1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amoria PQ Crash

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by FeroxAnima, Jun 27, 2018.

1. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    1:14 AM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): I crashed in Stage 1 of APQ right after talking to Amos as the leader. We got into APQ, entered Stage 1, I talked to Amos, the chatbox thing showed up, a few letters showed up on it - and then this thing happened where the whole screen kinda jumps upwards for a second before it goes dark and the game closes, after which the small, grey error window shows up. (I didn't document the error message, unfortunately; appearance-wise though it was the usual small grey window that shows up when MS crashes for whatever reason).
    I play on hotspot and therefore run constant pings in the background to test any net issues while I play and it all went 100% smoothly; not a single packet unreceived nor received after an unusually long amount of time around the time of crash, and there weren't any preceding lags or any such thing. In addition, I closed in advance any network-heavy background-running apps such as WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook - I always do that when playing on hotspot because even though they never dced me, I don't want to take the risk (+ a barrage of messages = a barrage of small lags). I strongly believe it *wasn't* a network issue that caused this crash; there was nothing to point towards any communication error nor any lags at all.
    It went from 100 to 0 in a moment and immediately crashed the whole program.
    Noting again: I wasn't kicked to the login screen; the game all-out crashed, with the small grey window, after a momentary graphical glitch following the Amos chatbox showing up.
    What is supposed to happen?: Just... APQ ;-; No crash.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: APQ, stage 1 while talking to Amos.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): We were in channel 7. It was the 2nd PQ we did in a row, same people, except two characters were replaced with alts (played by the same two people).
    Only "unique" thing about this run that I can think of is that it went really fast; i.e usually we take our time in the waiting map before stage 1 and before talking to Amos, but here I was in a bit of a rush and went straight into the waiting room, then straight into stage 1, then immediately talked to Amos (and subsequently crashed).

I imagine it's probably very difficult, if even possible, to pinpoint the cause of this crash retroactively in this manner; but I've already seen a bunch of people randomly DC or crash in APQ of all places in varying circumstances while they never crash or DC anywhere else - and in this specific PQ, every DC means the PQ is gone (and with a 6 hours cooldown, that stings a LOT). So if there's anything, anything at all, I can do to assist you - please let me know. I'll supply whatever information you think you could use, assuming I have it.
    That said... naturally I'll understand if there's nothing you can do. I just had to try.

Thank you, for this and for everything <3 This server is special to me, for real.
    Shay.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:14 AM
    Moderator Post
    If I get the error message it'll help a lot.

3. OP
    OP
    FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    1:14 AM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    I was so "OMG NO" that I just kinda clicked it before I realized I should take a pic first :cry:
    If it happens again (pls no) I'll definitely document. Sorry :' ) And thanks <3