1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - July 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    12:15 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    To me it wouldn't even be the fact that I wouldve had to vote more then a player now to reach the same point. We old players have an advantage over the new players because we have invested more time when they perhaps didn't even know the server existed.
    I simply don't see why you should make something that is already very easy (like I said less then 1 month of voting in order to be able to horntail), more easy. When you only have exp left to go for (items are getting easier and easier to get, and perfect weapons are flooding the market, and you take away the challenge of washing) the server get super boring.
    The way it is currently you have to improve on different aspects (gear, level and hp), and because of this it doesn't get stale (as quickly).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    6:15 PM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    wait do you are legit acknowledging that legends is giving a fuck you to older players?

not usually one to say this but are you fucking kidding me?

edit: there's nothing inherently wrong with reducing ap reset prices to make things less tedious. the issue is that it wasn't done at the start of the server. the second issue is that this change came out of nowhere.

imagine adding events or gameplay options where both old and new players could benefit from the change, like the last event where you could hunt items for exchanging ap resets or gach. THAT was a great idea. not this ... shit

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Luis

Luis Slime

Apr 11, 2017
    None
    Beginner
    I don´t think PB will ever be introduced, CWKPQ in the other hand...

4. Phantom

Phantom Horny Mushroom

Mar 27, 2016
    5:15 PM
    Was a sarcastic remark, Kim already doesn't believe we can handle it...

5. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    10K/5 seems fair enough. It's a decent pricecut and it doesn't completely trivialise washing.

I'm pretty sure some old players will still not like this but I don't think it's quite the doom and gloom scenario they paint. They have the benefit of having played much longer and amassed more funds and better gear so it's not like they'll get replaced at runs. New players will take a looong time before they can start catching up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I'll have a fleshed out reply when I get off work.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    you could also just decrease the price of ap reset by 100 cash every new patch until a set price for a slow change but idk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Buma

Buma Orange Mushroom

Dec 25, 2016
    1:15 AM
    Dobi
    Marksman
    I like this.
    Rip old players.
    :heart: Maplelegends :heart:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    She changed the price to 2,500 NX if you guys did not see that post. It WAS cheap maybe a little too cheap but there is nothing wrong with 2,500. The old players wont feel "screwed" and it makes it easier for future players. Players who are raging right now need to just calm the flip down, and yes I censored myself. It is very immature to not accept change, even if the change is small. They get that the AP reset reduction is something that you would have liked when you were starting out but now your characters have grown and those who were super serious with washing are done or are almost done and now they can finish a little faster. 2,500NX AP resets shouldn't make anyone feel like deleting any characters even with the bundle. Some of you old players need to stop and think about Maplelegends and its future instead of yourself. Change happens and yes there is always a group who do not like it, but just give it time and maybe it'll grow on you, please stop and think.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  10. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Lmao they did did not change it to 2500 NX. Ap resets are 2000 NX (in the latest update), the 2500 is just a decoy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    But that is not my point, please read the rest of my post. While you are basically right its still something that should not be that big of a deal. I could see how it would a big deal if this was real life money but we are talking about the players that get 5k everyday. If you spent real life money that you want refunded then that was kind of your fault because you didn't want to wait.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
  12. Prunestar

Prunestar Red Snail

Apr 7, 2017
    6:15 AM
    Prunestar
    Bishop
    Demure
    but time is money LUL

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    "Mom I'll go get a job after I wash to 30K I promise"

It's a Korean cartoon mmo, not something that actually matters.

14. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    hey fellow legends players

First of all you're not screwed if you don't wash. We did plenty of Horntail runs with 'Luigiano' a bowmaster who isn't washed. For Horntail as non mage it is nice to have min. 5600 HP, because HT hits around 5400 after legs and tails. During legs and tails HT hits around 7800. You need 4900 HP and HB to survive this. Luigiano's HP is around 5k and has done enough runs. Was it a big struggle? No, he just called out when he get dispelled so the DK can HB him. Even when this went wrong, you can always resurrect. You're not screwed at HT if u dont wash, its just nice to have. This is what maplestory should be like, where you have use of different jobs to defeat a boss. The use of DK and bishops for example.

Second of all if we gonna look at the problem, which is 'players refusing to play until they voted for months, so they can wash properly, which isn't considered as challenging'

i agree voting isn't challenging (even though i fail the CAPTCHA sometimes, because of framedrops), but the solution we got here is that we reduce the AP reset price, which is basicly reducing the waiting time (which is still keeping players on that inactive mode, that we rather don't have).

i think we got a better solution, that was already there and like deribou mentioned in his previous post.
    The solution where the user has to hunt items to trade it for AP reset (or hunting gacha) seems like the right solution. First of all you make this HP washing process a challenge of hunting items and you will also stimulate the players who are just 'voting and waiting to play' to actually play the game and be active to speed up their HP washing process. Second of all you will have the hunting gach option for people who doesn't wash or are done with washing. I believe that this is the solution to satisfy the newer and the older players.

Correct me if i'm wrong ~

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  15. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    2k each is still a huge discount.. for such thing as ap reset. i think u shouldnt change the price AT ALL and this is why::
    first there is the lost vote points seems like all old players wasted months of daily voting.
    second thing is that new players will have MORE HP then older players why? becuz they will add more base int and reset it later much faster... so they will reach higher hp.
    this fact makes me consider to remake my hermit and thats another MONTHS OF WORK since i cant grind more then 1-2 hours a day.
    so its not just the lost vote points!
    and third thing is the reason why u do dis? why??? fact is u need 1 months of vote points to get to horned tail (endgame boss) as a NIGHT LORD which is not MONTHS AND MOTHNS!!. and getting to ht level just to be usfull there) takes even more time then that!.
    one last thing is i want to say i feel less motivation to play the server after i saw this...
    RECONSIDER PLEASE

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    11:15 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Not going to lie KimberlyKimberly , as someone who played since day 1.. this is a huge "fuck you" to your original player-base before the facebook AD.

Washing a complete Night Lord actually felt like an accomplishment, please don't take that away from people.

yours sincerely,
    Someone who spent over a year washing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I like what Gi said and personally I don't really mind the cost going down but run a formula to check how much each player has washed(average) since the values are a range and just refund nx lost.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    What? Many old players have spent a good amount of time, 6 to 12 months (or even more) to wash, and you don't see why this is a big deal to them?

Time IS money.
    The new change cuts the washing time by a little over a 3rd, if older players had the price we are about to have now they would've been more free to do other things with their leftover nx. When your currency is limited by time, it's a pretty big deal when changes are made that are related to it.

The older players feel screwed because they were screwed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    The latest patch is from April 19th.

While true, nevermind. Server time =/= my time, wasn't thinking

20. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    **sorry for my english blame israel education system**
    Hey all... im here since aug 2015
    My first player was a dk and guess what i washed him. 3 month give or take.. around 120 ap resets. It was hell... and even when i got 4th job. I didnt finish washing so couldnt use my main skill (zerk).
    Latly i didnt play much because life took over. I still play tring to get better gear and lvl with bfs and HT on weekend. But as yoh all know maple is all or nothing, if your not completly in it its just.. mehh.
    So i try my best to stay here because i love this server and although i miss the small community i still wanna stay here and maybe i dunno get 200? (LUL)
    I truly think this patch will be the last straw a massive fuck you to the face.
    I just cant understand why not motivate to play the game other then reduce thr waiting time by 33% and pit more gach in the server then it is...
    A daily quest who gives 1 ap reset from just killing mobs.... and WOW you reduce the time of washing by same rate BUT player will accually log in.

Please remember who stayed by the server when days was much harder then some random attack.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1