1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. exenet

exenet Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    11:55 AM
    I don't get how some people consider lowering the price of resets as a decrease in difficulty. Its not like you originally worked for it, you just go through effortless voting and eventually get enough for your goal, however long it may be. This just decreases the time for people to be able to finish up their washing which should be a positive. I'm also pretty sure 99% of nostalgic players didn't know or go through the process in gms anyway.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. DesuYo

DesuYo Mano

May 26, 2017
    Female
    Oh give me a break, you're seriously saying that because waiting isn't the only part of the process that it isn't significant? What happens when I achieve my level/gear goals before I achieve my NX cash goal? What am I forced to do then? As it stands, waiting around to vote for NX is a necessary part of the process of creating a bossing character, so there absolutely is a "wait2win" element, and the fact that getting geared up is also a part of the process doesn't change that.

It's like saying "pay2win is a stupid term because it's not like paying will get you EXP, it only gets you EXP multipliers!", it's ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    6:55 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    im sorry is someone forcing you to wash????
    you want max dpm as a dk? you want 8k hp as a NL?
    you wait!

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  4. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Slinging mud from one side to another isn't really going to do much; If you feel strongly about the AP reset changes, then make a suggestion (like the one I made winkwinknudgenudge opinions please https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-tickets-a-new-way-to-obtain-ap-resets.13491/ )
    I think it's pretty clear that they aren't just going to massively drop the price without some more lengthy discussions beforehand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:55 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Perfect weapon in 4 months? LUL
    I'm done with you

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Pommer

Pommer Blue Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Fisher
    Corsair
    Give all classes a well rounded buff to max HP so it counts up to enough to boss. Problem solved. HP washing is something people did not do in Maplestory. NOBODY payed $500 USD to make an optimal bowman. We should not have to gimp ourselves just to be able to do our job, as a bossing character. Its idiotic to just reduce the wait time, when wait time can just be removed. HP washing can stay, that is fine, for people who want extra stats. But if every character had the base HP to begin with, then there would be no need for casual players to delve into this madness.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    11:55 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Not without making it much too easy for already "safe" classes like warriors and buccs.

Balancing any game is hard and frequently causes flamewars on game forums for this reason.

8. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Biggest issue with that is that it makes the game MUCH easier/safer as a whole, which I'm pretty sure is not something this server would aim to do. If you think the outrage over the price reduction was bad, then I wouldn't want to see how it would be if people logged in with 2k extra HP on their Night Lords.
    A lot of people most certainly did pay hundreds of dollar in vanilla MS to wash their characters for bossing. Just not our generation of 13-year-olds at the time. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:55 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Read this sentence again and think about what you just said.

Gear goal? 4 months? Come on...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Pommer

Pommer Blue Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Fisher
    Corsair
    I'm sure there is some workaround to that making mobbing or other activities easier. I can't one man the whole plan. It's just like... the fact that people DID do it doesn't make it OK. Its still ass to have to entrench for the long run and plan around HP washing. Crippling yourself for the sake of efficiency just isn't fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Point is, most people on this server don't want it to be easy. They don't want everyone to have access to Horntail one month after joining the server. We joined this server because we played during Maple's earliest days, where a lot of things was hell... and we enjoyed every second of it, so we're back for more.
    If we wanted easier mobbing, easier travelling, tankier characters or anything of the sort, we'd go to other private servers that make our lives easier.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Pommer

Pommer Blue Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Fisher
    Corsair
    I don't want easy. I just don't want content locked behind this barrier of nonsense. Waiting and crippling yourself is not difficulty. There is nothing difficult about voting every day or investing in intelligence. It's just an annoyance barrier.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. ImadoriKei

ImadoriKei Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Female
    11:55 PM
    Beginner
    well im good with the changes.
    but would like to have a reinbursement of vote cash points on previous purchase of AP resets due to the change in cost.
    it would be better that way for everyone i believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    If we played the game as it should be, then you'd be going for HT at, for example for a Bowmaster, level 195+ without HP equips. Washing is an optional trick that lets you go at earlier levels.
    At the time, Horntail was the ultimate endgame boss; if you make washing too easy by crushing the price or something of the sort, then Horntail becomes way too easily achievable and everyone's Bishops are running around with Genesis 30 and Maple Warrior 20.
    I believed a price reduction was the best thing to do at first, but I now believe there are other alternatives; make washing a bit less tedious (while making people work for it) by making AP resets obtainable through other means than the cash shop (while leaving the price intact.) This is probably the solution that would get the most support from both sides.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DesuYo

DesuYo Mano

May 26, 2017
    Female
    Congratulations on completely missing the point SlimeXD

• Like Like x 1
  16. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    5:55 PM
    see the thing is its not wait2win because you dont really have to wait
    you can boss without having 30k hp

• Like Like x 2
  17. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    6:55 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    ty mama always told me i was smart

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:55 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Wait2win really isn't an appropriate term because, as we pointed out, there should never be a period of time where you're unable to play in a productive manner.

The premise of being geared up and ready for bossing before you reach your HP goal is ridiculous. It's not going to happen under normal circumstances.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:55 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Who knows? Maybe DesuYo was planning on duping ws OnionListen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. DesuYo

DesuYo Mano

May 26, 2017
    Female
    Is "wait4hitpoints" satisfactory for you, then? The point is that your progression in one aspect of the game is entirely dependent on waiting rather than actually playing. Telling me that I could just go progress in some other area of the game during the waiting doesn't change how stupid it is.

• Like Like x 2