1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about washing too

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kimmy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    5:09 PM
    I/L Mage
    When you invest, you should know that there would be risk in losses. In the real world, when you invest in stocks or commodities and the prices drop or become worst become worthless due to the government/Company policy changes. Do ask the government/company for Compensation for your losses? The same logic applies.

From you argument, it clearly that you refuse to accept any changes or improvement. You have the same mind set as those executive working in NOKIA. It was a great Handphone developer company but the top management (In maplelegend, its is like the old players) refuse to accept the changes occurring in the market. They stubbornly hold on to that Symbian OS and refuse to accept Android in their phones.

You need to make changes to cater to the rest of the players even if it is a big drastic move. It is not just about some players. It is about every players.

Lets not make Maplelegend another Nokia.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7
  2. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    "So what does Legends have to have an edge over other new servers in the coming years"

We have a god damn competent list of staffs who do shit, maintains the server frequently, asks for feedback and decide whether or not to implement stuff, occasional new content, no P2W or V2W, no vote abusing, no bug abusing, no botting or hacks and that's good enough for me, Legends was always a somewhat nostalgic server, not to the extent where there is only 1x exp, and lack of 4th job but it's decently grindy and have a good community.

Now what about people who want to enjoy end game content but didn't know about washing? Well this initiative at least gives those people an option to get more HP/MP even without base int or having 0 int equips. I'll give you credit regarding the points on leechtowin and lack of meso sink, leechtowin is probably unsolvable WITHOUT making a drastic impact on the entire server and that's a given. There probably is a way of solving meso sink but shrugs, have been discussed before but no conclusion.

Timan1Timan1 Yeah maybe int gear will drop in prices, but it's not gonna be that drastic. Just because it is possible to get extra mp from other manners doesn't mean that people will stop getting int equips totally. Int gears can be shared amongst characters that you own and grants you extra mp at a cost of mesos NOT time whereas these potential ways of getting mp orbs probably requires much more time of getting it. Besides, what's wrong with making int gears more accessible to people? Do you really want prices of all items to keep increasing just so you are able to earn a profit when selling them? Prices decreasing just means that people earn less of a profit when scrolling for stuff. People who are actually using the int gear are largely unaffected since they won't be selling their gears anyway.

I agree with doing some tedious chain of quest that might start at lvl 155 since that's min level to leech exp from HT, but that'll be a one time kind of bonus which I highly doubt will take up a lot of time. I would much rather have "dailies" that start from level 120 which requires you to do tedious objectives to get extra mp. These bonus mp have to be diminishing and job specific (lower for warriors, higher for pirates) as what people have already discussed. Tbh, I think that the feedback given is already excellent and that there are already many good ways of implementing this mp orb thing. What needs to be done now is for the staff discuss and give their thoughts.

Whether or not this gets implemented, I'm still going to continue washing my attacker. I don't see how old people don't stand to benefit from this if they can get another 1-2k extra hp for neo tokyo, toad boss and whatnots. Removing HP washing entirely is something that I don't agree with, but making HP washing a tad bit easier and more accessible benefits everyone and if that gets more new people to join Legends, then sure why not?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    10:09 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    This might screw over older players a bit, yes. However, what server has only the same players during it’s lifespan? Not many.

If this can increase the amount of newer players, that will make the server more alive and I’m 100% sure that it will.

Even with older players, I have spoken with many in my alliance and guild. NO ONE of them is a friend of washing, no one likes it. I haven’t met a single player yet who did not want washing to change. Note: not removed, changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Soyourken

Soyourken Dark Stone Golem

Jun 24, 2017
    Male
    Soyourken
    Shadower
    Family
    Timan1Timan1 dumbledoredumbledore

5. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    9:09 AM
    Night Lord
    I think YOU don't read what WE said. the fact that she gives an alternative free way will cause them to drop, obviously they're going to be still 'useful' for some purposes but not like they were before, and people will rather choose the alternative because its less expensive. as for the int gear prices..as a person that grinded this market for over 1.5 years now,with experience and actual knowledge about the market i know that they will drop drastically (and any person with a common sense can tell this). as for the mages,mages are already balanced out.. they are the only class capable of leeching (or selling leech effectively) and leeching provides the "safest" and some may add "fastest" (although its not always true) way to get mesos. its only fair that their gear will cost more, since they have this ability and many other OP ones (Holy Symbol,Holy Shield,Ress & ETC). same with thieves, and NLs in particular, they do TONS of damage and therefore thief gear/claws are way more expensive than..bowman gear,for example..

First of,you're calling this "improvement"..in your eyes it is, in my eyes, it makes the game too easy and boring to play so its not an "improvement". I DO and WILL accept changes as long as they don't affect me or others,like the solution I gave with the quests. It will still keep the gameplay challenging and fun,it wont affect or damage anyone and it will REALLY help those who NEED it (and won't benefit the ones who want to make shortcuts).
    as for the "when you invest,you should know that there would be risks in losses"..I can't tell if you're 14 year old or less,because its like..for instance..DIAMONDS. you "invest" in a diamond,and maybe the market value of the diamond will go up and down (withing some range) but there's NO WAY that in the REAL WORLD,a diamond that was priced at 1M$ (FOR THE WHOLE HUMAN HISTORY) will now cost 30 bucks. it won't happen,its ridiculous. you invest knowing that the market value will maybe shift in 100k$ up and down MAX and that's it. now that we're done comparing REAL LIFE to an ONLINE PRIVATE SERVER, please keep your discussions on point.

It feels like you will use any measure to get this HP wash shortcut, running over logic,common sense and facts to do so..¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SoyourkenSoyourken I really do like your idea! it could work if Kim decides to create a meso sink..but as i can tell from the comment section on this thread,people don't want a meso sink. perhaps,if Kim decides to go with your idea I can help with the INT gear prices and the statistics so we can really estimate what a MP worth meso-wise. Good luck!

6. Velo

Velo Slime

Apr 5, 2018
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Diamond, gold, silver are all non volatile and tangible commodities. The price changes wont be that much daily or yearly unless there is a crisis like WAR. Try investing in futures, Options and see if your heart can take it.

Similarly to investing/speculating exorbitant in game items like a 200mil int bathrobe, should the price sudden plummet. You should be able face it because you took that risk.:cool:

Maybe Legend need to add another clause in the term and condition:
    Any mesos losses that the players suffered that are due to game mechanic overhaul/changes by the admin will not be compensated.:):)

PS: Diamond are worth by the cutting and carat. Even 2 diamond having the same carat, that does not mean they have the same price since the cut and clarity is more important than the weight itself. Raw Diamonds are another story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:09 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    It actually doesn't screw old players, old players can still use that excess mp from orbs to get some hp. The main idea was to help ease the process through effort and not completely remove the process. Kimmy mentioned that the limit to the orbs is unspecified and we should try and help find a decent number of times the orb can help without completely removing the original process. Old players can still use that excess mp from orbs to get some hp.

I find the thread being slightly derailed from the actual topic and more of a discussion of whether we should keep washing or not. Lets just try to find a balanced number on how this can help but not entirely remove the process.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    10:09 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Just a delicate subject since I lost 7/8 friends I started here with because they didn’t wanna have to bother with hp washing.

They are all fine with putting in a lot of time and effort into getting their character ready for bossing, but not leeching/playing a weak character for 155 levels.

Deleted some posts AngbakAngbak

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    so true...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    TL;DR of this thread ( MY OPINION )

Goal: Implement a new system to gain excess mp for hp wash besides levelling with INT gears and base INT.

IDEA#1 : Make a new item that gives players permanent extra mp, amount given is relative to the class.
    IDEA#2 : A repeatable quest that rewards permanent extra mp, amount given is relative to the class.
    Balances Suggested: have diminishing return, be a meso sink, cannot be too easy to farm, untradeable, high level requirement, somehow related to bosses

Suggest new ideas and Develop, discuss or criticise all the ideas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Guest69

Guest69 Slime

Jul 30, 2017
    Int gear still will be useful. Kim idea of giving extra mp is capped. If you wanna wash to 30k, u still need the help from int gear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    5:09 AM
    TBH I can see it fluctuating but not by much even if these changes do go through. You're speaking in terms of that the normal method of HP washing is completely removed (which isn't true). The idea that was suggested to complement HP washing and make it easier for people who found out late to HP wash as well.

Just because theres another way to HP wash doesn't mean that people will stop using the conventional method of washing (INT Gear, Base INT). It would just alleviate the pressure of not being able to play the character for months on end.

Just because a system gets changed easier doesn't mean that players will just go with the bare minimum, players would just aim for higher. Example would be that it takes 1 month of voting to get to a certain amount of HP, if for some reason resets were cut down to half the price. 90% of players wouldn't want to finish washing in 1/2 a month, but would still wait for the same 1 month duration but aim for a higher HP goal.

HP washing in my opinion is just a problem depending on the goal of the user, those who aim to survive toad (which is not intended for ranged classes) will be dealt with a longer wait time because this was their decision.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    Thief
    no
    hp washing is just a problem if u didnt go mage first or found out about it too late
    also as hyuga said it further encourage leeching which is already destroying this version
    i dont know what about you, but i dont find nls who lvl up with 300 base int and leech a real nl. same goes for any other class

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    2:09 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Somehow I missed SoyourkenSoyourken previous posts. I think this is a good and detailed outcome that just needs a discussion about the implementation. You mentioned "an activity", I guess it's time to flesh that out. Like I'm kind of hesitant for it to be daily-gated as I'm not a fan of those systems, but I think it should have some sort of time-sink so people can't just power through it very quickly (I think there should still be some incentive to regular HP wash). Meso sink is also a good idea to have a fair balance between that route or traditional INT gear route. A meso sink would also provide a disincentive for people already going the INT gear route to also do the meso sink route, to address a perceived 'problem' of benefiting already-washed players. SeemsGood

As much as I love questing personally, I know that many other players don't. However, this does require lots of effort to complete many quests and is a pretty good barrier. My only gripe is that it doesn't also involve a meso sink to balance out the cost of INT gear in the traditional HP washing route.

It's only a 'staple' currently because of everybody misguidedly telling new players that they have to do it, or that it's the only way to go, which is BS. Your DK example is less clear than you think. Washing a DK just means you get full zerk sooner than usual. It is not "omg delete ur account and quit now" if you don't wash a DK, it just means you'll reach full potential later. You're contributing to this over-exaggeration that turns people off.

Where is this 'orb' talk coming from, another server? If it's an item from farming mobs or bosses I think that is a not very thought out system that doesn't address time-gating nor meso investment. Absolute trash, and I sincerely hope it's not the route we go down as it may as well be just handed out for free like candy.

15. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    2:09 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    It might be worth considering giving a passive skill to all players that increases the effectiveness of DEF/M.DEF so that pots, abilities, and equips that give those stats are worth getting. That would give an alternative to those who don't want to wash, and would increase the value of equips and scrolls which otherwise go unused.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    5:09 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    What ghost said, should of been thought of before launch with something this complicated.... that being said... wipe the server lets try again.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Angbak
    Bishop
    The problem with defense is that it reduces damage by a static amount instead of by a percentage. For defense to matter significantly at HT, that'll mean damage from other end game grinding mobs will be reduced by 1-2k as well.

Note. 2 points of defense reduces damage by 1. So you'll need 2000 defense to reduce damage taken by 1000. Now have a look at the current amount of defense you have and compare against the absurd amount you need to have to even reduce damage significantly

• Like Like x 2
  18. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    11:09 AM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Buff hyper body. I think this is the most elegant and simple solution to the whole HP washing issue.
    • Old players who have already washed will still have their efforts rewarded
    • New players won't have to worry about washing (depends on the significance of the buff)
    • It's simple and doesn't complicate things
    • If your'e opposed to "custom" stuff, this is less custom than introducing this new MP gain item.
    Either hyperbody just straight up gets buffed or, to go a bit more custom, replace the 4th job Aura of the Beholder skill with a buffed hyperbody skill. (That skill is useless anyway.)

"Won't this make DKs even more must-have?"
    They are brought to every HT already so I dont see the issue.

"It will make the game too easy!"
    If you washed a NL to 15k with HB and now get a couple of extra k, it doesn't really matter. For early game being too easy, my suggestion of the 4th job skill replacement prevents that.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I like it. Or am I just crazy?
    If there's something that makes this idea absolutely retarded please tell.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. Craven

Craven Red Snail

Feb 22, 2017
    Male
    11:09 AM
    Craven
    Night Lord
    Animals
    How about pet equip for HP scrolls?

• Agree Agree x 2