1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why gunslingers are shit tier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaikor, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    1:01 AM
    Hi, as you may have noticed in game I am currently a gunslinger. This is actually my first time ever playing this class and overall, all I can say is this class is total shit. Never before have I encountered a class that is complete shit more than this. I will explain why. In the first few stages of the game for a gunslinger, not only do they less damage compared to all classes but they also scale badly in terms of damage even with every stat distributed to Dex. I'll also point out that specific classes have a passive ability that outshines other classes, where as gunslingers have none. They have useless skills like grenade, wings and shit like blank shot. Classes like hunters, sins have a passive ability that allows them to crit and have more accuracy. Warriors and mages have passive abilities which increase HP/MP. Before I end my rant, I know that you might be thinking that oh yeah, gunslingers are strong in 4th job. But are they really? Considering the fact that NL's outright out damages corsairs from start to finish, I do not think so. Let's also take in consideration that HP washing is a complete nonfactor for corsairs as well and at 4th job ships are not permanent, they have HP and expire. When they do expire your DPS drops more than half for 90 seconds. Whenever the server official server opens and this class doesn't get buffed early or late, ain't no way in holy hell I will be playing this class ever again.

Allow me to put it into perspective so you have a better understanding.
    *Classes have equips relevant to their level and is hitting the same mob

Lv50 Gunslinger
    Doubleshot
    Damage: 200-230 x2

Lv32 Cleric
    Magic Claw
    Damage: 200-250 x2

--

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you disagree with me please state why. I'll end on a positive note, it's a fun class if you like staggering behind others.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    magic damage is different from weapon attack
    you can simply choose not to add useless skills
    sairs get battleship
    they won't get buffed so throw that idea out the window
    all classes suck except for hero

3. OP
    OP
    Jaikor

Jan 5, 2015
    I think all that you posted here is irrelevant but I'll respond to your suggestion. So.. you're telling me to leave 50+ sp, for nothing. Of course magic damage is different from weapon. I'm applying every single class to gunslingers and for this case I just used mages as a reference. Not all classes are balanced, that is why they rebalanced the classes in the later versions.

4. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    4:01 AM
    Corsairs have a higher DPM than NLs or some shit like that. This was a huge topic back in the day and people would post charts all over basilmarket proving it. But yeah, until corsairs they suck ass.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    10:01 PM
    Yeah I would agree. Slingers are a horrible first character and are barely playable with funding. But the endgame payout is awesome; sit on your ass, hold one button and pin bosses against the wall.

6. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    Highest self-buffed DPM in the game. Overall DPM second only to a NL with SE.

Yes, they suck in the first 3 jobs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    so go play a v83 server. skill revamps are the worst thing that can happen to an early server.
    if you don't want to play sair, don't play sair. you don't need to come here crying about it and asking for a skill revamp because you aren't patient to get it to 4th job.

edit: you also didn't end on a positive note at all. i don't know why you think that further complaining about how bad the class is is a positive note

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Jaikor

Jan 5, 2015
    This is what you called implied sarcasm. I think you should take a break and come back after you re-read this entire thread multiple times before you post again. Is this in the suggestion section? Did I say anything about a skill revamp? Did I not just summarized why gunslinger is a shit tier class? What does it have ANYTHING to do with me wanting to play this server or not? I never thought stupidity could escalate so quickly. As far as I am concerned, this is an opinion thread. I am stating my opinion, you are free to do so as well but don't come here and talk shit about me moving to a different server if I am unable to live with the results of a shit class in Legends. If you're unable understand what is being posted, perhaps you should not post at all.

OnionYes

9. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    You have some serious issues. Calm your vagina.

There's an off-topic section for bitching and complaining.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:01 AM
    Moderator Post
    Calm down people. Everyone has the right to give an opinion and if you disagree with it, say so in a NICE way. Going all nuts on the person doesn't get your point across any better, it only makes it worse.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Jasper

Jasper Red Snail

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    USA D.C.
    Please don't turn out like mapleroyal's forums where people are incredibly rude and demeaning to others opinions... And if you have an opinion share it in a nicer way... Good job Kimberly setting it straight, I want the forums to be a place where everyone can peacefully voice their opinions

12. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    what a nerd^

(jk friends irl)

13. MrChant

MrChant Slime

Jan 3, 2015
    Male
    5:01 PM
    Gunslingers are a bit weak. We all know that. However, Gunglingers have cool unique skills and have awesome playing styles. I think playing a gunslinger would be waaay more fun than a mage. Not every class is about DPS

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    SAME

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Way to grave dig ryan.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    10:01 AM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    DPM wise, Corsairs are the top notch best. Solo. A couple of alliance members and myself have compared vigorously the DPM of Corsairs to other classes. Rapid fire from Corsairs is better then the BM if BM did not have Sharp Eyes. And this particular buff does scale far better with them and NL. However, Corsairs battleship makes them a very serious contender DPM wise.

I do agree that battleship is a very odd skill. Having it's own HP pool, adding defenses but slowing you down horribly. Dealing with knockback must be downright awful when in a battleship. And pinning in a Battleship must be quite difficult. The biggest discrepency I found with the skill (and my biggest headscratcher). Is the fact is gets a higher cooldown with every skill point you put in it. While only getting marginally better defenses.

In my opinion, this skill should be changed to do the opposite. Make it have a high cooldown while lowering it the more Skill points are put into it. Give the corsairs a decent defense and DPM buff with the battleship. But not having to deal with a stupid 5 minute cooldown when you only have 90 second cooldown at skill level 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    could say the same of you

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    3:01 AM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    > complaining about 2nd job classes
    > you clearly have not tried f/p 2nd job
    So far, you haven't laid out clearly why slingers are bad other than they have no passive or active buffs...

19. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    3:01 AM
    Paladin
    >reddit spacing

20. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas