1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    1:50 AM
    Thief
    totally agree with this
    also nerf mage / leech somehow because along with hp wash its just way too op
    i think hp item along with the ones already introduced (zombie rings, ellin pq ring etc) is a good beginning, mon (crismonwood pq) will also be helpful despite the drawbacks and opposition
    also i think ap reset is too easy to obtain
    hp wash should be harder and not the other way around
    i will be getting lots of disagree but this is my idea
    hunting gacha tick as replacement to ap reset is also good as stated above

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    12:50 AM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    There is only one thing left to fix in our washing system, and that is making level 200's able to gain HP in some way so take the highest hit in the game with HB (Toad).

I absolutely hate the idea of people being able to gain even MORE hp then already is possible. Current HP values are already at an all time high, and that is certainly because of the shitty system called HP washing. But it's too late to change that now. Many people have already washed so much, if you add another way to gain HP into the game, everyone will be at absurd amounts of HP, which is not the direction to go.
    People need to realise that having so much HP is really really bad for the game in the long term, since there is no form of danger anymore. You can really see this effect of this with the recent HT nerf where there isn't a random sed target anymore, you don't even need to focus anymore. Having extreme amounts of HP does the same thing, and it's a bad thing in my opinion.

The only way to fix our HP system is to have a wipe (hype). But yeah, I don't think that's the correct or optional way to go right now. So sadly we'll have to stay the way we are.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    6:50 AM
    I/L Mage
    It is not mage thats is OP. It should be Holy Symbol from Bishop Together with Genesis that added up that make Leech OP.:);)

Int stats are Mages core stats and meant to be a way to improve their magic attack. Other classes are abusing another class main stats to improve their health.:confused::confused: It is such a paradox.

This is why i could never understand why Neckson ever did this. Sure, they fixed it after big bang but added other nonsense like potential and cubing. :cry::cry:

My last Utimate creative idea to solve HP washing.
    1. Give 1 hp for every quest that complete. :sneaky::sneaky: Now there is more incentive to do Quests!. This also make Maplelegend Unique and not followers of other servers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The only way leech is nerfed is if you introduce cooldown on mage ultimates which probably wont happen. Even if you nerf the amount of exp the other person in the party is getting, leeching will still be good for classes with weak mobbing abilities and is still good.

5. askalade

askalade Mano

Mar 12, 2018
    Male
    Boefje1337
    Assassin
    The problem with this sytem would be that some classes NEED to wash to do HT. So you would still HAVE to wash to get the MP bonus.
    Secondly, it makes ppl able to get 30k hp and 30k mp if they no life which would be insane.
    Third, you would have to make the boost drop for every1 instead of 1 boost drop per HT kill since that would be useless.

All in all, i see what you are trying to do, but i don't think this is the right way.

In my opinion it would be better to add such a thing as a possible drop from the boxes at Amoria PQ bonus stage (since only high lvls do it anyway).
    Or implement another high lvl PQ that has a chance of giving it.

6. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    yep i totally agree man
    mage alone not that strong at all
    only the mage + hs in party is insane

the thing with hp wash is that people also self leech now because they eitherway have to make a mage first in order to make a good attacker so it even incline the usage of leech over gms which hp wash was way more rare at (leech was also incredibly op at gms no doubt, however expensive to fund alone)
    and on top of that here u can comfortably multi client (pretty sure it was not possible at gms? dont remember) makes the whole thing so easy and un-fun and anti game plan design

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I do agree multi-clienting heavily made leeching more accessible, but leeching is just the efficient way (which to many is probably not fun to play a mage) and people would rather get to the same goal in a shorter time while making more money. If there was a server wipe I would love to see multi-clienting be disabled (only way is having multiple devices).

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    Adding MP and hp to rings would also solve the washing a bit. If you add HP to the ellin forest ring you promote doing the whole quest and people will explore more of the world.

Or you can increase the max HP skill a bit making washing a bit less required for Warriors

9. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    Alright so my thoughts on this.

Kimmy's solution seems to be aiming towards the more "casual" crowd just to hit 5.6k to HT.

1.Her solution still requires manual effort, it's not just a wait system or a "easy wash". It just doesn't require you to add base MP/rely on int gears. It does NOT seem to make washing "easier" in sense of effort, still requiring effort.

2.It is to let classes that, if leveled without int, normally can't do HT by 155 to do so. Hence why I mentioned in a previous post that I feel it should only be available from 135 onwards, when classes are useful for bossing.

3. There is a CAP, as many suggestions have said about the decreasing benefits. E.G. if we make it such that you need 3-4 months of manual effort to get that extra 1.5k HP as a NL. If rewarded MP is just 1 per activity per day, if used to try to reach 30k, you will be getting 37 hp a month. Else if hard capped, 0.

4. This change will retroactively benefit ALL players if implemented.

Pros:
    1. Lets people play the class they want without having to go the mage leech route (already possible for some classes). I support this point quite a bit. This does not LESSEN the fact that having more HP will make you a more wanted boss runner. If you're a NL that can take a hit without HB once you get dispelled, that is still a major plus. People will still continue washing to high levels of HP if they want to better their character

2. This rewards EFFORT and TIME put into the game, not just mindlessly waiting for NX to wash your character. People can play the game their own way and not be punished for it. IF it continues to infinity, like I said above with 1 mp a day, in a year you would get around 4-500hp. It's not a significant amount, but it is in a significant time frame, and rewards the constant effort being put into the game on a daily basis with not too broken a reward.

3. This is a solution that can retroactively benefit EVERYONE. If you're level 200, reaching end game to boss at 135-155, planning a new character since you need to wash less, and most importantly benefits those who just played for fun, not caring about washing/knowing about it, and can suddenly boss if they choose to put in the time to level their character. It may not be a significant increase, but that's the point, it's not supposed to break the current HP washing system as to more of provide a crutch.

Cons

1. This solution benefits classes differently due to the inherent differences in the class system. Obviously ranged classes benefit more from this than melee classes. The ones that benefit the least are warriors, especially DKs, since DKs have HB and aren't too difficult to wash most of them hit 30k easily with HB. Other warrior classes may still benefit if they still haven't hit 30k base hp, though to what extent I'm not sure ( I don't know much about warriors)

2. People who previously planned out their hp target goals have their plans affected (I'm not really sure this is even a con since it just shortens the amount of washing you need to do even if not by much)

3. Barrier to entry for the "elite" NL class is lowered and there will be more NLs. If someone is going to level their NL/BM to 155, it's going to take hell of a long time anyways, there isn't going to be a sudden huge influx in NLs, as everybody knows the proportion of players 155 and above isn't exactly huge in the first place, and with ranged classes being one of the hardest classes to level, those that reach 155 are those that fund/leech themselves with a mage/bishop anyways, who are the ones who have their HP goals planned out.

4. It screws over old players. This. I honestly don't think it does even if people here say it does. Yes, you put in a lot of effort to wash your characters before already, you planned it out, had the patience to maybe wash to obscene levels of HP and have reached the top. As long as you didn't reach 30k hp, this change STILL benefits you to an extent. If you reached 15k hp washing the old way, with an extra 100 washes vs the 100 less that new NLs have to do, that's good on you. Respect to you for having put in the time and effort to do so. I don't want to lessen your achievement, and tbh you guys deserve a medal, BUT having this solution does NOT cheapen your efforts. You are already well recognized as being the OGs, as having done washing the hard way. You already made it to the top and people KNOW that. Kimmy's solution isn't meant to make washing "easier" like I pointed out before, it redirects the "necessary" washing to manual effort instead and this solution is just supplementary to the washing system as a whole.

Overall, does this make washing "easier"? Maybe, the solution isn't exactly fleshed out by Kimmy, but if properly done it wouldn't make it "easier" in the most important sense and is VASTLY different from just lowering ap reset costs. I support this change if it's done properly and carefully.

Edit: DISCLAIMER: an extra 1-2k HP WOULD benefit my shadower albeit not by that much I think, I only washed casually and am only at around 5.6k hp at 155. But not getting the extra 1-2k wouldn't really affect me either.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
  10. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    I just spent roughly 600K on washing my DK.. Not sure how I feel about it. We need restrictions and diminishing returns for sure. I do not want to see 15-20k HP nl's and bowmen here, they belong to Royals and not Legends. If we can have a system implemented that gives people the aid they need, for instance thieves and bowmen struggle to get 5.6K hp at 155 for HT without suffering a big loss to base int that would be nice. A diminishing return after X hp goal has been reached should be implemented so overkill cant be achieved, you get what I mean?

You already know the specific HP req. for certain bosses, make this a class related thing that differ between each other and down the hp returns/effort after X hp goal is reached. Warrior's get 30K no matter what if they want it but I'd be tilted to see thieves and bowmen tanking Anego.

Thank you for having the open mind to look into this frustrating issue, I support it if we do not allow overkill to be a possibility. Leeching is already destroying the game enough as it is.

Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    6:50 PM
    White Knight
    If they changed the party share exp requirements to be based off of levels as well as mob level then that'd be another efficent way to nerf leech w/o "ruining" any magic classes.
    Also could just make it so you have to be active as well.
    IE: You'd have to be in each party members level range in order to gain share exp (Minus certain bosses, and more endgame content where the level gaps would be higher.)

I don't like leech/washing feels like it ruins the game, minus warriors as they are the only ones who can wash without seriously deminishing their game play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    11:50 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    I think aswell as many others that it should not be farmable, diminishing returns is an unnecessary thing in my perspective.

Make this HP gain a one time thing, for example a quest that gives +500 hp, one with +100 and so on. Or just go the easy route and add it to 3rd/4th job advancement bonuses.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  13. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Bring Ap resets to donor shop Kappa

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Alrighty, time to re-clarify a couple things

• My idea's main focus isn't to make washing easier - it is to give people that didn't had the chance to wash (by not having base int for example) being able to have an alternative method to wash anyway, or to make it sound even more simple, gain HP.
    • Some seem to point out you could farm to 30k MP/HP - I mentioned in my main post that there would be a cap on it. Of course I didn't mention numbers, but it wouldn't be farm-able since there would be a cap.
    • The Zakum & Horntail was purely an example to have a concept and thought up.

Now to answer one bought up thing
      I've answered this particular topic in an other washing topic before. Basically, I am not the biggest fan of ''forced'' HP modifiers, because it will make the game easier for everyone, including those that have no plans to wash and are up for the challenge. Therefor I have most likely no plans to change anything related to HP/MP that users can't avoid, such as leveling, job advance, etc. Instead, my focus is on ideas that give users a challenge or objective to boost their character instead.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Na but seriously keeping the golden gacha or adding some mesosink AP reset npc would be lit

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Just adding my two cents:

HP washing was not invented by Tiger. this girl on JMS been doing it since 2004 ~ 2005

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Kimberly,

So how giving 1 hp per quest completed?

It fulfill both your requirement.
    It give the users a challenge to boost their character
    It give the users a objective to boost their character.

Not within your requirement, but it give motivation for people to complete quest.

If not, giving hp bonus by bossing would just be a outright copy of what Croo**** does. It wont warrant any originality for maplelegend.:eek:

Also it would help, if you can list down all the ideas and suggestion that you have decided to KIV. This would allow other users to input other ideas rather than trying to build up on the same idea that are not accepted. This would just make the whole agenda going round and round in circle.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Zoolander

Zoolander Slime

Feb 18, 2018
    Male
    5:50 PM
    Zoolander
    Bowman
    Here's a solution.

We all play this version because it was challenging, yet fun. Being a lv 200 is something elite, and I think everyone wants to(at one point) get a 200 in their lifetime in this version of maple.
    With that being said, I think you should keep everything the way it is at the moment. Old players/new players will only have to re-adjust to the changes(again). These changes seem like you are trying too hard to please everyone. Trying to compare us with other servers is for the birds imo. No need to try to keep up with changes, everyone has a different community.

Leeching sucks, hp washing sucks, grinding sucks sometimes. But that is v.62 maple. This is what you advertise. People work hard for hp washing, their damage sucks and thats ok. Those people are rewarded on bossing early.

What if when you get to lv 190, you just max out HP and MP. This would promote better end-game content, and you can add bosses with different rewards, bosses now stay the same, but there are special new level 190 bosses that you have to be a lv 190 to fight. Add restrictions on how many classes can join per party and you're set. You are still keeping the SAME maple v.62, but you are making a better END GAME. This gives EVERYONE a GOAL, instead of stopping at lv 160-180 to make other characters because it got boring. The veteran players can work their way up with their HP washed-characters to get exp from HT to get to 190. Other players that didnt wash CAN STILL do end game stuff/bossing as long as they grind/leech to 190. Nothing changes. Hard work is still there, for old and new players.

Finally, a hall of fame for all the 200s. Not just top 5 or 10. But everyone that has reached the 200 milestone. This server is small enough that it can do that. This promotes growth to the server, and keeps the addition of content that people want fresh, BUT is still isolated from changing the core of v62, which is what this server is all about!!! Take our strengths and grow on them, instead of trying to be like everyone else.

If you like this idea, feel free to copy it and post it wherever. Just give me credit for it is all i ask. I've been playing maple since 2004.

Someone make me a mod lol
    Thanks,
    Z.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief

man she has just answered that she does not want to make hp washing easier but change the way it is done now to something better and optimally (for me atleast) harder.
    the current hp washing meta is not "hard". however is just bad. espeically for the reasons she has mentioned in the opening post.

20. ProCro

ProCro Blue Snail

Mar 10, 2018
    Male
    ProCro
    Warrior
    Reduce ap costs (or make bundle options like each)
    Also having ap resets drop at a rate similar to each would be nice as it takes months to wash and play a character successfully..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.