1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gachapon Changes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    1:56 AM
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    Let me put some perspective:
    I understand how difficult it is to be a server administrator. I run a Modded Minecraft server, which means testing and breaking and implementing changes and building and editing content as well as rectifying economic structures and dealing with Grief and player issues. I've worked for over 2 years on the mudpack and the server with no donations, no payment, nothing of monetary value. In fact I've lost money on it. It's a difficult thing, and those who jump in aren't going to be the best until they become the best.

I actually have been considering creating my own Maplestory server. To tell you the truth, WZ editing and NBT editing is pretty much close to the same thing as I've discovered.

However, As I may be a newbie to THIS server, I've watched several other servers fail. I've seen them crash and burn and even my favorite places die off. Mostly by people who are too wrapped up in past drama to allow anything further to grow. This is a universal thing, this happens to even other game servers both private and public/official.

So, What are the core values? To enjoy the experience, am I wrong?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:56 AM
    Moderator Post
    Gi,

We will always appreciate all the work you've done, but you are now just overly attacking the server, and to be frank sound very jealous we grew without you. I am fine with you giving feedback about Gachapon (changes), but your posts are now turning into personal attacks, attacks towards staff, and you trying make a point to users that you were the best and we ran the server terrible.

So I will appreciate very much if you keep your posts about Gachapon instead of actual attacks against me, and my staff.

Thanks.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    4:56 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    a lot of the animosity/differences in opinion lie in what you consider to be successful and what core values/goals you have in running the server

if bringing in more and more players is the goal then maplelegends has certainly succeeded, as well as making it easier and or accomadting new players by making more content focused towards the early mid game

however, if you're discussing core ideas of the server and what it stands for and or what people knew it to be (old school, hardcore, wellcoded, reliable) then the server definitely has begun to move away from this direction.

obviously this is just a tldr of what i want to say but basically servers changing, some people like it some people don't

4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    yep you can enjoy the experience however you like

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:56 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    As a new player, you don't care about white scrolls. Not at all?

I guess you don't care you could sell one for a massive amount of money, and thus ensure all the potions you need, a zhelm, and good gear till 4th job at least?

You should care about them because if you get one early it helps boost your levels, and late game, you want them to attempt perfect gear.

The only significant thing that changed on the server was a massive boost to population, and therefore the only needed change was more channels and maybe DDoS protection. Yes, with more players, there were more people gaching and prices were dropping. There was a logical explanation for this, and it wasn't the end of the world.

The real problem is people like you who thinks there was some massive problem or imbalance that needed to be fixed.

And now this just goes to show that you have no idea what you're talking about. The only people who "exploit" a RNG are those who vote abuse, and maybe people who dummy scroll, if that actually is a thing.

What is broken about the server's economy isn't temporary changes in the elasticity of a few top-tier items but rather the entire gachapon system itself. Players don't exploit the RNG. The RNG exploits them, as the whole system was designed by Neckson to milk as much cash as humanly possible from its playerbase.

We are stuck with the remnants of an old slot machine system, where the only way to get any good scrolls and much, if not all of end game gear and perfect it, is to participate in this slot machine system. Suggestions have been put forth many times, years ago even, to change this.

Yet, if you want to talk about adapting and designing something to evolve, the majority of players and the staff have stuck with the gachapon system. When you play with the rate ws and cs are acquired from gachapon, particularly when most players were already somewhat satisfied with the economy, you aren't "adapting" or "evolving" anything, but just fucking up the economy.

Sadly, the majority of the economy is the gachapon system.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    So, you're suggesting that I rely on a 1k:1 or more chance to get a rare item to sell (i.e. the easy way) instead of work towards an achievable goal and experience the server as a whole?

How about this: I'll save up all NX I get through voting by Sunday, and on Sunday night before leaving, IF I so happen to get out of 45 or so Gach tickets a White Scroll, I'll be more than happy to go the easy route like every other person and not be unique and kill the experience.

If I don't get a white scroll or a Chaos scroll, I'll be more than happy to actually play the game.

I'll post my results then.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm not saying you should play differently or plan to win the lottery. I'm saying you should care if you do get a white scroll, though, as that would be fairly important. You can pretend all you want, but just because you are not high level now, a nerf to white scroll drop rates still has an effect on you, statistically speaking.

8. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    I'm seriously not pretending. I quite honestly could not care less about White Scrolls. Want to know why? Because unless it's a 100% scroll, Every scroll I've used has failed. So, What in the world is the point in using them? So my item gets destroyed? no. I'd much rather just work my way to getting the item I want.

White Scrolls, Chaos Scrolls, None of the scrolls bother me. Do I care about end game BS? No. I care about Current game. I care about the experience, the enjoyment of the game. What this argument means to me is that I'm seeing more and more people say "Conform." Not happening.

So, I guess what I'm saying Via response to such attacks is "We'll see."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    "Behind the scenes" as in how things are handled in staff or some personal in-fighting?
    I like how you throw this in, "I have information you're afraid of getting out." Isn't this just a flat out threat?
    Who is everyone? You are so quick to jump to the conclusion that the entire community agrees with you, even though it's probably discontent old players. Unless, just because we're newer players and don't know Legends history, you're completely excluding us from this "everyone"?
    Another unnecessary jab, in a gachapon thread. You could've just left it at "...longlasting server".
    So then why did you quit? Was the "behind the scenes" really that terrible?
    I agree that clarity of changes and discussion of these decisions outside staff beforehand is very important, however you seem to be holding Kimberly, and mainly her personally to your own standards. Criticizing every decision she makes in your (recent) posts, even on the ML discord you made passive aggressive comments that suggest how absolutely incompetent you think she is.

I understand you're bitter that Legends has changed so much, that everything is so much easier now, that a project you worked on during your free time out of love for it feels ruined, but you left.
    Criticism is welcome, but I feel as if you're in motivated more by a personal grudge, or at the very least a bigger motivator than you loving the old Legends.
    Trabin's little "naive comment" annoyed you, but you immediately took that opportunity to release your animosity in a thread where your aggressive remarks had no place.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG]

Dear God, you are something else.....

Ok, first of all? The whole benefit of getting a white scroll early on is to sell it. You could easily get 60m, 80m, I dunno, now 100m+ due to this change in the economy. That money will let you buy a zhelm, provide all your potions, and forget scrolling.. you could also just buy nice gear with all those mesos.

And also: white scrolls don't destroy equipment.

I don't often resort to ad hominems, but clearly this last post just goes to show how ignorant you really are.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    10:56 AM
    The entire staff at the time (funny how almost everyone is new now). I'll just leave it at that. Others could confirm. Not up to me.

I do agree. Made my valid points lose their actual value. Sadly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:56 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    And how do you plan on working your way to a perfect item without white scrolls? Tell me please, because all the mesos in the world won't do shit unless you have whitescrolls to buy. I mean, technically you could pass 7 30%s on a perfect weapon but since you say your scrolls don't work and you plan to "work for your item" which I assume is farming the mesos and buying frome someone else then I don't see how you could achieve this.

13. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    You really don't understand how I really couldn't care less about your opinion.

Duh.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Except for the very last part, that was all fact, not opinion.

But ok. If we are at the point where you just ignore everything I type and are immune to reasoning, we're done here.

15. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Oh, I see, you are an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    When Trabin types...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    Have you all ever heard of Natural progression? Clearly this is a foreign concept.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  18. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Also known as "cubes, level 250, level 200 in 2hrs" i'd prefer if the server stays an old school server ty

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    cubes TriHard potential TriHard level 250 cap

20. Trabin

Trabin Horny Mushroom

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    ShadeImpulse
    Assassin
    I don't even know what you mean by cubes. I stopped playing Neckson before that was implemented. I'm talking about actual intended progression of the actual version.