1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Gach Tickets: A new way to obtain AP Resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Piety, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    9:45 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    I mentioned it in the other thread, but I figured I'd just give this it's own thread now that the price reduction has officially been set aside while more options are considered. So here!

One of the main arguments I saw from the older players against the price reduction (and favoring a quest/drop system) was that the reduction was basically just giving ''free'' stuff to the player; basically just making it too easy on the newbies.
    Some new players also voiced that they would like the reduction simply because they didn't want to have to ''Not play for 6 months, waiting to have enough cash to wash out their character for it to be viable''.

I feel like the best middle-ground to this that would make the most people happy would be to keep the current price of AP resets, but to add an alternative way of getting them that requires work and effort. We had the anniversary event quest from Cody, which seemed to be appreciated by players (although it was pretty tedious due to the players having to farm specific monsters from them), so here's the idea;

Add a new type of droppable Gachapon ticket to the game; Golden Gachapon Ticket
    [​IMG]
    So shiny!MapleF11

The idea would be that you could trade in these tickets to a NPC (Or as Nubjulez mentioned, directly at Gachapons) that would let you trade it in for either 1x AP Reset or 1x Hunting Gachapon Ticket.
    Finding a Hunting ticket from a mob always feels great; now imagine finding a golden one sometimes!
    Basically, with this implementation, the current drop rate for Hunting tickets should be reduced, and whatever rate it's reduced for, be replaced with Golden ticket drops. The goal of this is not to give people more Gach rolls; the current economy does not need an increasing amount of dark scrolls and the such. What this would do is let people who want to wash a character accumulate some more AP resets through work and effort, trading chances at more money via tickets for a faster wash, while letting other players who do not need them/care about them simply trade them in for Hunting Gachapon tickets.

Just something I thought about while the whole debate happened earlier; I'd like to get the opinions of the more vocal people in the earlier threads! Cheers ♥

EDIT: Just to make it clear, this does NOT augment the number of Gachapon tickets/gached items. It would basically replace a percentage of the current drops to Golden tickets, which can be turned into either a reset or a Hunting. Since some people would keep them for resets, it would DECREASE the number of gached items slightly, maybe even helping putting a small break on the current crash of prices.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like x 15
    • Creative x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:45 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    It's not a bad idea and I wouldn't dismiss right away but it would require some polishing since I believe that anything involving a change of drop rate for hunting gach tix needs to be balanced delicately and needs to be looked at very seriously. Going back to towards the old days of the economy being completely dead, even if only slightly, is not something I want to happen.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    i was going to say, maybe keep the current hunting gach but enable trading hunting gachapon for ap resets (i.e 4 hunting gach for 1 ap reset) but this works as well

4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:45 PM
    This ideas really cool - but balancing rates is extremely hard.. :(
    If implemented in a proper way, it could help make scrolls a tiny bit rarer (raising their price to a healthy rate) AND reward active players with AP resets.

5. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I think this is why my suggestion as it is would keep ticket drop rate the same as they are; I might not have worded it the best way, but basically instead of getting 100% Hunting Gachapon Tickets, you could get something like 60% Hunting/40% Golden. Obviously, discussion/fine tuning would be required!
    A slight reduction to the number of Gached scrolls might have been a bit scary in the older days when everything was scarce, but the market is exploding with scrolls right now, so the small reduction (from people not trading Golden tickets to Huntings) would really not hurt much.

I feel like 4-1 is a pretty rough rate for Huntings, I sometimes go one full evening with zero or only one ticket, so having to trade multiple tickets for one AP reset would kinda ''feel bad'' for players, while this one just makes for an exciting find/drop for players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:45 PM
    Yeah this is exactly what i mean :D
    Id be down for 50/50 - could make the exchange for hunting gach/AP resets directly AT gachapon too

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    6:45 AM
    I really like this idea, but it would definitely need some polishing.

Right now, the idea looks like this:
    • AP Resets are obtainable for 3.1k NX
    • AP Resets are obtainable for Hunting Gachapon tickets
    • Gachapon is obtained through 1k, 10k, or 30k NX Cash purchases
    • Gachapon is obtain through golden and silver Hunting Gachapon tickets
    I think that's too many ways of obtaining gachapon and could hurt the economy in the long run. I'd vote for eliminating the silver hunting gach, and have one golden ticket be traded for either an AP Reset or a Gachapon ticket, as it kind of balances both ways of obtaining resets and gachapon.

8. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    My suggestion, as it is, would decrease the number of items being Gached, so I'm not sure I understand how this could hurt the economy :p

... I didn't even think about the NPC just being a 3rd option at Gachapons, after the Cash or Hunting options. +1!

9. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Ah I see, I must've missed that.

10. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Would hunting gachapon have different items than NX gachapon?

11. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    You've kind of lost me; when I refer to Hunting Gachapon, I refer to the currently in-game silver coupons that you can find from any enemy in the game. But yes, these coupons give better items than NX coupons.
    My suggestion would take a percentage of these coupons, and change them to Golden ones, which can be exchanged for either a Hunting Ticket, or a AP reset.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    7:45 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I think this is a good concept, but like others have pointed out, the rates need to be carefully considered and tested. Can't just be randomly set through gut feelings like that staff discord photo floating around when it came to changing and setting AP reset prices.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Yeah, as I mentioned above, It's something that's a bit touchy; this is why as it is my suggestion would simply replace a percentage of the current Hunting drops to Golden ones, basically keeping the exact same drop rate for coupons overall, which is probably a pretty safe bet right now. ♥

14. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    3:45 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    The current hunting gacha tickets work different than the NX ones you buy on the CS, so the change in the market would be only to some rare items (considering that hunting has a slightly higher rate for those than the NX ones) but the change would be small.

Also considering that you could decide about the way you use the golden ticket between gacha or AP reset, the change would remain as a small change. It will reduce the market a little, but not everyone needs to wash always, in my case for example i would choose more times to keep the golden as a gacha than an AP, but having the option is always a really good idea.

So, in this case would be leaving gacha rewards as they are now, but adding that extra item on the mobs drop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    How would you get it on a char that actually needs it. Hunting gach is untradeable, and most people especially ranged attackers literally cant hunt for these tickets if they are washing.

16. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    It's an alright idea imo. Only inconvenience is that people will need to keep their attacker char close if they choose to hunt on their secondary Mage character, in case a golden ticket drops. Shouldn't be a big problem just running multiclient though.

Probably should be a fairly low droprate on these tickets. Maybe nerf the regular silver tickets to so they drop 80% as often from now on and just slot in the golden tickets in that 20% removed from silver tickets (as in 20% of current silver ticket rates). The outcome is that amount of gaching done won't increase, if anything slightly decrease as most of the golden tickets will go towards AP resets.

So the people that are done with their washing will get a little bit more gaching done than people that choose to trade their golden tickets for AP resets. And also it only makes it mariginally easier to wash. Seems like a good concept.

17. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Well, if you keep the drop as it is, just adding that extra Golden ticket as a drop, it should be the same for ppl that already finished washing, considering that you can decide either a gacha or an AP. But, for sure, well balanced is a good idea imo too.

Edit: i mean adding the drop to the % of silver tickets. i explained really poorly, but i agree on the concepts XD

18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    So it counters leeching and promotes actual play. Isn't that a good thing?

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    If you're leeching, you hop off your rope and go grab it! Looking at HP/damage, pretty sure everything is survivable. This does mean that you should keep the character you're washing close by if you want to loot them up. If you don't want your pet to auto-loot it, the Ignore item, whatever the name is, would really shine here.
    It does encourage/reward people actually playing on the character they are washing (Instead of not playing and voting for 6 months like people said in the other thread)

This is what I mentioned above; the drop rate I suggested would basically just make a percentage of the current Hunting Gach ticket drop Golden ticket drops instead, basically keeping the droprate of tickets as a whole the same as it is on live. Rewards people who want to wash at the cost of trading that ticket for a AP reset. It's a small but interesting buff to the speed of washing that would not be frustrating for the older players who did not have this, I think!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    So in the end the people who need it still depend on vote nx to wash, why make the change at all?

• Agree Agree x 1