1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon Changes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:39 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Actual intended progression is the supply of high level scrolls dissapering? That's intended?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    1:39 AM
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    If that happens, no skin off my bones. What I'm talking about it actually playing the game as it was originally intended. Classic play for a classic server. Something people have obviously forgotten about, or because they were never around for never actually experienced.

3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:39 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    So because you are a casual player everyone else should be a casual player and not care about their character progression? I see, well then, I guess now I can see why don't care about any of this, you'll never get to the point where it matters to you anyways so why be bothered right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    4:39 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    oh yea i forgot end-game wasnt in classic v62 maple, anything past level 120, white scrolls, chaos scrolls,ht here is custom and not "Original"??? HELLO???

i'm actually starting to think your a troll so i'm not going to reply anymore to your useless arguments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:39 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Can confirm \o

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    4:39 PM
    Quaver
    Fighter
    I agree that gachapon forms the economy but the changes mainly affect end-game rewards such as chaos scroll and white scroll which are only in demand by late game players (eg. level 160+) which forms less than 5% of the population.
    Most scrolls in the economy (10%, 30%, 60%, 70%) are still in abundance which affects majority of the players.

So what we see here in this thread are merely the vocal minority voicing out on behalf of the late game players, it does seem that majority of the population doesn't seem to be having issues with the changes. Else, they will be here expressing their concerns.

7. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    To be fair, most of the population right now is new players, most of them nowhere near endgame to worry about the nerfed items.

An issue might arise later when more newer players eventually reach endgame and are hit with a lack of WS, CS, and other legendaries leading to a (large) inflation of prices.
    Which was already brought up pretty well by LionheartLionheart already on p3.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I must disagree on the fact that "some people is forgetting about playing the game how it was intended". I have been enjoying this server for almost a year (in a few months) and im ok on the way i play. I do what i want and what i feel because in the end is just a game, but you need to understand that reached some point, either you get burn or decide to follow other goals.

Wanting to craft godly gear because you can get money "easily" (hard work anyways) is another aspect of enjoying the game. Sure that i didnt care about WS ans CS when i started, i had no idea what they were, and i survived without having insane millions on a low lvl character (thats how a lot of ppl wants to see a hard server, to go fast everywhere -.-), mainly because i was playing and enjoying, but at some point, if you decide to stick to the server for more than 3 or 4 months (a lot of ppl dont know how to do that, you will be surprised), you will say to yourself "hey, i think i can do this better so i can be stronger, lets see what i can get" and then, at some point you will need those scrolls because bombing a weapon with a pretty nice scrolling hurts.

I didnt had on my power a single WS or CS this whole time, but i care about them being there in case i need them, thats why ppl that actually use them now started to discuss the subject.

Is hard to see the point of view of an old player being new, but is just thinking beyond the line. Dont hate any change, but dont accept it always. Give feedback, thats the correct way to act on those threads and listen to everyone at least.

Random slime due to long and boring text SlimeSmile

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    People arguing in this thread are obviously passionate about the game which can sometimes narrow your vision and heighten concern. As a relatively new player who joined late April, I feel that the server is very healthy and that the perceived impact of this gachapon change is being blown out of proportion. It's not like big rewards from it were removed, just adjusted slightly. There was legitimate concern over the long term health of the server with this heavy influx, so to err on the side of caution by slightly adjusting down is safer than leaving it be. You can always set it back to how it was, but you can't retroactively remove items if things get out of hand.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:39 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Legitimate concern, because falling prices must have seemed like doomsday to some. But still wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    wrong can be subjective (even though i agree with you) which is why everyone has to be as clear as possible on this topic - not just a "but muh ws" or "fuck you i'm gonna get mine"

12. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    People just need to realize that there isn't just one way to play the game. Some play for the Economy, Some play for the Quests, Some play for the chat, Some play to Min-Max. To state that someone's gameplay style is wrong is like stating the world is flat.

All I've been saying is give it a chance and see where things go. As it's been stated before, things will be adjusted but the numbers have to be present. From what I can gather, it's being tested live because it requires the large base of people that can't be tested properly in a closed environment. The system as it is built is subjective, and relying on just 1 to 10 people to test something that effects over 4k people, not a feasible reliance, not enough information to judge a basis behind until a live consensus is reached. I'm looking at this at both a Player (new or otherwise) and a Server Administrator who has had to make live adjustments to suit a large server.

Economic structures tend to look like they collapse before they strengthen, or increase out of control, which is bound to happen. Let it adjust, See where it goes. Already it's just the same stuff produced in the FM constantly, never really changing. You see the falling prices as a threat, but when a new player can't get anything sold because of the extreme prices that no new player can afford, you end up losing new players to appease the old ones. You should be happy with lower prices for the moment to get the items and things you want for your later on/End Game. It won't last long.

Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to harass someone about their opinion, and shouldn't be ridiculed because you don't agree with their style of gameplay. You should ask yourself what you're actually doing to better the server as a whole, not if someone conforms to your ideals.

13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    there's been plenty of posts detailing their reasons why "give it a chance" may not be a good and/valid option when there are other ways to verify or check how changes will impact the server

nevertheless it's the easiest one to test the results (you see in real time), but obviously you have people who don't want to see it (myself included)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Just a personal opinion but I think you should actually take a moment and read this thread over. I think you're missing a lot of valid arguements people have made here. It's rather pointless to keep on trying to make your own point of you don't listen and reason against the arguements other people make. As you can see there are already questionmarks about how the previous and current rates are being live tested. I've raised these concerns myself in this and this post. Perhaps KimberlyKimberly could provide with a more meaningful anwer that bases these changes on some digits? Feels like there's no further point in argueing without some actual facts by now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I've already explained the economics behind it like four times...

Alright, so you should take your own damn advice. If you want to play casually or not care about getting extremely good gear later on, that's fine, but don't push an agenda that negatively affects other players just because you don't have their playstyle.

We don't need to give it a chance. The informed among us already knew what would happen, and the skyrocket in prices of these goods - if they even are up for sale at all - has already been noticed.

Where the hell do you get this information?

The argument you pose here is a reason to have kept things the same and not nerfed the rate of white scrolls and chaos scrolls. There were some people who were panicking thinking that the drop in prices meant the market was being completely flooded and the game was becoming too easy.

Who is harassing you? Are people sending you private messages or posting unwanted comments on your feed? Are people stalking you in game? ....no..?

I didn't think so.

This is a forum. Disagreeing with people isn't harassment, my special little snowflake.

16. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    probably should've been clear that this wasn't directed specifically at you - you've actually made some very thorough and insightful points on why you disagree and not just "i don't do this therefore i disagree"

it's meant for in general

17. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    First off, yes I have been harassed in game. Yes, I'm being Stalked in game.

Second off, I agreed with your assessment on the economy. Obviously you didn't notice that. Instead you continue to beat a dead horse on the subject. The truth of the matter is it's changed and more than likely will not change back and you just have to suck it up buttercup.

Third: The Market is Flooded. It's been flooded.

Fourth: American Economic History shows several examples of Severe Depression before a hardy Recession, as well as in several other markets (Japan, Germany, Scandinavia, Britain, ect..). Game wise, World of Warcraft and Runescape went through several iterations of the same process.

As for Snowflake, Try looking at your own posts about pushing Your Agendas, Lionheart. It's all over the forums, and if anyone disagrees with you, you're the first person to start flaming about it and leaving derogatory remarks at the individual in question.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
  19. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    Great meme. Show the proof, Otherwise it's just another pointless statement.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    • Informative Informative x 1