1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Halloween Event Feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Hiyo, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hello everyone,

We're here to ask you for feedback about this event so we can always see where we can improve and deliver the most enjoyable events for you. Here are a few questions that are important to us:
    • How was the drop rates for Candies, Boxes, and Neckson Cash Tickets?
    • How was the currency system in place? (Spin Tickets)
    • How were the raffle and other exchanges in terms of fairness?
    • How was the Cooking/Crafting system in place?
    • How was the Zombie Ring concept?
    • Did you like the cosmetics this event?
    Note: Keep in mind cooking/crafting gave exp for every craft!

Please be constructive with your feedback! We are constantly looking for ways to improve and bring you enjoyable events!

Hope you all enjoyed this year's Halloween Events! :pinkbean:

2. Kouen

Kouen Mano

Sep 3, 2017
    USA
    6:40 AM
    Kouen
    Dragon Knight, Dark Knight
    Like a Bunny
    Great Event Shit hairs .crafting leech broken

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    3:40 AM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    great event!! but the stew's were pretty broken. Everyone has like 1k +. Maybe make it so it takes a lot more materials to make next time?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    stews op
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    5:40 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    I do enjoy it.
    The only thing thats bad is that the 10 ticket raffle will get you heartstoppers most of the time
    a friend of mine did 4 times, and 3 of them was heartstopper LUL

• Like Like x 1
  6. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    very fair. The boxes could've yielded candy bundles/spinner pieces more often, as it felt like a box was less valuable than a single candy. I didn't pq, but adding the drops to pq monsters would be a nice addition so that people can have the choice to pq or grind for the items while leveling up.
    awesome!
    fair.
    fun! It's great to have to do more than just grind to get cool items. collecting a variety of items and quests in addition to grinding for candy/boxes is a perfect balance.
    the ambiguous upgrading method was a huge scam, and it's unfortunate that it was a conscious decision.
    YES.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. PALICO

PALICO Blue Snail

Jul 18, 2018
    Male
    3:40 AM
    Calcifer
    Hero
    Toot
    heartstoppers every single raffle SlimeSweat 10/10 SlimeSweat

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stoffel

Stoffel Mano

Jul 30, 2015
    Male
    Austria
    12:40 PM
    Stillworld
    F/P Arch Mage
    Muse
    Candies and Boxes for mages was pretty low (I understand why tho), The Neckson Cash Ticket Droprate felt really high (Which is good imo)
    I liked it overall, but I wasnt a fan of the Ticket pieces, Id much rather get 20 candies instead of them or a candy box Use item that has a higher amount of candy in it
    Id say they were pretty fair, it felt horrible to get 25 Heartstoppers for the amount of farming candies tho
    Ask my wrist about it it still hurts

Then again it wasnt intended to craft 1000+ stews so I guess fine, the pets were great!
    I liked it alot!
    Yes, the devil bear set and the korean set are one of my favorites in the game for sure!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    10:40 PM
    Bowmaster
      Fair, but i might be biased because i play BM? :thinking: Some classes definitely felt like they had a harder time farming than others.

Alright, can agree with the guy above me about 20 candies vs ticket pieces.

The trade-in rewards were good, the legendary raffle (10 tickets) felt like there were definitely balance issues with that. You either won big or you won small; but regardless, the time it takes to farm for these is just way too long. Assuming 1 hour for 100 candies (which i'm assuming is roughly the average for most players, possibly a bit more), it took people on average 10 hours to farm for the raffle for a chance to make a lot of money or get shafted completely. It's understandable that it's 'lotto' but the scale of how good the items were, varied way too much for how much time it took to farm for this raffle.

Nice, but a pain in the ass for people who were crafting a lot of stews or other items. The fact crafting also gave exp with no level requirement for crafting was kinda broken, it allowed people to power level mules without doing much.

Good, but there could've been better transparency about what the upgrade item for the ring did (even if it was obvious it acted as a chaos scroll)

Decent.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. K.M.

K.M. Snail

Nov 12, 2018
    Male
    6:40 PM
    Aeolia
    Priest
    Amity
    Tried getting worn halloween badge a of couple times, but never has the weapon def and magic def stats at all. I know def stats doesn't actually matter but it still makes me wondering. As for answering some of the question: drop rates of items mentioned above is pretty okay, number of candies/ ticket pieces to exchange spin ticket is optimal, although most players are aware of the chaos scroll effect of zombie essence (changing the item description might help clear that up since some players took the "enhance" effect literally), crafting system were fun, and cosmetics were nice, Overall, the event is pretty enjoyable to me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Doobydu

Doobydu Blue Snail

Oct 29, 2018
    Male
    5:40 AM
    Doobydu
    Magician
    Drops were OK if your class could mob, farmed like 1500~ on 3 days on a lvl 52 I/L but was only able to get 300~ in the same time with a lvl 46 gunslinger.

The crafting was kinda OP, got to level 46 just crafting stews, which I sold for around 70m~ in profit. Still have plenty to sell.

I didn't get the Zombie ring, wish I did on my gunslinger.

The 10 ticket raffle felt like a Scam tbh... so much time for a Heartstopper and a chair... could've made more raccoon masks >.> but I guess its just RNG.

The cosmetics were meh... but I guess that's what its available for Halloween themed cosmetics.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh boy! I was waiting for an opportunity to unload my hate and bile! OnionF3

Nah just kidding. I'll try to be as constructive as I can. Though probably still opinionated.

The candies and cash tickets were perfect! The boxes were the ones that were rather problematic...

I feel like not only were the drop rates for pumpkin chests way too high, but they also flooded our inventory with junk. Maybe to most players the extra "elixirs" were welcome, and they gobbled them up immediately. But as for me, since I wasn't grinding on high level mobs for exp, the potions just kept accumulating and accumulating. Most problematic was the fact that the red malady candies were by far the most common.

That is good for low level players, I guess, but on the other hand, doesn't handing out so many free potions make the game too easy? Clearly players who just join the server and created their first characters had a huge advantage compared to other times. Free potions, free elixirs to use/sell, a viable way to get costumes, plus some high value godly tier stuff to fund them.

How would I have made things different? I would have made chests a lot more rarer, say, 1/10th the drop rate they were even now. I would bump up the rate of being spooped, add whole spin tickets (rarely), different numbers of Halloween candies, and maybe some other random goodies like warrior elixir, wizard elixir, scrolls, onyx apples (rare), gm scrolls that are really fake (another halloween trick). There's tons of fun stuff more we could have put in chests.

Not bad, but I really think all items should have been tradeable. I don't see why candies, ticket pieces, and whole tickets could not be traded with other players. Not only would it be nice to share and trade, but it would let more people put candies together and pieces together for whole tickets, and pool their tickets together for the epic spin.

Can't really say. I didn't get a chance to do many raffles. But is RNG ever really "fair"?

Absolutely horrendous. To make 100 witches brew, not only do you have to go through all the trouble of collecting all the items, but then also sit through a marathon of NPC dialogue clicking. That was the most tedious, disgusting part of the whole event. Surely this wasn't done on purpose???

Honestly, I can see how if there was the ability to create hundreds of items at once with a few clicks, and you multiplied the craft exp by the hundreds, that would be insane. But the whole point of crafting is.. CRAFTING. Creating the items because you want the items. Not exp. Should have taken the exp component out of crafting and let us create items in bulk.

All the current system did was deter sensible people away from the system as it was meant to be used, and it became a whole industry of a new terrible way to level up a character that is as far away from actually playing a game as humanly possible.

It wasn't terrible I don't think. But considering that the item would expire, I didn't want to put much effort into it. That, and the horrible crafting system made me nope out of thinking of even attempting an upgrade. I had enough and didn't want to bother crafting any more food or using any of my brews up.

They looked cool on other players, but I still think my own stylish style is the best. :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    I thought all the candies/raffle stuff was balanced pretty well, and I unironically like that there's a dud reward mixed into the raffle.

The stews felt a little too easy to get and crafting them in bulk was kind of obnoxious with how long it took. I'm not sure how you make them more limited though without making it too much of a grind for the average person (someone who's not gonna make hundreds). I did like that you could use low level mob items allowing even newer players (like me) to make some. In the future for materials needed for stuff like the zombie essence and pets you might wanna ask for drops from less popular areas (such as Omega Sector or Florina Beach) in order to encourage players to visit those areas. Tons of people already go to Singapore for the various grinding maps and there will always be a need for people to hunt zombies for zak prequests.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Summer Rain

Summer Rain Pink Teddy

Jul 1, 2018
    Female
    5:40 PM
    Yukimajiri; Yorushika
    I/L Arch Mage, Bishop
    Colors
    I think its a nice rate, like surely we have to grind for things like this, but the grinding isnt extreme and tiring. And even for casual player we can do around 1 or 2 legendary raffles so its gud.
    Uhm 12 is too much, but u guys fixed it to 10. Its gud enough i guess ^^
    I love it how the comestic raffle only cost 1 ticket and wont give a duplicate rewards. So even if we dont gather enough for legendary raffle (which has chance to make our heart stop), we can just swing it and gather a bunch of lovely 12-month nx items. Definitely the best thing about this Halloween event.
    It made my wrist hurt so much and my eyes gettin the blurry vision etc. But to prevent massive production of witch stew i guess its fair enough. The pets are nice, i love them so much.
    Hmm, it was...ok i guess, having a temporary boost stats ring is nice. Oh but the zombie essence is kinda like a cs, i guess u should put that into the description of the item, i was rlly surprised when it minus all my stats....
    Extremely so. I love almost every bit of them, like, out of 5 comestic raffles i only get one i dont like. Please keep this as a thing thanks ^^

In overall Halloween event is the one i enjoy the most, give me enough motivation to go from 90 to 120 without leeching XD. I like the concept of collecting candies, makes thing rather worthwhile when i was trying to lvl up.

Stay awesome guys <3

• Like Like x 2
  15. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    12:40 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Good for me, i was getting a nice amount without feeling like "oh this drops are shit" nor "wot, this is OP". so yep, good.
    It was nice, but in my case, too high to make more than one raffle exchange even when i played all the days, but i assume a lot of ppl that changed a good bunch were mages, or even more hardcore players than me, so it could have been worse.
    I was happy because i was only able to make an exchange, and i got a chair with it, but i was really tense to get stoppers. For the other exchange, i like that we didnt got mixed stuff like last time, because getting the mask and other halloween stuff separated was nice for sure.
    imo really tedious. i know that some ppl used it to lvl and also to stack a lot of nice pots, but tbh, i would have prefered to get an option to craft all of them at once, even with the exp reward of one single craft. At least with this way ppl that wants the exp will take the effort to click one by one, and ppl that just wanted the items for pets or stock, could finish faster and without hand pain
    It was weird, because since i knew it will expire, i didnt used my low amount of candies on it. I liked the idea and the fact you could scroll it, but it got me back real quick. I guess is good for new players that got a bunch of candies, so they can start growing with some decent equip that they dont need to fund too much.
    Oh, i liked them, even when i didnt got one myself, i like how they look for sure, and is always a good addition for the events. so yup, nice imo.

And i think that's all that i can say, thanks for the event, as always, is fun to do things like this SlimeGrin

• Like Like x 2
  16. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    JoeL
    Beginner
  17. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    lazy tsuki didn't make a single raffle lol
    Friend : why don't your farm candies for raffle?
    Tsuki : what is raffle? Can eat one? (Is that something edible?)

The crafting part. Could have give players the option to mass crafting in one click, but the exp will not be multipled. So those who only want to craft the material can get such convenience at the expense of forgoing the exp.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So, seems a lot of people think the stews are OP and broken, and way too many were crafted? Maybe fair enough judgement.

If we ever get something like this again next year, it's probably best to use different items, such that it isn't super easy to farm trash mobs. Some possible high-end etcs to use instead could be: werewolf toes, boss's pomade, sealed bottle (phantom watch), harp's tail feather, cold shark fin ....

Also, now that people mentioned it, I totally agree that the pieces of spin tickets was a pretty redundant idea. They were equivalent to 20 candy, so why not just award larger quantities of candy?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Eminence

Eminence Mushmom

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    Eminence/Afterglow
    Bishop
    Pacifists
    I found the candy drop rate for genesis to be horrible. In order to farm candy for the event I was using magic claw at drakes or heal at gs2 to get an optimum candy drop rate. I understand that the candy drop rate would be too OP if using genesis had the same drop rate as mages would farm way faster than other classes. But still, it would be nice if the drop rate wasn't nerfed to the point where using genesis was yielding lesser candy than using magic claws on snails.
    I kind of wondered the point of having a legendary raffle in the first place when there was heartstoppers going to be added to the prize pool. It overall gave a horrible feeling when you farmed for around 10 hours just to find out that the prize you got was 25 heartstoppers. I guess it is a raffle and there will be RNG to things and there have to be bad prizes but honestly getting heartstoppers as a prize 2-3 times in a row after hours of farming is just a horrible feeling. Honestly it would be nice to find out the chance of getting each item beforehand which I assume would be a 40-60% chance of getting 25 heartstopper. But then it wouldn't sound like a legendary raffle anymore would it?

Honestly I'm just salty as RNG wasn't kind to me this event lul
    Crafting was a chore as we had to craft the ingredients 1 by 1. Would be nice to have a function to craft all the ingredients at once. Also, why was exp being given for crafting? I managed to get a mule to lvl 20 in like 5 minutes by crafting stews and ingredients for the event pets. The flat EXP rate was honestly too high and allowed people to level up lower level characters super fast which took out the challenge of early game leveling.
    I loved the cosmetic ring effects. The name one especially, but sadly I didn't managed to get it from the cosmetic raffle :(

• Like Like x 2
  20. mosshroom

mosshroom Orange Mushroom

Mar 18, 2017
    Female
    1:40 PM
    Chara, mosshroom
    Hermit, Shadower
    Halcyon
    I found all of those pretty well balanced, didn't feel like i got too many nor too few.
    As others have mentioned before, the ticket pieces didn't really seem necessary (could've just given 20 candy), other than that I liked it.
    I think the raffle was really good this time - more expensive, but higher chance to get something good. Of course, some people will only get stoppers and won't be happy, but that's just how RNG is sometimes.
    My hand fell off, literally. But on the other hand, it was fair considering stew is really good and you also get EXP from it. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's overpowered, seemed like fair reward for fair amount of work (Unless you bought all the etcs and let someone else click for you. That could be avoided by making untradeable custom crafting drops).
    Personally I didn't care for it since it expires. But I can see some other players finding it possibly useful.
    YESS! Really good NX this time imo, hope to see at least some return next year.

Overall I really enjoyed this event. Well done staff!!~ :heartbeat:

• Like Like x 2