1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Reach Rightmost Prehead Rope Without Movement Boosts

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by FeroxAnima, Nov 13, 2018.

1. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    10:51 PM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Description of the bug: The recent change to the map of the first Horntail pre-head (the one that lowered the ceiling & got rid of the safe rope) also made it so that you need a certain minimum speed/jump to be able to reach the last rope from the one before it. Adding picture for emphasis.
    (Sorry it's crappy, it was the only one I could find after the ceiling change XD)
    rope.png
    What is supposed to happen?: You should be able to jump between the ropes regardless of your speed/jump values.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: First Horntail pre-head (The Cave of Trial I)
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Climb middle rope and try to jump to the rope to the right with low speed and jump values.
    Extra information (optional): We had a pendant buyer and after we killed the first head, all the others entered the next map except for me and him (both of us bishops), so we didn't have haste available. He was unable to reach the third rope (he climbed up all the way to the top of the middle rope and tried to jump many times but he just couldn't reach). I happened to have some gear with speed on it so I gave it to him and it was just enough to make the difference. I guess the rightmost rope just has to be a bit longer?

Thanks <3

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:51 PM
    Moderator Post
    This map change was applied from an official MapleSEA patch that purposely patched the aggro abuse bug on the map. We will look into if we can accomplish both with your complaint for next patch. I guess I also forgot to put this change in the patch logs.

3. OP
    OP
    FeroxAnima

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Ahh, I see. I hope you guys can find a way around this somehow. Thanks for the response <3

4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:51 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    KimberlyKimberly i thought you guys added those so people couldnt afk on the rope XD , but makes sense now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I didnt knew there was a change on the HT pre heads maps SlimeShocked

Does the change affect to the "lag zone" effect that you get when you are a melee and stay under the first rope or that is still an issue? (just curious now, maybe i missed something and i didnt saw, fml, sorry SlimeCry)

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not sure, honestly. We just imported the fix from MapleSEA with nothing else. DulceDulce is pro in verifying that I heard. If its still an issue I am willing to look into that as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    FeroxAnima

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    It does not fix the "lag zone", sadly. :')

8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:51 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  9. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Yeah, i tried on the run i did today and i was still laggy on that spot, and since the only map changed was the 1st one, the lag would have stayed on the second anyways. I must say it feels really claustrophobic now tho, so tiny the 1st prehead room....SlimeCry

10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    KimberlyKimberly is there any intention of fixing the lag zone? or any feedback on if it can be fixed. This zone is very annoying to melee. On the first prehead, it can be avoided if you reach the end of the platform with corkscrew blow or rush but on the second one is unavoidable and messes up the combo u do as bucc and even the attack rate of a melee that only uses one attack like DK spamming crusher. The worst part is that when the pet fails to heal you after a 1/1 that zone will lag the inputs on the pots as well.

11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I got one of our devs telling me what the potential reasons could be for the 'lag zone'. I see if we can find a fix for it.

12. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
  13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We have pin-pointed what the problem is, but right now try the best way to combat it. If nothing works out, the worst case we move away the portal to right, which means HT will spawn earlier, but you won't be standing on the top of the portal anymore like you are now.

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    FeroxAnima

Dec 29, 2017
    Male