1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking Charge of Adult ADHD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by theKatia, Mar 26, 2019.

1. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    7:20 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Trying to do something a little different here. I was inspired by a few other blogs (ahem, started by the beloved Sku) that popped up a little while back and I liked the idea, but didn't quite getting around to doing one of my own. Now I'm trying it out a bit differently, with a twist: I'm taking my first hiatus from Legends (in 2 years of playing), and logging my IRL progress in tackling my reasons for having felt the need for a hiatus OnionPretty

Some background: I've recently started a new life, on my own, with no system to move me forward. I moved into a new apartment on my own (with a roommate). And even finding the place was just a stroke of luck. I'm starting out with horrible executive skills . MapleF12

Goals: This one is tricky. I start and try so many different things that I lose track of my priorities. But a goal is necessary for everything. I must focus myself!

#1 Find a job.
    It's my first time doing this on my own... but I really have to.

#2 Apply and get accepted to a college.
    My grades aren't an obstacle here, I should at least get in to most places with the requirement of a prep course. From here it's just my executive skills, I must be on top of it! OnionGlass

#3 Be organised. My room, my computer (ahem 30 internet tabs) and my affairs. This one's hard to measure, but the betterment process has to happen.

I have other goals too, smaller ones, but they are not priorities.

I hope that even though this is a real life topic, I'll be able to make it interesting. After all, this too, is something all of us do. Join me on this journey, and help me stay motivated!

P.S.
    The title? It's the name of a book I have. I don't want to get into the topic of ADHD, at least not yet. I just thought it's a fitting title. I could quote lines if I feel like it's relevant and people are interested.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    12:20 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    If you want your resume reviewed, contact me on discord c: I'm not a professional reviewer, but I've taken a course on it, reviewed a few, and I'm nitpicky (usually bad thing, but good for this!)

Good luck with your journey, may the gacha god bless you irl.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    1:20 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Hi Katia, If there's a need for more opinions on your resume or work advice, I could offer some help too as I have worked in a few different lines with service being the longest industry I've been in.

All the best and remember to drop by often :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'd share the resume, but it's in a different language. And anyway, I'm not even sure how relevant it is, considering I'm so young and don't really qualify for any experienced work. I also have some articles bookmarked on how to write a resume, but it's just totally the last thing on my mind. MapleF12

Now, I realise it's been close to a week. In fact, I wasn't even home since last Thursday! I was visiting relatives at a few different locations, and staying over because they're all a bit far and I don't own a car. This was honestly semi-spontaneous. I had planned to have the weekend off, but decided to just join in on a birthday party, and also payed gramdma a visit in the process. It may not be the most productive but it's good for the soul .angelmush I actually can't stand being home alone too long. What's more, my relatives were eager to give me tips, ideas, and resources. More than I'm going to remember...

I've managed far more than I thought I would OnionPerfect
    + Landed an interview TOMORROW (ahhh!)
    + Possibly going to tutor an elderly man on smartphones
    And a third job-related thing, which I'm not sure about. On my way home, I was approached by a few GreenPeace activists looking for donations, and since I had some time I talked to them, and kinda rolled with anything they said. I ended up signing up for the donation but also being offered the job. It's pretty much sales. I'm all for protecting the environment but joining an activist organisation has always seemed radical to me. Thoughts anyone? I also have to look more into the company itself.
    [​IMG]

+ I also landed like 4 meetings with advisors and professors in a few different places I want to learn next year
    again, one of which is TOMORROW (I'm going to die tomorrow) crymush

In fact, it appears that going out has been far more productive than staying at home on my laptop, even if I am working. Would you look at that... I'm realising that I have a lot more going for me than I thought. Even though I'm shy. And disorganised. Yes. My room is still a mess. More of a mess, actually. I've made a few steps when it comes to digital space, but I'll get to the organisation stuff next post. 'Till then!

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Hi, whomever may still be interested (thanks ophtho!).
    It's been another few weeks. I guess regular blogging isn't a thing for me, but then maybe irregular blogging is? OnionSmart IDK yet. This might be my close.
    I did pretty much achieve 2/3 of my goals. Everything but becoming organised. That's DEFINITELY the hardest one of all, but I'm not sure if I care as much anymore.
    So what did I really accomplish in those few weeks? Well, lazy and spoiled as I am, I didn't get a job by calling the right places at the right times and acing an interview. Nope. My aunt set me up as an interim worker at some minor office job at the university. And I'm not sure I made an impression during the interview, all I know is that they were just pretty desperate and decided to go for it. But hey whatever; the pay is slightly better than waitering and there are rides to and from work. :coin:

I also did pretty much get into most universities I wanted. They interest me in inverse order of their distance from my current residence. MapleF3 If only my roommate was down to move far away with me, everything will be perfect. Anyway, I'm still not 100% officially in so I shouldn't be boasting. THEY CAN STILL DROP ME MapleF18

That's really all I can really update. Specifically right now I'm in kind of a low phase. Seems like ADHD is still taking more charge of the adult than the other way around but at least that enables me to be hyperactive and fun before I crash into a crying mess, right? XatEmo With routine now coming into place, I may be making my way back to Legends soon to experience the event. In the meantime I had been on and off of a few other games such as the brand new Gunbound Origins, Shadow Fight 2 (which broke AGAIN before I could kill Hermit) and a certain fling into flash games like Learn to Fly.

• Like Like x 4