1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maplelegends could retool the HP washing system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    8:06 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    The problems are definitely clarity and accessibility to information. From personal experience back when I wanted to make a NL just for fun, the thought of HP washing gave me a headache and I kept delay making one because I kept dreading the need to "research" how it works. Once I understood how it works, I thought ahh it's quite simple. Most of you likely think it's simple as well, but personally at first glance it looks complicated as feck. As a somewhat casual player myself as are the majority of the player-base, I play games to relax and I just don't have the patience to do more research and reading spreadsheets in order to play. As if I didn't need to do enough research work in real life already. But I sucked it up and researched how it worked, and boii did I just want to give up already with the amount of calculations needed. Yes, I know there isn't actually that much needed but at first glance it was intimidating because of how LONG these posts were and a lot of information presumed you already have knowledge about some things, which many new players likely don't. I have no doubt many other casual players felt the same way.

Anyway, my suggestions are:

1) Make everything that is needed to be known about HP washing available in-game. I just think it's ridiculous to need to do research outside the game and calculate on freaking spreadsheets in order to be informed an important part of the game-play. For example, placing an NPC in every Victoria Island towns that explains it in detail for every job. Maybe even include a calculator function. If I was a first time player, I'd want an NPC prompt that informs me about the existence of HP washing as soon as I land in Lith Harbor from Maple Island, and directs me to the NPC that explains it in greater detail.

2) Keep it so simple that even a 10 year old can understand, because let's face it there are 10 year olds playing this game MapleF3. Meaning I shouldn't need to read a 2000 word post in order to understand what to do. This is simply a matter of condensing and simplifying the existing explanations.

3) Add a HP washing command. E.g. If I had entered the command @hpwash NL HT155 or something, every time I add AP or any change of AP as a result of equip change the text box will show how much INT or resets or whatever I need in order to gain enough HP to do HT at lvl 155 etc. Of course you can toggle it on and off, it's just to make it less effort to keep track without needing to refer to an Excel Doc.

4) This is kinda of a far-fetched but I just want to throw it out there. An equip that allows you to enter the amount of HP needed and then it automatically calculates the amount of ap resets needed and vote cash equivalent. You then receive the HP immediately, but go into a vote cash debt that needs to be repaid over time (e.g. 48 hours to repay 5k vote cash). For example if you are owed 320k vote cash (equivalent of 100 days of voting), you have 150 days to repay your debt or the equip will disappear or you'll be IP banned lol. <Yes I can see how people will abuse this but it's just an idea.

I guess my point in general is, please don't make me look at any more spreadsheetsOnion...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    6:06 AM
    I don't see the point of adding information on washing in game when it is not a required function to play. The forums provide multiple guides which can be found using the search bar, as well as helpful individuals on discord that can also help.

You don't even need to do research as there are multiple guides going into detail of how to do it, as well as a premade spread sheet in some cases where you just input your stats.

3. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    8:06 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    My point is simply to give new players the ability to make that choice whether they want to wash or not earlier instead of regretting it later at level 120 because they simply had no idea the existence of hp washing and the disadvantages of not washing. I've known people who quit because they thought their character was ruined and they simply didn't want to make another character after spending tons of vote/donor cash and time on the char. And I've heard plenty of arguments that "they're just misunderstanding it, hp washing isn't that hard". That's true, but they don't know it and they're gone now. As I said, the problem is clarity (misinformation) and accessibility of information. I know a lot of people that don't and/or dislike browsing the forum when all they want to do is just play the game. In fact, I'm pretty sure during peak times, 70% of the player-base don't even read the forum or discord. Having important information like this hiding behind the forum (not even pinned to front page) where people need to actively search for it is just not the best thing to do. Let's face it, it's not a requirement but HP washing is an important enough factor in deciding whether to play certain jobs or even this server, because why else would it be right up on ML's GTOP banner?

Knowing earlier will help players intending to wash to avoid burning through vote cash for cosmetics/gach and start saving up to wash at earlier levels, or prevent the regret of sinking in time into a character destined to be barred from certain parts of the game-play until much later compared than their hp washed counterparts. Also take into consideration the sheer amount of resets needed for certain jobs for Neo Tokyo in the future, people need to save up months of vote cash.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  4. xEternal

xEternal Timer

Aug 21, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:06 PM
    xEternal
    Bishop
    Plug
    Yo comeon guys its time to deal with it. I read most of your points and all of them are valid to a certain extend. Regarding information not being known early or whatever is just a excuse of not putting enough effort in knowing the game(?). I know u can argue that some are not die hard maple fans that would wanna aim to be at the top. Then simply don't be at the top if ya not die hard enough(horntail-ing and stuff).

1. When i am playing a game, obviously i would google shit because im new to it. (whotf don't do this lmao)
    - Naturally they will know what they need to do to reach end game and stuff. I have no idea on what hp wash is when i started too. But there are freaking a lot of fmhoes that u can ask. Some of them are even top players themselves.

2. Since when is there a game that everyone is pleased with.
    - There ought to be some bits here and there that everyone hates. And yo, these mods are kind enough to always constantly listen to our suggestions and bullshit and incorporating them to please us. You can suggest stuff but please do keep in mind the amount of coding and back-end work they goto do is crazy. coding is not ezpz okay.

3. If i want be part of endgame then i better suck it up and work harder
    - Quit just because it takes freaking long to reach endgame? Im trying really hard to reach endgame for my bowman. I have to vote for another 190+ days to be completely free from washing. I started voting from the start of this year but took a 3months break(never vote). But now i came back motivated to get my 10k hp once again. I always complain how freaking slow im progressing but secretly dreaming of being in endgame.

Ponder upon these and just deal with it for now. Once you are into endgame, you will join those top players and be against these (whiny dudes) trust me.

5. OP
    OP
    Bear

Bear Brown Teddy

May 25, 2018
    Male
    3:06 AM
    GarBear
    Can a mod/staff lock this thread please?

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    Closed by request..

• Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.