders for a reason. The main focus of being an islander is to restrict your content. Maple Island is Maple Island, a brief intro designed for low level players to learn the basics, level up quickly, and then leave.

If we start adding Mano, where does it end? I'm not really a fan of slippery slope arguments myself, but in this case it's a special circumstance. I think Maple Island should be left exactly as is because it's specifically designed to be someplace you are supposed to leave, not camp out and train and one day take on a boss. If you want to do that, leave maple island and level up your beginner as normal.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    1:23 AM
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    I completely support Lionheart's opinion.
    I think that islanders have already had plenty of new event items that GMS didn't provide in V62 such as: Super Snowboard (although it's limited), Valentine Rose and Lunch Box.
    There would be probably more that I don't know of since I recently made an islander.

Why do people choose to be an islander?
    People knew and accepted that they would have limited features for being an islander.
    What else would islanders need after Mano?
    More new weapons to use rare scrolls?

I'm not being negative or sarcastic to OP, but Maple Island should remain as same as now in my honest opinion.
    I know some of islanders may hate my comment according to poll, but everyone has the right to express one's own thought.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    10:23 PM
    Tbh, I tend to side with the argument that Maple Island should be left alone. Since MapleLegends is advertised as a very GMS-like server, once custom monsters/items/etc. starts being added to benefit Islanders, or whomever it may be, it begins to lose that likeness to GMS, and may turn future players off.

However, maybe more events geared towards Islanders would be a good alternative?

• Like Like x 2
  7. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    I do not have an islander and probablly never will but if the majority of islanders do in fact like this idea and is nothing too crazy why turn it down? It is literally their own world and do not affect anything outside maple island (such thing as adding a late game goal for islanders). Maybe the drops or exp would be a matter or arguing but if the idea is just to have something big to kill just for fun, I really don't see the point why not adding this. For me this is a matter of numbers, how many islanders are there and how many would like something like this being added... but it should most likekly depend on them rather than non islanders.

That is true but please correct me if I'm wrong but don't we already did that with end-game content that is not v62 but we do have in legends? And if the majority of islanders right now do like this manon feature for example, it is most likekly that future players (future islanders) also like the idea :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:23 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Mano are the boss of snails, adding it Maple Island is appropriate, removing any drops which you think might be island-breaking. Talking about exp, grinding normally gives more exp than killing mano, so it isn't a problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The majority of islanders want this? That's news to me. I actually know there's many islanders that don't want Maple Island touched.

But who does this affect? It doesn't just affect islanders. It affects everyone, since all players begin their journey on Maple Island. And even some players that don't intend to stay still like to explore.

The problem I think is that if this server wants to advertise itself as nostalgic (even though it's technically not true with all the additional features) it really breaks that promise if we find all kinds of new stuff on Maple Island. In late game I can perfectly understand, since there's only so much content and players need something to work towards.

And also, having super islanders kind of defeats the purpose of Maple Island. Another reason it exists is to separate the completely new players from older players, so they don't get bullied. So what happens when we make Maple Island more appealing and add all kinds of new stuff to it? It's no longer nostalgic, and then it introduces new risk of high level players bullying low level players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I'd like to dissect your points and talk about each individually.

The majority of islanders, as of right now (Based on the poll results.) are either okay with this change--or they want it. I've talked to many people who haven't voted on the thread and are just indifferent about it.

As far as maple island being touched, you're correct. There are a number of islanders already upset with the changes made. If the island were wiped and all traces of event items deleted then perhaps we could dream of an untouched island. At the moment people have dozens of items that would have been impossible to attain on GMS v62.

As far as it affecting everyone, Mano is a lower leveled boss barely capable of hurting players. The map he would be located in is also one of the least traveled maps in the entire game. Also, the spawn point I would suggest would be at the bottom of said map, which would make it even less likely for a player to see it.

The server is in the same vein of nostalgia as all the other v62 servers. Not a single one of them is a base v62 server and I agree with almost all the changes implemented here. You can still be a nostalgic server while having different and unique ideas/features. People like change and if there was a market for a purely nostalgic v62 server one would be popular. However, one does not currently exist.

Super islanders have been made through events that allowed islanders to participate. "HOW DARE WE ALLOW A CHUNK OF OUR PLAYERBASE TO PARTICIPATE AND HAVE FUN IN EVENTS?!" Yeah, ok. The point of having a private server is to not fuck up where Neckson did...In fact the point is to do better than them.

We don't need to add all kinds of new things, this isn't asking for a lot. This is asking for a single mob spawn in 1 map every couple of hours. Your reaction to this is over the top. The whole point of this suggestion is to accomplish something small without going to the extreme lengths of adding lots of content for islanders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    How do you know that? Anyone can vote in these polls, not just islanders.

My reaction isn't "over the top" just because I disagree with you. I believe Maple Island should be untouched. Completely.

How much change is too much change? Apparently you think a little change is ok. Fair enough, that's your opinion, but don't attack me because I disagree. Think of it like this:

How much smoking is too much smoking? Maybe in this instance, you'd be a guy saying it's ok for people to have a cigarette once a week. As for me, I'd firmly say zero, never, ever.

12. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I tried my hardest not to be offensive and realize that yeah, my message is rude. I'm sorry about that bud, not my intention. I honestly end up getting heated in an argument and I need to watch myself more carefully.
    It's fine to have a disagreement, have a good night.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JBeebzOnly12

JBeebzOnly12 Brown Teddy

Feb 2, 2017
    Male
    USA, Arizona
    10:23 PM
    Desolate
    Islander
    Desolate
    Well before anyone roasts Land on "Island tradition"...since when did we the island get Super Snowboards...or Golden Surfboards for that matter? :roflmao:
    I definitely see both sides, I would like the island to be %100 GMS-like, but thats not the reality..so adding Mano isn't the craziest idea.
    SlimeLove

• Like Like x 2
  14. JustinBaxter

JustinBaxter Snail

Jun 13, 2017
    Male
    JustinBA
    Crusader
    Prime
    I'm not as high level as the other people posting here but I honestly think that this would be a positive edition to the island.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    No thank you, its about time mapleisland got a bit more quiet again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    I didn't read all of the replies but I think Maple Island should be... just Maple Island (LionheartLionheart and CHANELCHANEL already said). That's honestly the choice you make by staying there. Seems to be what islanding is about to me.

I actually disagree here. On most part the items that are on Maple Island now were also available back in the old days. Maple weapons and roses did drop from monsters if I recall correctly. There have been a few additions but that's mostly because in the end, the island isn't the main priority of events - as it shouldn't be.

Adding that boss would actually change the playing field. It brings a whole slew of scrolls (which will be far more powerful than the new weapons introduced by events - cause the scrolls have no level limit). It will also make farming scrolls way more easily.

In general suggestions to add new content to Maple Island feel a lot like "we got A, so now we want B". It's never going to be enough and in my opinion it's against the spirit of islanding.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Qwyl

Qwyl King Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Land
    Islander
    Amherst
    I agree, it's about time Legends got a bit more quiet again. I'm glad we both like the idea of inactive players.

I don't think you ever played an islander on GMS. Valentine roses were possible to get. As far as the slippery slope argument, it's a weak one. This isn't asking for a ridiculous amount.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. transmition9

transmition9 Blue Snail

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Octa
    Islander
    Amherst
    One of the most civilized answers here. You openly admit opposition, but stay open-minded. A much better response than people who don't even island and think that just because it goes against what they think, that's the way it should be, even though it had literally 0 effect on them.

Edit: Also, in my opinion, if you are using the purity argument, it should apply to the whole server. Is NX free in GMS? No. are the rates 2/1/1/3 in GMS? Nah, they are 1/1/1/1. This is a private server, if you can't get over the fact that there are going to be some differences, maybe you shouldn't play it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    1:23 AM
    Everwind
    Page
    As an islander I think it would be fun to add something like this. 99% of the community would honestly never even see this so I don't see why not.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. transmition9

transmition9 Blue Snail

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Octa
    Islander
    Amherst
    You are an islander, your voice should be heard on this.