1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Restart - September 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. DarkHero7

DarkHero7 Mano

Mar 3, 2017
    Male
    12:48 PM
    DarkHero7
    Assassin
    Labyrinth
    If that number of ThePotatoSalad of mesos a hour without SI is right than it would be almost the same as selling leech....
    So just being lazy and leech others will give you the same/almost the same mesos as do the harder work and play more active PietyPiety

2. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    Did a 1 hour test, 9.6m with npcing equips & pot/etc items. Gonna do 10 more hours and post here once done.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    6:48 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I think the main issue being addressed is the net flow of mesos into the server
    When you sell leech to someone the mesos come from another player - there's no net gain of aggregate meso to the entire server
    When you grind gobies the mesos come from the monsters/game - the entire gain is + to aggregate meso

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    That's a fair concern, one which I can really agree with. Meso inflation is not a fun thing.
    Would've indeed been nice to see this prior to the change, so we could have discussed the matter in a better way.

It's a slight tweak, but a very noticable nerf in terms of income. You compare the spot to GS2, but GS2 is also the best spot for exp, while goby is not. It's a very specific place to farm some extra cash with alot of effort needed to be able to do it.

I think it would be fair to buff goby in another way so that it doesn't increase the mesos entering the server, to compensate. Maybe a slight buff on hunting gacha tickets from them would be a fair compensation?

5. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    My comparison with GS2 was mostly for the equipment drops with the current system, since there's over 20 there, with Slimy dying extremely fast while grinding there. :p
    We will see how things go post-nerf, but I don't doubt that Gobies will still be the most profitable way to farm pure mesos, so it might still be adjusted if needed.

6. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:48 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Still didn't require a nerf :rolleyes:

Edit: There are way too many casuals in this server jealous of the people who actually grind/farm/do anything smh.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    3:48 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Hey guys, i am here to send my 1hr test at gobys WITH a NL friend. i am only showing MY inventory/money made. i 1shot the goby houses and loot everything. Bishops make 7-10m/hr selling leech. while before we'e made 8-10m at Gobys. After the nerf. ive found only 4 equips. Flat mesos 1.8m and selling equips/use/ETC. gave me a flat 3m. that is not a "slight" nerf. Classes who are not mages/bishops. this was a nice way to get funded since we cannot sell leech.

EDIT: after discussing with my NL friend has loots and i kill. she has gained 879k in 30mins. so in an hr lets say 1.5m-2m? thats still under 5m. STILL under what bishops/mages make. If you dont have a bishop/mage to sell leech, itll be hard for you to fund yourself tbh, unless you magically pull a White scroll/Chaos in Gacha.

Maple0008.jpg image before selling equips/use/etc

Maple0010.jpg image after selling equips/use/etc

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I've only tested 1 hr so far and got a very similiar result to imaddeimadde , I'd just wait for him to post the 10hr sample. [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you guys have your own MesoUP's i assume. i guess im with someone else. i will calculate ours together after tests then

10. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    4:48 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    There's a 5 hour difference between the initial data and Fishy's data. Can a staff confirm whether or not anything was changed in those 5 hours?

EDIT: jk Fishy just sucks TriHard

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. mazi

mazi Mushmom

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Soundcloud
    mazi
    Beginner
    One person claimed to almost get 10mil per hour the other claimed to get 2 mil an hour.

Moral of the story, Bishops OP.

@MapleLegends Staff:
    So when is the bishop nerfs incoming?
    I'm expecting a sudden regular scheduled maintenance where Genesis gets a 10 second cooldown but could you please give an ETA on when this will be happening?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    That's gobies without my final form, just wait until i have SI mule TriHard :)

13. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    2nd Attempt for Gobys leech after nerf.

Update Test is done. Pure Mesos.
    Greenwaves-3.4m
    Ariel-3.4m

After Npcing equips/Use/ETC
    Greenwaves 10 equips
    Ariel 6equips

Total for each is
    Greenwaves-6.2m
    Ariel-4.8m

Each found 1 Overall INT 60%

Total together 11m :p

apologize for my 1st test run. something happened i guess. and only i was looting

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    8:48 PM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    But Kim, I am always unlucky with drops :(

15. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    6:48 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    LF>leech

16. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:48 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    On a completely different note:

Lv 137 Paladin solo training at ToT Road to Oblivion 2 reporting.

I like the way ToT was buffed. Basically the number of mobs that would naturally spawn per platform remains the same, but it seems like the rate at which they repopulate have become much faster. It's a bit subtle, but effective- as a warrior I'm constantly hitting 6 mobs.

XPM before reset- 0.34%
    XPM after reset- 0.47%

Now I'm gonna call an Ice mage to come leech me here

• Like Like x 4
  17. ReeseJChang

ReeseJChang King Slime

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    5:48 AM
    Zetto
    Buccaneer
    Amity
    Are you literally the only person tested ToT? Sir I thank you for your effort.

18. dedeye49

dedeye49 Red Snail

Aug 6, 2017
    leftbawlsack
    Islander
    lot of people crying, im on bored with the change

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    i'm also on bored

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    5:48 AM
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Agreed, Ice Mage here Adra was talking about. (Oblivion 5 needs help still, but that's okay).

Only suggestion, if the maker system (this was way pre-bb and by far a great feature that somewhat balanced meso farming among classes since etc drops mattered) is/can be implemented, then PoT drop rate should be increased for the lvl 120 reverse equips. I've spent a lot of time here and only 4 PoTs ever. Otherwise, all seems pretty good. =)!

For those wondering:Oblivion is the same rate as 1 hit petri (and i dont 100% 1hit obl 2 yet) w/ ice mage + attacker & hs. Looks like a new training spot for 1-2hit ice mages + attacker & hs mule or bishop. Great job on the ToT buff!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017