1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Magician with luck is it really that bad ?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Discor, Dec 10, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    8:04 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    i am playing as I/L Mage :)

2. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    will do my IGN : Boncha :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zaltor

Zaltor Dark Stone Golem

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    6:04 PM
    Zaltor
    I/L Arch Mage
    Demure
    You'll be lucky so better gear might drop

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:04 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    While I also do not consider having defense meaningless, I would say that the closer bish/mages approach endgame, the less significance it will have since overall max hp/mp is much greater than early game. For (extreme) example, getting 200 hp deducted from getting hit during lvl 50 versus lvl 120 would give much more dent in overall health pool compared to higher levels.

So in general, wearing LUK gears in early-mid games do theoretically help in survivability from mobs thus saving some pot costs. However, lacking dps compared to lukless mages will come and bite back at you once you reach the 4th job and start selling leech.

P.S. comes from a guy that realized my mistakes and changed from luk to lukless from lvl 90 MapleF3

5. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    1:04 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    As long as you are clear of the pros and cons, yeah do what you like and enjoy. This is a game, and MapleStory is how you craft your story. Welcome to MapleLegends ❤

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    That is what i think as well, i dont plan to meso grind or sell leach so i shuld be fine . worst case scenerio i will use ap resets.

7. Danny07

Danny07 Pink Teddy

Dec 18, 2016
    Male
    1:04 PM
    MrRogers
    Priest
    I cant leave 'good enough' alone. Let me tell you now that using AP resets IS the worst case scenario; you definitely want to figure out sooner than later if you are going to reset or not. "Worst case scenario (better version) is you MAKE a LUKLESS version AND KEEP you LUK-MAGE.
    It will take you 2 months to reset yourself to lukless if LUK = 100.
    (100 LUK - 4 base LUK = 96 LUK. And 96LUK * 3100NX = 297,600K NX)
    (297,600K NX / 5000K NX per vote/1 day = 59.52 days)

EDIT: I'll even help u get there with my guy and some holy symbol, should you decide to make a luk mage, since we're buddies now hehe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I allready am doing a luk mage :) but i am in no rush , first i want to do the quests then i plan to start mp washing at lvl 60 to compensate the mp lost .

9. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    One of the guides here suggested sacrificing Cold Beam for Slow; if you do so, Magic Claw is pretty much your only single target, ranged attack skill.

10. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    1:04 PM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy

Mages in Maple are kind of a "magic number" type of class and there are cetain benchmarks you strive to attain. It isn't "is my dmg 1000 higher or lower" its "is my magic at 1285" (ice mage benchmark for petri). Another example is needing ~950 magic to 2hko skels 100% as a bishop so if you put in 40 luk you'll be 40 shy for 8 levels until you make up that INT. Don't think of it as what your raw damage is, think of it as trying to achieve certain benchmarks with your total magic.

One thing I notice about new players, since I warn them all the time not to add luk, is they worry being lukless is more expensive. That's not something to worry about either.

Edit: Another thing I always try to mention is that magic is cumulative so 3 or 4 magic isn't a big deal but 40 is *very* meaningful.

11. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    one guide for I/L by RubyFenix says :
    p.s how do you ad a persons name with his avatar picture in a reply ?

12. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Type "@" followed by the person's username, like this:
    Code:
    @Discor

• Informative Informative x 1