1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent earrings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angbak, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:19 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I would like for things to stay as it is, wouldn't mind the item becoming untradable as it's purpose when I bought it was to wear it.

If that isn't possible I would like a refund of my mesos and my 13 dex ears and you can remove 100m from the refund as that is what I sold my 13 dex for.

I wouldn't be as mad about it then since I atleast wouldn't have lost my mesos and wouldn't have to overpay for 13 dex earrings that I already had when I sold them for a lower price at the time due to these earrings flooding the market.

2. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    1:19 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Bringing personal attacks into this thread is really unprofessional. Feel free to PM me.

3. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    6:19 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    So what you're saying is, if you spent ages farming up 1.5b meso expecting to be investing in something permanent; you wouldn't even consider asking for compensation if they were suddenly changed into something that would expire?
    You are either the most selfless player i have ever come across, OR most likely you have no right to say anything of the sort due to the fact that you are not and prob never will be in Franco's shoes.

The staff have deemed the equipment unsuitable for this server, removing them was a choice made extremely late down the line and although the general intention of this incident is for the "better good of the server"; they have completely and utterly shunned the community that have spent hours and hours of their life dedicated to playing in this server. A mere apology simply will not suffice and it is absurd for you to even notion the fact that it is.

An agreeable resolution will have to be made, if the staff can spend 6 months or however long it took to decide to make a decision like this, i'm sure it won't hurt to come up with an agreeable compensation for those affected in the time to come.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    1:19 AM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Alright, moving on and summarising,

Possible solutions so far

1. Make it untradable
    2. Compensation (donor nx and nothing that benefits the user in min/maxing)
    3. Removing earrings in 6 months
    4. Removing earrings in 1 year from announcement
    5. Nerfing the current agent earrings (hard to decide what stats should be given)
    6. Wipe (-.-)
    7. Refund earring and - 100m from cost and give back 13 dex earrings

Some of the issues raised and my opinion in brackets

1. 25-30 stats ain't significant (trust us, it is LOL)
    2. Staff delayed answers (we got it, staff fucked up, moving on)
    3. Horrible balance (we got it, staff fucked up and learnt hopefully, moving on )
    4. Previously op earrings are sold for op-er earrings which turned out to be temporary (something really needs to be done to address this especially with the inflation)
    5. Probably stuff that I missed out, someone lmk and I'll edit the first post later

My personal opinion for the suggestions given are:

If a compensation is given, I wanna suggest x amount of EVENT nx, not VOTE or DONOR nx. As the pros know, ap resets are valuable and this does not cause further economic problems. I understand that Kimmy does not want to accelerate game progress through giving nx and this might give a bad precedent in EVENT nx, but I feel that it MAY be a decent compromise. <-- please comment cause I'm always looking for ways for ap reset so I'm biased

Nerfing stats, nerf to a maximum of 13 dex earrings. I suggested this amount as agent earrings are obviously stronger than normal dex earrings and most non agent op earrings so far are maybe 12 dex max

Lastly, thanks everyone for keeping it MORE OR LESS civil, really appreciate it :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:19 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project

I would like a refund of my mesos and my 13 dex ears and you can remove 100m from the refund as that is what I sold my 13 dex for.
    You can add that to solutions. SeemsGood

6. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    How is nx a compensation to people who spent MESO (aka hours of farming/merching or w/e), 1 currency is for vanity and the other is for character progression?????

7. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    EVENT nx can be used to purchase ap resets and these are able to be gifted to other characters for washing purposes

Not saying it's perfect but it's something

8. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Uhmm, isn't that abit of a generalization? Not everyone needs to wash? I don't think a lvl200 NL will need to wash, just a hunch though.

9. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Have you never played a game from a triple A company? They don't care about compensation. Want compensation of that level. Turn on 3x experience for a weekend and 3x meso drop rate. Boom, that's about as good as you'll get. So no, I'm greedy at times, but when it comes to games and such, things like this happen and I don't expect hand outs.

10. OP
    OP
    Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    That's why EVENT nx which can be gifted to other char (or your own new attackers)

11. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    You make absolutely no sense. What does THIS game have anything to do with OTHER game companies? You don't expect hand outs? How is getting compensation over the loss of 1.5billion meso over the GM's mistakes a hand out? Can you come back with a slightly more thought out argument if you try to debate please....

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Why would Franco make a new attacker when he has the best DPM in the game? He doesn't even play atm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    I’m pretty sure angbak’s choice to leave that in the summary and add his own suggestion is just putting another option on the table. It’s going to be difficult to find compensation that is suitable to everyone affected by this, so I don’t think it’s a point to hyper focus on either, it’s alright to disagree that it’s suitable compensation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    You were wondering why I wouldn't ask for compensation, and I was just informing you. I bring up other companies and such because mistakes happen. They are going to happen, especially with a staff this size on a fan based project. The complaint on the loss of 1.5b meso yes, we get it, it sucks. What I feel is also terrible is that people think they are owed something. This is a fan based project. Period. You spend no money to play this. So don't expect anything. If you are given a sorry, then that is what you are given. You don't get to state what is or isn't "good enough".

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I'd love to leave a simple 'disagree' rating, but unfortunately I can't so I have to comment instead. I agree it'll be difficult to compensate those that are being screwed by this decision, but I don't think NX is the answer.

16. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    I understand your viewpoint that games usually fk up, and big companies don’t care because either ways they’ll bounce back. This has changed in recent years IMO, community outrage has actually provoked response from game developers e.g. battlefront, overwatch, mobile games (a plethora) and so on. I can quote specific ones if you want.

But I think BECAUSE it’s a fan based project, maplelegends one point of pride is it’s community, (once again IMO) and it’s precisely why we have these kind of threads and discussions. So that compromises can be made and discussion is there to facilitate what actions can be carried out. So I think it’s a wrong point to say that just because it’s a fan based project that no comepensation can be expected. While PERSONALLY I think Franco likely won’t be reimbursed fully, I think it would be a horrible mistake not to try.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    I'm not saying because it is a fan based project to not think that the staff won't give some form of compensation. Just not to sit around and tell them it isn't good enough, or that it is stupid, or that a sorry is worth nothing. Don't expect compensation. The compensation that is given might not be the kind you want, and it will lead to shit posting and salt. You can't please everyone.

18. mightyboy

mightyboy Orange Mushroom

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    10:19 AM
    mightyboy/mightygirl
    Night Lord
    Unworthy
    I think the only way to truly compesate not only Franco but those affected by this is to allow them to trade their agent equipments for mesos.

Now I get that we’re afraid of the influx of mesos that will be dumped in if it happens, but why not create a custom NPC during events that could sell NX items for mesos? (I know I posted this idea elsewhere in the forum, sorry for sounding like a broken record ><) I know this is a HUGE and BOLD move to do, but you guys (GMs) have created a HUGE and BOLD move into expiring these equipments.

Also don’t forget this wouldn’t happen right away (if you plan to delete them during next Summer Event) so we still have time to brainstorm and think of ideas to compesate. BUT I think meso is the only true way to compesate for such a decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    must be nice to be new SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1