1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi there - first time back on MS since pre-Big Bang

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Returned, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Returned

Returned Red Snail

Sep 16, 2017
    8:04 AM
    Hi there!

I found MapleLegends during my search for possibilities to play MapleStory on a Mac. Thank you to MapleLegends for making this possible! :love: The last time I've played MapleStory was pre Big Bang, so I have some things to catch up with but I'm happy to see that Legens sticks to the Maple I'm familiar with.

Anyway - I used to play a I/L wizard on the original so I'm drawn to going that path again for nostalgic reasons. Any guides you guys recommend to follow? I'm kind of rusty so I'll have to get the hang of it again.

Thanks in advance! :shamemb:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    12:04 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I wouldn't recommend going for i/l just for the nostalgia.
    You will get bored after few days..
    I recommend for a good start - bishop / any warrior / buccaneer

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Camille

Camille Master Chronos

May 12, 2017
    Female
    USA
    1:04 AM
    Camille
    Warrior
    Muse
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    2:04 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Play whatever you'd like in my opinion mages in general are a good class to start with anyhow!
    Welcome and enjoy MapleF11

5. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    How do you know he will get bored of it? If you want to start with an i/l mage go for it! While it may not be as "efficient" as starting with a bish, who cares as long as your having fun. Just a heads up though, once you get to the level where you start bossing (fourth job) not many people will want you in the party just because arch mages are not good bossers. But at that point if you want to boss, you can create a new char and leech yourself up to that level. Have fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    12:04 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Mostly because I had an i/l back then aswell and the very first character I had here on legends was an i/l to experience the nostalgia but I got completely bored from the class when I reached lvl 32 :p

7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    2:04 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Welcome to legends ^_^
    Guess what is the most nostalgic map in Maple?
    Maple Island :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    2:04 PM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hey! Your situation is the EXACT same as mine 3 months ago, owning a Mac and browsing through possibilities of playing Maplestory on a mac, only played before big-bang, and had an i/l mage originally.
    I went with i/l as my class again cause of the nostalgia and I still find i/l to be enjoyable.

As for guides idk but I would suggest either going lukless or low luk ( I have 50 base Luk on my i/l now which Im now regretting)

Also, be prepared to make a HS mule and a HB mule if you want to proceed after 4th job to earn mesos and compensate for the insanely high mp cost of blizzard.

And one last thing, be prepared for a lot of grinding even at early levels cause there aren't many people doing kpq, lpq and lmpq :/ since there aren't many new players on the server now. Good luck and welcome to the server!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  9. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Hey. Welcome to MapleLegends.

A lot of people always say. Play this class bla bla bla. In my opinion you need to play what you like. Im not sure if there are any guides for I/L. But there are a lot of other Guides that can help you.

Have fun playing MapleLegends!

10. OP
    OP
    Returned

Returned Red Snail

Sep 16, 2017
    Thanks for your response and suggestions. However, I wouldn't have fun playing either a bishop or a warrior. I've tried a warrior before and didn't even make it to level 30. :p I'll look into the buccaneer job but will stick with I/L for now haha.

Thank you! I'll look into the guide that you suggested! I appreciate you sharing it.

Thank you!

Thank you for the warming welcome and heads up. I'll have to make it up to the fourth job first, haha. MapleF12 I'm not really familiar with the term 'leeching' so I've looked it up and I wondered how it would work to leech myself up? I've seen some people selling leeching by the hour, is this what you suggested to do or is it possible to open up a second screen of MapleLegends? And if so, can I log into the same account to train my second character with my first one or do I need to make a second account? Sorry for the overload of questions and thanks in advance.

Maple Island for sure! Somehow it was a lot bigger then I remembered. I had fun doing the quests, haha. :D

Great minds think alike! Thank you for all the tips, tricks and suggestions. I went for luckless, didn't do that before so I'm curious to see the difference. I'll look into the HS mule and HB mule. I've noticed the lack of PQ'ing on lower levels, too bad since I had a lot of fun doing those. I guess I'll have to make it up to the higher levels, haha. :giggle:

Thank you! I agree, choosing the class that you like will make playing a lot more fun for sure.

___

Thank you all for the warm welcome on the forums and in-game! English isn't my mother language - sorry for any odd sentences. :shamemb:

• Like Like x 1
  11. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    I've never leeched myself, but how people do it I believe is that the duel client so you would need two separate accounts and run them at the same time. I am sure there are guides on how to do this on the forums. If you end up doing this make sure not to vote on both everyday or you will get banned for vote abuse.