1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    4:03 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    This is something that hasn't been brought up yet that is still pretty important IMO; the price on all the Gacha items took a complete nosedive in the last months, thanks to the huge influx. Just as things felt like they were starting to stabilize again, we all got 40k NX, and I saw flocks of people going to Shrine gaching that NX away. By the next day, the price on most Dark scrolls had dropped by another 10-15%. Been keeping a close eye on this for the scroll price list, and it's been pretty rough.
    Taking myself, for example, I'm pretty confident that with the new prices, I have enough to fully wash my character and have a ton of leftover NX, where I'd drop most (if not all) on Gach, which would dip things even more. (On a side note, if the summer event gets us a bunch of WS/CS like the Anniversary Event... RIP prices)

Leaning more towards keeping the same price and adding a way to hunt them. Doesn't even need to be a quest; could just be something like this;
    - Lower the drop rate of the silver Hunting Gachapon tickets.
    - Introduce a new ticket; golden(?) Gachapon tickets, that can be traded in for either a AP Reset, or a Hunting Gachapon if you do not need/want to wash or reset.
    This way, prices can be kept at their current 3100 NX per, while giving a way to get extra AP Resets through work/grinding, and not penalizing those that do not want them.
    Plenty of solutions that would make everyone* happy.
    *read: most people

• Like Like x 6
  2. MattyIce

MattyIce Mushmom

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    Soju
    Night Lord
    Demure
    My prayers have been answered.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Friender

Friender Blue Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    3:03 AM
    This. One hundred million infinity times THIS. ANYONE who is arguing that Legends should "Stay true to old MapleStory" is an incorrect. If it was going to stay true to old MapleStory, you might as well remove the cash shop because 13 year old you who played old Maplestory didn't have money or a credit card to spend on it. I doubt that ANYONE here was able to spend $5 a day on Cash Shop items in old MapleStory.
    If people want to stay true to old school MapleStory or think that Legends stays true to old MapleStory, they are factually incorrect. MapleLegends does not stay true to Old School MapleStory. Old School didn't have gachapon tickets drop from enemies, didn't have Bowmen buffed and didn't have x2 EXP.
    I welcome any changes to AP resets. If I want to play Maple Legends optimally, I am better off creating an account, creating a character and not playing for 144 days and just voting every day so I can buy AP resets.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    1:03 AM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    leave it @ 1.6k nx let everyone cry like little babies KAPPAZ LEGO

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. DesuYo

DesuYo Mano

May 26, 2017
    Female
    I feel that anyone suggesting a daily quest for AP resets as a solution is missing the point entirely. By doing this, you're still limiting the amount of AP resets a player can accumulate per day... so this doesn't solve the wait2win problem at all. Yes, of course it is a quest and so there is gameplay involved, but the primary barrier to your HP washing goal still remains the same: waiting. It really has the exact same effect as lowering the cost of AP resets; w2w still exists and veterans are still pissed off about their w2w in the past being much more tedious.

Either go all in and make major changes to the game in order to finally dispose of this absurd w2w game mechanic, or keep it exactly as it always was as to not upset the significant veteran playerbase. Just reducing the amount of waiting involved in w2w is really the worst thing that can be done.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    9:03 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I dont see the problem with the price reduction, shortly after joining this server i was given the basics on hp washing and pretty much spent all my vote nx on doing so. Its nice that i have a bit more left over each day that i can fanny about with, that said i like the idea of them dropping like hunting gach also, nothing better than spamming 'Gach tickeeeeet~~~' in Buddy/guild chat.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    10:03 AM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    ─=≡Σ(((༼つಠ益ಠ༽つ WE NEED THE 1.6k NX RESETS! ლ( `Д’ ლ)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo Master Chronos

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    I think it should stay as is....it would be unfair to those who suffered before hand.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. sleepykaye

sleepykaye Snail

Jun 24, 2017
    sleepykaye
    Beginner
    Is it not possible to put in a full AP reset that fresh resets your stats? maybe make it a really high pricepoint but to save the pain of purchasing them manually?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  10. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    That's even worse than a price reduction, unless you make it something like 1 Million NX (And even then...) . Would definitely not help with the issue the players voiced in this thread.

11. Granberg

Granberg The one and only

May 13, 2015
    Male
    Granberg
    Ranger
    Quest
    Life isn't fair, get use to it....

:pinkbean:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I mostly agree with ZeretiusZeretius that a combination would be best. Either keep the 3100nx per reset, or slightly reduce to like 2700nx per reset alongside an in-game method. In-game method could either be similar to hunting gach, or a daily system.

My other concern is with the sudden available NX that will be dumped into gach.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Aeom

Aeom Slime

May 29, 2017
    Female
    Aeom
    Marksman
    Shinsoo
    The majority of Legends current player base are new; myself included. So no matter how the poll turns out, the advantage of votes will definitely be on the newer player base. I've yet to spend any nx on a single ap reset but I do plan to do so in the future.

Time and luck are a few of the most determining factors in maple gameplay and the price of lost time can never truly be properly compensated. The price drop from 3.1k to 1.6k to 2.5k per ap reset is still pretty dam GHASTLY.

Just imagine investing a solid chunk of your time (x amount of days, months, yrs even, voting) and the efforts into grinding every nitty gritty level, or spending every single looted/earned meso to buy leech, or all those painful pqs/boat ride, and etc more onto a char youve washed.

That char is your freaking MASTERPIECE, its your decked out Lamborgi, your million dollar house, YOUR most prized trophy. But with the decrease in price with ap resets, your lamborgi was destroyed, your million dollar house property value plummets, your prized trophy dented and no longer shines.

Compared to other servers, I believe one of Legends top appeals is the bumpy journey to top is not with ease. I understand that the staff team cannot satisfy everyone but thank you for making lengends as successful as it is today.

If a change must be implemented, I suggest keeping ap resets at 3.1k with the new addition of 4 AP resets per 10k.
    Cause you know, any new discount changes on AP resets benefits me too..:laugh:;)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Eggplant

Eggplant Horny Mushroom

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    Eggplant
    F/P Arch Mage
    Wait. Shit's getting cheaper and people are complaining?

You're mad that you spent more and people after you will spend less?
    Who gives a fuck? Cheap is good.

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Dont make it about drops/Quests, im hjere for one reason and that is to play old maple.. Just as it was in the old days, and Legends have 1 thing over royals that i like, and that is that they dont have so much custom stuff. Either lower the price or let it be as it was in the old days. Beacouse if things keep escalating like this (Changes here and there....) I se no reason why i shouldnt play Royals with 4x exp instead of 2x exp here.

So i repeat: Let it be the way it was, or lower the price...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Noctus

Noctus Red Snail

Jul 4, 2017
    My personal problem with HP washing isn't really the time or price tbh. I'm fine with w2w and having to work hard for my character over time. Many people already mentioned getting spoon fed isn't what they want in legends.

My main issue is the whole idea that if you didn't start your character from scratch with the expectation to essentially "be the very best", your character is shafted from the get-go with literally no way to recover save completely remaking unless you played a mage. This type of progression really discourages new and casual players and not really for any good reason except "that was how it is back in reg MS" (which is kind of dumb to begin with, as no one back in those days except the SUPER tryhards even worried about HP washing). many casual players who started for nostalgia or something may WANT to go more seriously but find that they have to completely obliterate all their hard work in their character and restart. Yeah they'll have some gears and maybe have an easier time, but the whole idea of basically being forced to remake simply because you didn't make a pretty counter intuitive decision(adding int in a non-int based class, weakening your character in the process like???) just leave a bad taste in my mouth. This is especially awkward considering the fact that HP washing is REQUIRED for ranged classes to even be able to survive Horntail(and needing a significant amount of int too; assuming you're unfunded, 70 base int just to hit the BARE MINIMUM is pretty steep), that just baffles me; it's one thing to plan way ahead so you have an easier time, it's a totally different thing to be gated completely.

Changing AP reset price feels like a band aid solution to me, and may affect economy negatively. I feel like a better way to go is scrape the entire HP washing system and add a cash item that gives x amount of max HP each(priced equal or even maybe even slightly higher than AP resets if they give more HP than per HP washing). Up to a certain cap per class, anything between 6-8k for ranged classes and higher for bulkier classes. This way DrKs aren't completely rendered useless, as most class would still need HB to survive, while still keeping the AP sink part of the HP washing to prevent price inflations.

The issue is of course, there're already some people past any reasonable HP cap for classes, so they'd have to be either compensated or just have some super limited crazy character lol.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Well if you want it just as it was in the old days, then we should make AP Resets a donator-only item.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Friender

Friender Blue Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    Yes! I agree with this. People who say they shouldn't change AP resets because it's "not like old Maple" are wrong. If they wanted it to be like old MapleStory then the devs of Maple Legends should make people have to pay $80+ to make an optimal character! Then it would be like REAL MapleStory /sarcasm
    This entire post sums up exactly how I feel, besides being okay with "wait2win". HP Washing is such an obscure meta-game strategy and the fact that it is REQUIRED to do to play against some bosses is ridiculous! In old MapleStory, no one in their right minds would make what seems like an absolutely brainless decision (putting AP into INT as a warrior) and know that it was gonna work out. 98% of the playerbase at that time didn't even know about this meta strategy that you could only find out about online. In fact, most people in old MapleStory, if they knew about HP Washing, wouldn't even be able to do it because they're 13 year olds and can't blow $80+ REAL LIFE DOLLARS on an MMO character. I've never heard of an RPG where you couldn't build your character optimally because you couldn't spend enough REAL LIFE DOLLARS. Imagine that in any other MMO and it's ridiculous. MapleLegends can fix this issue. This may be a radical opinion, but I think the server has already done enough to "refine" the old MapleStory experience, without losing it completely so why not remove this archaic meta-gaming feature that EVERY CLASS BESIDES MAGES needs to do?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    [​IMG]
    I'msorrybut

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:03 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Before anyone says "oh you are an old player, you are only against the ap resets price drop because you already finished washing": I deleted my fully washed lvl 170+ dk and my fully washed lvl 150+ BM and I am currently washing another dk to 30k hp again. Therefore my post is not actually biased at all.

Washing a dk to have enough 30k hp with hb at lvl 130 (which is around when you can zerk) takes around 220 resets (682,000 nx). For a NL/BM to have enough hp to do ht at lvl 150, you need around 150 resets (465,000 nx). This means it's 137 days of voting for dks and for the rest of the jobs is generally less. That is 4 months you need to wait out the nx, it's not that much. In that time you can actually train your character to get to the lvl that you aim your hp for and then use the rest of the time to scroll gear or farm meso to buy gear so that your attacker isn't garbage. If you have 30k hp on a dk or 8k on an attacker with hb, it wont make your damage higher, it will only make you able to boss. Might as well use the time where you "wait2win" as someone mentioned (wait2win is a stupid term for this situation because it's not like waiting to get cash for ap resets will make you a decent attacker, it will just give you hp, not damage) to farm and gear yourself. Honestly if people don't like the waiting aspect for the washing, they should just leave the server. It was a feature of Legends that you knew was there and you still played the server regardless of it being there and accepted it for what it was.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3