1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon Changes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    8:46 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    We are all spoiled to even have free vote cash and the opportunity to gach. Back in the days most people couldnt afford nx for gach, specially not 5k nx per day. I say accept the changes were made. They were made for a reason.

Think its kinda ungrateful of the community to always complain when the GMs decide to make any change. Must be really tiring for them.

Ps. This is writen by a poor unfunded chief bandit that have never gotten a ws or chaos scroll from gachapon.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Phantom

Phantom Horny Mushroom

Mar 27, 2016
    1:46 PM
    I can't wait till I get me some more of those
    You are no where near the level for understanding why they complain. This continuing with this lack of understanding is also why you will remain a poor unfunded chief bandit.

I have historical proof of people like you, low level and new whom defend the staff only to the turn other leaf once they reach the levels of the players complaining. I'd recommend you get to that level and hold the same option before talking.

In regards to opportunity to gach, ask yourself how else this server would get scrolls. Half the scrolls desired are no where to be found. Gach hunting tickets were made in response to who? That's right, the same high level players who were fed up of having absolutely no supply of anything end game what so ever. They were fine with gach being shit provided they could hunt for their items, instead they create an overhaul on the gach which lead to high level players progression being completely dependent on RNG, whether it be yours, mines, or that level 48 cleric. Right now you've simply never reached that spot, but once you do, if you do, everything they've once felt will be inflicted upon you. So trust it when the players who've been here for years make their statement. They may be immature when they declare it but like Kim has previously stated "They just want whats best for the server".

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I do understand the wish for a supply for engame items. But i feel that some people dont get satisfied no matter what. The game is what it is. It aint perfect, it has alot of flaws. If anything scrolls should be dropped at a higher rate or from different kind of mobs. The whole idea of using lottery-like machine to obtain scrolls is kinda stupid when you think about it.

And even if im unfunded and poor doesnt mean that i cant understand how other people feel, or how the game works. I simply just aint a person that like complaining alot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    12:46 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You do realize the staff are the ones who went forward with farmable gach ticks instead of farmable scrolls, even though back then the player base specifically asked for adding scrolls to drop table?

Personally, I don't have any opinion yet on the current gach rate changes without actually seeing the rates in practice. But the implementation is as frustrating as ever. Just as with the AP Reset changes just recently, there was no warning whatsoever. And really, no testing whatsoever on the the numbers decided. I can't emphasize enough that you can't just throw out numbers randomly and implement to see how it affects things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Yes I do. And I can understand why they did it. Modifying drop rates for all scrolls is one hell of a job.

Im not trying to argue with anyone. I just wish people wouldnt complain so much, thats all.

6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:46 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Let's just get silently buttfucked then Kappa

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    2:46 AM
    Quaver
    Fighter
    I feel that the change is necessary if you consider the influx of new players, sure you can say that these new players may 1 day become high level players and demand the same pool of items/scrolls as the current high level players but it won't be at least months before you see an undersupply.

For now, I still believe that having a deficit is better than a surplus in the market, you can easily tweak to mitigate the deficit but you can't remove the surplus from the market which generally destroys the economy in the short-run as everything is aplenty and the challenge is gone.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So another person who claims that because something is "free", there's no room for discourse, opinion, or complaint. It's not quite the same thing as when you get a free sample of a cracker at the grocery store. You don't like the cracker, you spit it out and move on. You don't like an aspect of a game that has changed which you have spent tons of time on... you are unhappy.

But what reason? Is it a good reason? A valid reason? A correct reason?

And I think it's pretty retarded to white knight the staff when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Welcome to the internet. Unsatisfied people are the least of your concerns. There are always going to be people who say X is too easy or Y is too hard. You can't satisfy everyone, and some people you can never satisfy. That's life. The trick is knowing to accept that fact, but not being so jaded by it that you can comprehend when 99% of your playerbase disagree with something for good reason.

Except when it isn't, and anything can change at the drop of a hat by the whim of the administrators.

You can start helping by not complaining about people complaining

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    7:46 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    No its really not. You can get it done within a day, if you actually put in the effort.

If people didn't complain / give alternative opinions when they disagreed, you'd have a very dull server. Complaints change things and get things thought about on a new level of depth. If you don't like complaints I suggest you go find a server that's full of "Yes" players who agree with absolutely everything. (Good luck finding one).

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    First staff doesn't follow through with the ap reset price reduction and now they make gacha a little worse. Just wondering if staff is working against the players.
    I think this wil only increase the frustration with players and they might want to vote abuse and gacha with more accounts simply because they cant get money to do anything with 1 account.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    2:46 PM
    Centaur & Chaste
    To be fair though, players shouldn't be relying on Gachapon as their sole source of income. There are so many ways to make money in the game, if you're dropping your vote money on 5 NX Gach a day, hoping to get lucky from them to help you afford basic gear and potions, you're doing it wrong.
    Would be pretty desperate to start vote abusing for gach in hopes of getting more stuff because you can't make money otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Charles445

Charles445 Mano

Sep 2, 2015
    1:46 PM
    There isn't a need to manually change the Gacha I don't think. As new folks get higher levels they will start needing chaos and white scrolls, increasing the market price naturally.
    Pretty sure the low prices being seen now are simply because of the divide of players that are old and new. That divide will shrink over time, so this sort of change is temporary and seems unnecessary.
    A lowering of drop rates in a time of little demand has the risk of causing an item drought later on when the demand gets bigger.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's so many keywords people miss in this announcement...
    For one. People panic so, so quickly always. Even when the announcement was made it was already instant 'no chaos no white' even though the system is not even out a day yet, but the people that actually logged into the game saw that at least 1 white and chaos pooped out immediately after server went back up, and I saw at least 1 PAC thrown out as well (while I had a very busy day today..)

As for discussing rates; the community don't even know the rates of the old gachapon, so what's the point of doing that? Right now we log every single Gachapon that comes out of the machine (logs), so yes we actually do know what gets thrown out.

As for me not caring. If you were a user of Maple Destiny you would know that this server in particular ending up wiping because of the overflow of White Scrolls and other scrolls. Of course that didn't happen here yet, but it became clear scrolls became cheaper and cheaper, and end game weapons became easier and easier to obtain. This is something you may want, but this is something I do not want. This is a server where those items were hard to obtain, and once again it twitch my mind that people keep fight for 'hard gameplay' but when it benefit themselves they suddenly want 'easier gameplay again', so some really are never happy in that regard.

I am saying this again

I do not want Chaos/White or other rare items or even scrolls to not become non-existing, so if that ends up happen due to our changes, the rates will just be increased again.

If you feel uncomfortable due to chance the rates could be changed again; don't get your free mesos using Gachapon, and spend it on something else.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    A lottery machine is not "gameplay".

Though, I am happy that you guys are monitoring the state of the market.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I really don't think anyone in this thread is "panicking". Other players on the server maybe, I dunno. But that wouldn't happen if you quickly answered a question. Let me say it again!

More specifically, if you have all the statistics...

What was the expected rate to get a white scroll, chaos scroll, pac, etc.

And what is the new expected rate?

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The thing with announcing rates especially in an early state is that once again

My second post pretty much explains what got changed, since I mention rare items and scrolls became cheaper and cheaper, so generally If I bring that up, you can kind of figure out what got changed, and what I want to prevent to get even worse (or cheaper).

TL;DR: I want items to not become even cheaper, but I also do not want them to be non-existing. 2016 Legends will not be happening anymore when it comes to Gachapon, but I do not want Gachapon to become cheaper and cheaper, which is current state of Gachapon.

Disclaimer: I say many times "I" in my posts but I generally mean 'we' since I do not make this decision alone; we do it together. Its just a thing I say automatically. Just see every "I" I make in announcement kind of posts like 'we'

17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Just saying.. as stated previously, Gachapon is not game-play. Its probably one of the worst aspects of maplestory, the whole "gameplay" sense of it is RNG...

The worst part is that its been such a common factor for so long that its become a must-have in a private server community. Its horrible, hard to balance and extremely frustrating at times.
    -- Rant done.

My only issue with this whole thing was the lack of warning. Feels extremely rushed. You could have also pulled aside some of the more knowledgeable players in the community and discussed with them their thoughts on the matter. This way it wouldn't look like such a fiesta when you introduce sudden changes.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Granberg

Granberg The one and only

May 13, 2015
    Male
    Granberg
    Ranger
    Quest
    it's quite funny because this sounds exactly like HP washing, just replace Gachapon with HP wash and RNG with time wasted.

Yet you have a problem with HP washing staying.

:pinkbean:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    HP washing isn't time wasted, its a way to customise your character to make it unique compared to others of the same Class. Its an extra mile you can go to determine how tanky your class can be.
    Comparing Gachapon to HP washing is extremely ignorant.

ps - love you granberg <3

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I hate rain because I never have an umbrella when I need it.

change those words with

I hate BBQ because I never have a napkin when I need it.

Totally an argument that proves one is a lying hypocrite!

• Funny Funny x 3