1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maplelegends could retool the HP washing system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    3:57 AM
    GarBear
    I was asked to make one more thread talking just about HP washing and what could be some possible solutions for it. I'm asking people to read the post before commenting and to try and remain civil even if you don't agree.

For HP washing issues:

There are a number of things that COULD be done to mitigate/address the issue OR resolve it outright.

1) Offer a high level quest that provides a temporary HP buff to allow players the opportunity to attempt end-game content rather than locking them completely out and forcing them to recreate their accounts. This could have a lot of variation/interpretation and it is certainly open to discussion. An example could be something like the following:

At lvl 120, on completion of 4th job, you are able to do a repeatable quest in leafre with the chief. He mentions you are a mighty X at this point and are capable of doing great things now. He would like to help you with this endeavor should you accept it. You do and he prompts you to collect a plethora of items/defeat moderate bosses around maple. This could look similar to what the ellin ring requires; etc. from a number of different mobs on a number of different continents. Additionally or in place of, you must kill a boss from each main continent perhaps. Defeat Manon or Griffey, leviathan, eliza, jr. balrog, dodo/lilynouch, papulatus, headless horseman, kimera etc. There are a lot of bosses that could be included in a number of combinations with etc's. The main point is that the quest is somewhat time-consuming and all-inclusive of the game. The reward could look something like a 4 hour buff giving 1k HP. Could it include a slight stat buff? Sure. Mp for mages? Potentially. The MAIN idea is that someone who was driven enough, could attain this buff before attempting a high level boss like zakum or HT. They couldn't do it all the time, they couldn't do it most of the time. Players who have washed and worked hard for that wouldn't be punished, they wouldn't be required to do this quest for any of their runs. They COULD but it's probably not going to happen. This literally only makes sense for someone who has no other choices to access this content. Instead of starting over, you could spend some time during the week preparing for a zak run with your friends on the weekend. At some point, you'll outgrow this need just by leveling up or washing a little more or monster book ring increase. But you wouldn't be locked out of content that other players your level are participating in. You wouldn't be told to just quit your lvl 100 bowman or nightlord. There would be some avenue of recourse.

2) Decrease the cost of AP resets to 2500 nx, thereby allowing 2 washes from a single vote. The alternative is to raise the nx reward to equal the current 6200 cost for 2 resets. I think that option is worse because it increases the nx vote reward that doesn't necessarily need to be applied to resets, i.e people could turn around and just gach more or get cosmetics/pets with greater ease. That doesn't need to happen and we don't need to dilute the nx cash influx like that.

At first glance that might seem arbitrary but I would argue it is far more arbitrary to keep the original Neckson price of 3100. If you are in the business of resetting stats or washing, you can appreciate how frustrating it is to vote and see 1 AP reset per day you can vote. Having 2 washes/AP resets a day would simply be more user-friendly. You'd feel like you were making more progress each day. Don't underestimate the importance of that statement. A second more minor point is that it's easier for people to calculate the required washes if you can just say, for example, 1 month = 60 washes. It seems pretty minor but not all of us want to sit and calculate a theoretical NL or BM hp goal in conjunction with int gear/base int, normal hp increase from leveling, possible monster book rings, etc. It gets to be a bit much, at it's core the game should just allow players to log on and play, make what progress they can, and not be limited/frustrated by an outdated system. File this under mitigating the issue.

The result of mitigating/resolving the issue using the above would be more players sticking around with the hopes of trying their hand at some exciting content they missed out on years ago. That keeps these players in the pool, interested in progressing and improving their characters.

FWIW, I love the monster ring update. That is one of my favorite updates in the whole game. And it's not enough. Cervantes is a lvl 14x corsair with a tier 10 ring and can't HT until lvl 165+. That's ridiculous.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    just saying, just because you can leech HT at lvl 155, doesnt mean thats when we should lol. Horntail isnt meant to kill at lvl 155... of course you CAN do it, but ideally without washing at all, you could easily do HT at 170.

we did HT at level 140, cuz we were itching for a fight/challenge. think some people are also forgetting, adding 2-3pts in HP, really doesnt make your dmg worse. JessJess right? :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    I mean based on what I talked about with cervantes, he can't HT until lvl 165 and even then it's going to be super difficult to not be dispelled/1hit with HB on 100% of the time. He can't easily do HT at 170 without washing at all. He has a tier 10 monster book ring.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. chau418

chau418 Blue Snail

Jun 8, 2017
    Male
    CafeSuaDaddy
    Corsair
    Muse
    I think the way the game is set up your suppose to be many levels above the boss level to be able to do it anyways so being ~165 for a boss thats lvl 160 isn't terrible. For example Bigfoot is lvl 110 and does any job expect to be able to kill it comfortably at 105? Also If your gonna make an argument about cervantes it would be helpful to provide his stats and details so maybe more seasoned veterans could help his gameplay. In Jess's guide, a sair really only needs ~50 washes to be able to have ~5.6k hp at 155 so the ring should be able to mitigate most of that and he could probably just wash a few times from the extra int he has from his helm and any extra MP gained from leveling and job advancement. Sure you cant "easily" do HT but why is an endgame boss suppose to be easy. Honestly HT is more fun anyways when you have to scream for help when the darks come :3

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    I can appreciate the point about high lvl content being meant to be truly high level content.

I would argue that having a tier 10 ring is next to impossible for most players. It would take an extraordinary amount of effort for a non-mage to get a T10 ring and that shouldn't be a standard we ask players who don't wash to follow.

Even with his T10 ring, ellin ring, and dep star, he has 5153 HP according him. He isn't going to wash as he is opposed to that game mechanic just on principle. That's his choice and I understand he could adjust to make HT possible much earlier.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    He can put points into HP without washing. Just put 10 points into HP and he will have 5,600 HP by lv155. Then, once per level afterwards, use an AP reset to take it back out of HP and back into DEX.

The math:
    5153 HP @ Lv144
    + (20 * 11) hp per level * remaining levels to 155
    = 5372

Additional HP needed = 5600 - 5372 = 228
    228/18 (average hp per AP) = 12.66
    So, 13 points.

No int equips required! Sure you're only doing 99% of the damage you could be doing, but that's a small price to pay to be able to HT 10 levels earlier!

Waaaay better than stacking 200 int & doing 50% of the damage you should be for 150 levels.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    I was afraid of this.

Yes he is an extreme example and could make it viable to do HT. But he has a T10 ring giving him 1k hp. Most players are simply not going to have that. I have a tier 2 ring with 60 some odd sets and it gives 100hp. I'm not a mage and so that took a reasonable amount of time to get.

This isn't a thread about cervantes and his plight with hp washing. It's a thread about hp washing requirements and how they could be altered in some fashion to help the average player who starts out with no knowledge or funding on a hp-washing dependent character.

8. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:57 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    I'm sure if you didn't leech and spent time grinding/hunting cards and playing the game and finding a card hunting partner/friend you would've gotten more cards.

80% of the cards are so easy to get (without a mage) and even as mages you wouldn't blizzard/genesis/meteor the maps, like why would I meteor red snails or slimies if I can just rotate around the map easily with another aoe skill :thinking:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:57 PM
    Moderator Post
    I see you mention this two times now. The first person to get T10 ring was actually not even a mage. If you got a job that has an AOE skill (ex: Dragon Roar) you can grind cards very well. Its not only mages, and I think mages even have a bigger struggle farming cards believe it or not, because the skills are slow, as well as the general item drop formula this server uses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    Haha, I was afraid of this response to my post too. If I may explain:

Cervantes is also an extreme example has he is going the extreme route of completely neglecting washing. An average player can easily achieve 20 washes without even trying to account for washing. Got a zhelm? That's up to 17 washes by HT level. Have a deputy star? Invested in a 3m int earring? That's another 8 washes. We're looking at a 500 HP addition already.

You can get a 90-120 HP rat mouth easily and cheaply. You can scroll the boss helmet (zak/scar) that isn't your main helmet for another 100hp. Now all you barely need a tier 4 ring. Anything higher and you'll be even better off.

I have most definitely considered this and I mentioned some of these remedies in my post in your previous thread. I do not have a bishop/mage and I have 105 monster card sets! I was exactly that average player with no knowledge of HP washing, not until I was already level 80 as a Hermit. I think the changes to HP washing have been well balanced but the options just aren't well understood. Anyways, I'd love to know what you think and if this is helpful to know!

I'm considering writing a little guide on it, maybe even making a tool. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    Nice try.

I didn't just leech but by the time I was 4th job or thereabouts monster cards were released. I went back to heneseys hunting ground and spent several hours trying to finish red snail cards after low lvl card drops were nerfed. I spent an ungodly amount of time in perion trying to get dark stump cards to 5. They just wouldn't drop.

This is all beside the point. Even with a decent ring the hp washing requirements are still pretty noticeable and detrimental if you haven't planned far ahead.

Do you have any opinion on the options I presented?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    Some classes get their first valuable AOE in 4th job. Shadower for example is not going to have a great time hunting cards with BoT. It's just mediocre in general, requires you be in melee range etc.

I'll admit I would have had a better experience if the cards were out when I was running around places like sleepy, exploring and playing the game. BTW is it true that if I want 5 slime king cards I have to pay 25m? All because I, again, was already past that portion of the game as a player?

Also wasn't the first T10 bishi? Or was he T9 I dont remember.

Regardless, pretty sure a lot of these players had help/bought cards to help them hit it first. Does it really matter who was the single first T10?

13. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    Also, maybe if your game had more to it people would be willing to grind and play the game. I spent DAYS looking for training partners of ANY kind (anyone who could funnel himes into my meso explosion) when I was 3rd job. Go look at my post from months ago on this forum asking for a training partner. Got 0 responses. Well that's not true, I was told to just leech. :thinking:

Better yet if you don't wanna hear it from me, go ask Digiorno, a chief bandit, how he's doing these days. One of the quickest 3rd jobs in the game and he's struggling to find a training partner too. But I guess these are all unsolvable problems and we are all just wasting our time discussing them.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    took me 2weeks on my DK, im not a mage. Nice try lol. if he wants more HP he can add points into HP. thats part of old maple. 2-3points into HP isnt gunna make your dmg worse.
    typically, when you get off the mapleisland a lightbulb pops up, and tell you to get your monster book ring in LithHarbor. you have from lvl 10-160 to monster card farm. you can level fast just card farming. leveling up and obtaining a tier10 ring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    there are over 350+sets. you only need 300 sets to get tier10. you do NOT have to get the PQ cards to get tier10. so no, you do NOT have to pay a single meso for cards. if you choose to buy cards from people/bosses, thats entirely your choice. level 180+ DK, cant farm PQ cards, dont think i complained about it. i farmed other cards

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    That was pre-nerf cards yea? Let's be honest it would take you longer than 2 weeks at this point in the game. Did anyone help you too?

He can do whatever the hell he wants. I'm not here to get advice for him. I'm using his current stats/ring as a barometer for my argument.

17. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    the amount of int Cervantes has, sololy from zhelm/dep is probably more than 20int. which means he can get 1 wash in 6 levels. not that hard to just buy 1 reset, to gain an extra 18 HP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    this was after they buffed the cards actually. lol i did all the cancer cards AFTER they nerfed droprate. and um Help is not the correct term you are using. Farming cards WITH guildies/friends is a better word choice. you arent suppose to do them solo, if you do them solo cuz no one wants to do them with you, then either they dont want to help you or they are busy. i did 90% of them by myself, and the other 10% with friends/guildies. ive done the same for them.

it will take you faster to get tier10 ring, because there are more cards that are released. i gained tier10 BEFORE Singapore/Malaysia/China cards were released.

19. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    GarBear
    I can agree and see the merit in a lot of what you're saying.

However, not everyone has a zhelm, especially by level 50. That requires some planning, doing prequests, and having 15-20m as well as the appropriate HP to survive. So if you did your math starting at 50, and same for dep star, I think your argument needs tweaking.

I think a guide would be great, I'm all for making the game more accessible and understandable for everyone. Whether that involves tweaking things like HP washing or providing a guide to help players navigate the servers content, I'm all for it.

20. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    okay, then lets say he got it at level 60. thats 13-17int + 4 (base int) + dep star. thats still lvl 6 lvls a washing.
    60-66 18hp
    66-72 18hp
    72-78 18hp
    78-84 18hp
    84-90 18hp
    90-96 18hp
    96-102 18hp
    102-108 18hp
    108-114 18hp
    114-120 18hp
    120-126 18hp

Literally from 11 washes, hes gainig 198 hp with just dep/zhelm/scar helm.

has he actually went to the CS and try to take some pts out of MP--> hp just to see if he can? just because hes against washing, doesnt mean he shouldnt try it to gain more HP WITHOUT having base int. if he can wash without base int, tbh he should. there really is no loss from that. its more gain.

i know how hard it is to wash a sair, because ive owned 2 and know the struggle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.